dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
49 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

Just got off with NVC. I submitted all my stepdaughter's papers on 11/07/2019 and then on 11/14/2019 I submitted another copy of her BC because I noticed the bottom was cut off. The agent informed me that the submission date they are using is the 14th not the 7th.  She gave the same song and dance about how they are working on October submissions.  I asked why is it that someone I know of submitted on 11/11/2019 and they were approved today.  She said she has no idea.  Basically, I have to keep reminding myself everything will be complete when it's complete :clock:

Thanks for the update... I also have seen documents submitted in November and approved a week later... I just don't get it. Maybe it has something to do with the country. 

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello everyone! So I just got my case number and everywhere I've been reading, including here on VJ, it says I have to fill out DS-261 (Choice of Agent). However there is no place to fill this out. And I'm using Rapid Visa and I called them asking where to fill it out and they said that I don't have to do that...??? Is that true?  When I log onto CEAC all I see is the place to pay my fees. My fees are already available to pay and I just paid my first one. Just not sure if I have to fill out that Choice of Agent form. (By the way my husband and I are already receiving emails from NVC). Thanks for the help! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kani2015 said:

Hello everyone! So I just got my case number and everywhere I've been reading, including here on VJ, it says I have to fill out DS-261 (Choice of Agent). However there is no place to fill this out. And I'm using Rapid Visa and I called them asking where to fill it out and they said that I don't have to do that...??? Is that true?  When I log onto CEAC all I see is the place to pay my fees. My fees are already available to pay and I just paid my first one. Just not sure if I have to fill out that Choice of Agent form. (By the way my husband and I are already receiving emails from NVC). Thanks for the help! 

No more DS261 needed. Just go ahead and pay your fees. :)

Once those go through 3 days- 2 weeks (have seen it all) you can start with the AOS and DS260 etc

I-130

4/10/2019 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

4/18/2019  NOA1

9/25/2019 NOA 2 for I-130  (166 days) - no 129 or expedite.

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

11/23/2019 Submitted everything

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/10/20 Greencard fee paid

02/15/20 POE

10/01/20 Card in production

02/15/20 Move to the US

06/2021 Finally received Greencard

I-751 (Lifting Conditions)

01/2022 I751 sent

02/2022 NOA1 / Using old Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AlenaNick said:

Once those go through 3 days- 2 weeks (have seen it all) you can start with the AOS and DS260 etc

Oh ok, great! That makes it easier :) Thanks for the help!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AlenaNick said:

This is correct

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, neilsqueen said:

Just got off with NVC. I submitted all my stepdaughter's papers on 11/07/2019 and then on 11/14/2019 I submitted another copy of her BC because I noticed the bottom was cut off. The agent informed me that the submission date they are using is the 14th not the 7th.  She gave the same song and dance about how they are working on October submissions.  I asked why is it that someone I know of submitted on 11/11/2019 and they were approved today.  She said she has no idea.  Basically, I have to keep reminding myself everything will be complete when it's complete :clock:

That's really crazy nobody know how NVC working on our cases. I submitted my documents on 11/07 still waiting. Hope we get DQ before 12/24 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Kurdish said:

That's really crazy nobody know how NVC working on our cases. I submitted my documents on 11/07 still waiting. Hope we get DQ before 12/24 

The system is very unpredictable, and I wonder if they see it themselves? 

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Knightgame185 said:

it depends on the country and how backlog they are. I submitted mines on 7th and still no answer yet. Btw how long did you have to wait on hold to get answer from nvc

About 40 minutes.  That's the least time I've ever been on hold waiting!

2 hours ago, Sea Leslie said:

Thanks for the update... I also have seen documents submitted in November and approved a week later... I just don't get it. Maybe it has something to do with the country. 

You're probably right. It sucks but it is what it is.

WARNING POINTLESS RANT BELOW!:

So I am on my fourth submission (first one in April) and this time I have waited 7 whole weeks... and today still nothing

Two days ago they were reviewing Oct 21st and mine is Oct 23rd, and people who submitted on the 22nd have been getting DQ since Monday!!!!

They shut down the system for 10 bloody days because apparently it's undergoing maintenance, but that's obviously a lie, and no organisation around the world would have their systems down for more than a day.

So they had 10 whole days of no submissions, and that still does not ease their workload apparently....

I am so over this BS

10 months at the USCIS and now 9  months and counting at the NVC

I just want this endless nightmare to be over :( 

4 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

WARNING POINTLESS RANT BELOW!:

So I am on my fourth submission (first one in April) and this time I have waited 7 whole weeks... and today still nothing

Two days ago they were reviewing Oct 21st and mine is Oct 23rd, and people who submitted on the 22nd have been getting DQ since Monday!!!!

They shut down the system for 10 bloody days because apparently it's undergoing maintenance, but that's obviously a lie, and no organisation around the world would have their systems down for more than a day.

So they had 10 whole days of no submissions, and that still does not ease their workload apparently....

I am so over this BS

10 months at the USCIS and now 9  months and counting at the NVC

I just want this endless nightmare to be over :( 

Oh my goodness! April??!! Would you mind telling us why you had 4 rejections? That’s nonsense!!

5 minutes ago, Gabrobill said:

Oh my goodness! April??!! Would you mind telling us why you had 4 rejections? That’s nonsense!!

Just pointless stuff that is so silly at first.

We have a immigration lawyer that got her paralegal to do everything and apparently neither checks things. So the I-864 was not signed but they did not catch it, and uploaded without sharing with us.

Passport was horizontal

Passport was then not clear (honestly nothing wrong with either submission, the exact same)

Then it was because we need  your 2018 tax transcripts, but we had filled extension and they did not review our extension doc

So then they approved everything....but came back saying now we need proof that your sponsors and my wife still had employment

Just one thing after another

Edited by AndyRoo6

Timeline
1 hour ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Just pointless stuff that is so silly at first.

We have a immigration lawyer that got her paralegal to do everything and apparently neither checks things. So the I-864 was not signed but they did not catch it, and uploaded without sharing with us.

Passport was horizontal

Passport was then not clear (honestly nothing wrong with either submission, the exact same)

Then it was because we need  your 2018 tax transcripts, but we had filled extension and they did not review our extension doc

So then they approved everything....but came back saying now we need proof that your sponsors and my wife still had employment

Just one thing after another

My wife picture on passport is not clear hope they don't rejected. I don't want upload new one. Submitted my documents 4 weeks ago. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got a case accepted today.  I had my dad as a joint sponsor, but now I can’t find him on the page and they accepted him and his documents. Wondering if I need to resubmit his part?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Atyree9 said:

I got a case accepted today.  I had my dad as a joint sponsor, but now I can’t find him on the page and they accepted him and his documents. Wondering if I need to resubmit his part?

When did you submitt your documents? Yes you need these documents when you go to interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/9/2019 at 3:57 PM, DGF said:

I have two potentially silly questions.
2. How often are docs not reviewed even though the date they were submitted is past the "currently reviewing" date posted by the NVC? We're still a week or so away from when our date will be processed, but I haven't been able to find anything about if going past that date means there's a problem, or if it's a totally normal thing to go past that date. 

[cue Jeopardy intro]

We should have our re-submitted doc reviewed *this* week. Thought maybe today was the day, but so far nothing...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.