dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, DASH_US said:

Thank you so much for such a prompt response. May I know if you have uploaded it on CEAC website or not?

BDW what kind of a proof will you provide for legal residency?

Yes, we uploaded (for the second time) on November 8th. And I’m not sure what your country will use for that purpose, but for us it was this certificate for permanent registration/residency he got when he moved there.

36F937A6-76F1-4607-888F-F22AC1365E4D.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Knightgame185 said:

Hey guys I submitted my documents November 7th anyone here submitted around that time and hear something? My priority date is coming September 27. I applied from Pakistan if location matters. 

I submitted my documents to NVC on 4th November, didn't get back from them so far. NVC normally takes 4-6 weeks to review the documents. Let's hope for the best to come in this week and keep update.

28 minutes ago, Raza329 said:

I submitted my documents to NVC on 4th November, didn't get back from them so far. NVC normally takes 4-6 weeks to review the documents. Let's hope for the best to come in this week and keep update.

let’s hope so, plus they had probably a week in break to from thanksgiving. So if we do find out will it be end of this week correct? If not end of next week?

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Knightgame185 said:

let’s hope so, plus they had probably a week in break to from thanksgiving. So if we do find out will it be end of this week correct? If not end of next week?

I submitted my documents on Nov 1, still waiting for a response from them. I'm thinking to believe its would be next week since there was Thanksgiving break and couple of snow days that could make it to 7 weeks instead of 6 weeks. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that I get DQ from them by the end of this week!

1 hour ago, Raza329 said:

I submitted my documents Nov 4th as well.. No DQ email yet 

53 minutes ago, Knightgame185 said:

NVC had system shut down in second week of November for 10 days, many people around the world unable to upload their documents during that time. Can't say for sure in this week, but coming week definitely be ours. Fingers crossed.🤞🤞

23 minutes ago, Raza329 said:

NVC had system shut down in second week of November for 10 days, many people around the world unable to upload their documents during that time. Can't say for sure in this week, but coming week definitely be ours. Fingers crossed.🤞🤞

I worked with CEAC for two weeks from Nov 3rd-15th with no issues. I think that shutdown was the prior month or maybe even late September from memory.

Edited by canadavisa22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, Uiyl said:

They put us in uncessarily stressful situation and I kept on telling myself may be it's for the best. By any chance, if you know people from Taiwan who can collect the documents on your behalf and send it to you by one of those express mail service providers or perhaps if you can also request for the electronic copy? I received one of my docs in electronic format. Good luck to you on this one. 🙏

I do know people in Taiwan but I'm too bashful to bother them with my documents 😶

My husband called NVC and mentioned the 12 month period and the NVC representative said the 12 month requirement is a rough estimate and that they have different requirements for every country and that we can find this info in the reciprocity (sp) website. I don't think I'll find anything but I really haven't looked hard enough to see if it's true. 

And I'm gonna call the police dept and ask if they can scan it so that I can upload the document before it even arrives physically :D

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Hey Alix and @DGF  maybe Ignore my last.. it says nothing about colour on general DOS page.. it’s all about legibility... https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/establish-financial-support/docs-scan-faqs.html

Thank you! It's comforting to see that it's not listed as a hard and fast rule. I was asking because it says here under general requirements "If any document is in colour, please scan it in colour rather than black and white" which isn't really clear since it's written as more of a request than a requirement. We're almost certain that my husband's proof of US citizenship was uploaded in black and white by our lawyer so I'm just trying to temper my expectations since we should be hearing back next week and a doc rejection will likely push us to around a 22 month process :( 

Edited by DGF

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

19 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

I worked with CEAC for two weeks from Nov 3rd-15th with no issues. I think that shutdown was the prior month or maybe even late September from memory.

Issue was in mid November not September, as many visa journey members complained about having problem to upload their documents.

Wish for a speedy process for all.

Edited by Raza329
Wrong date written before

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Raza329 said:

Issue was in mid November not September, as many visa journey members complained about having problem to upload their documents.

Wish for a speedy process for all.

It was Oct 11th - 21st. They will be working on any backlog created by the maintenance issue now since yesterday they were working on the 21st so the processing time posted on the 16th will give us a better idea of when people who submitted after the outage will hear back. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

24 minutes ago, DGF said:

It was Oct 11th - 21st. They will be working on any backlog created by the maintenance issue now since yesterday they were working on the 21st so the processing time posted on the 16th will give us a better idea of when people who submitted after the outage will hear back. 

On Facebook group, there are some people who submitted on 10/22 got DQ yesterday (12/5/2019).  Hopefully, they are working all October by the end of this week, and start November next week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 hours ago, Knightgame185 said:

Hey guys I submitted my documents November 7th anyone here submitted around that time and hear something? My priority date is coming September 27. I applied from Pakistan if location matters. 

Mine the same date on 11/07.and same proirity date 09/26/2018. Hopfully we will get DQ next week 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.