BrianUSA

How to cancel wife's visa?

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, BrianUSA said:

I am worried that she will go to a different apartment and change the address for the GC to arrive.

Will CBP call me to confirm if she asks them to chance the address when she enters the country? 

Maybe she will go to a new place . It’s unfortunate these things weren’t worked out prior to you both getting married and going through the immigration process. Marriage and immigration are both life changing. Highly unlikely CBP will contact you regarding her address change. She can change her address on her USCIS online account anyways.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

4 minutes ago, JFH said:

Nope. And you are on the hook with I-864 also. Although I doubt she will need public assistance as she seems to be a hard-working independent woman. 

36 year old model LOL , time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Why does it bother you that she might? 

Because why should she come here if I no longer want her here? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, JFH said:

I was on your side until I read this comment. You are quite right that there’s no need to get a 30-year mortgage at 45 if you live in a perfectly adequate place, etc. 

You are not doing her a favor by bringing her here. I do hate that arrogant attitude from the USCs who seem to think that we foreign spouses should be eternally grateful and indebted to you because you “rescued” us from our home lands and “gifted” us a better life. Ridiculous. She sounds like she is very self-sufficient with her own career. She owes you nothing. If this is a genuine marriage then bringing her here is just as much for your benefit as it is hers. 

Its almost as bad as the immigrants that say “I gave up everything to come here for him/her”. No, you did not. You made a life change that you BOTH wanted and so that you could BOTH live with the person you love. You do it for yourself as much as you do it for the other. 

Shes probably better off without you if that’s your attitude.

21 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Sounds to me that you live in the old ages and she is better off without you. You're 45 and you act like a child. She is a strong independent woman and she doesn't need you. Stop thinking that you are saving her. 

18 minutes ago, MorganandMichael said:

It’s pretty cliche, but I think more people need to adhere to the idea of marrying someone for who they are, not who you want them to be or see them becoming.

If you think it’s wrong of her to expect you to work with it being hard on your body, your should probably do some looking into how hard pregnancy and childbirth can be on your body. That’s absolutely not something to force on someone who is unwilling. Not to even mention the responsibility of having a child.

I don’t really blame her for not wanting to bring a new person into the world with someone who is willing to just cancel a visa after 2 years of marriage. 

✔️✔️✔️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, BrianUSA said:

I am worried that she will go to a different apartment and change the address for the GC to arrive.

Will CBP call me to confirm if she asks them to chance the address when she enters the country? 

Doubtful CBP will inform you.  

It's USCIS she has to inform of the address change, and no they won't inform you.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BrianUSA said:

But she is coming only because she is my wife! if I don't want her here and as don't want her to be my wife she should not come! isn't it fraud if she is coming here knowing I want to divorce her?!

Seems she told you all about this up front.  

14 minutes ago, Going through said:

I think it's somewhat more fraudulent that you went ahead and married her anyhow, thinking you could convince her to change her mind about not having children later.  You presented yourself as okay with it beforehand when you married her, and likely continued to present yourself as okay with it during the 2 years of marriage.  Now you've changed your mind right before her entering.

Because you don't own the keys to the country.

But she has a spouse visa! if I no longer want her to be my wife how can she still come here?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.