BrianUSA

How to cancel wife's visa?

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, BrianUSA said:

But she has a spouse visa! if I no longer want her to be my wife how can she still come here?

Because she has been granted a visa. She has gone through the steps to obtain one. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Just now, BrianUSA said:

So basically if someone has a visa they can enter even if the reason for them having the visa is long gone?

According to the law, yes.  You are married.  Now.  Today.  The Immigration process is finished.  She can come.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, milimelo said:

The embassy can call her back to cancel the visa but you’d need to act fast and send in withdrawal of I-130 petition via email to them. 

yes, they can 

Morocco embassy revoked an approved visa 

28 minutes ago, BrianUSA said:

So basically if someone has a visa they can enter even if the reason for them having the visa is long gone?

Yes because you are still legally married. That’s all that is required - a legal marriage entered into in good faith. She can file divorce proceedings the minute she arrives. At the time the immigration benefit was sought and granted, she fulfilled the requirements. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

yes, they can 

Morocco embassy revoked an approved visa 

It requires a finding of fraud or inadmissability after the visa is issued and before US entry

It’s a high bar (probably not very high for Morocco LOL)

Edited by Nitas_man

Only the question is whether or not her immigration visa (and/or your I-130/I-864) can be cancelled by telling the embassy or CBP that you are going to divorce your wife. I don’t think it can be done. However, if you really believe that she married you only for immigration benefits, you may try it now or report your belief to USCIS after she comes to the US. Just filing a divorce here gives her an opportunity to come here to attend a divorce mediation session. Of course, she can come on with her immigrant visa and become a LPR as she’s still your wife until the divorce becomes finalized.

2 minutes ago, t-ten said:

Only the question is whether or not her immigration visa (and/or your I-130/I-864) can be cancelled by telling the embassy or CBP that you are going to divorce your wife. I don’t think it can be done. However, if you really believe that she married you only for immigration benefits, you may try it now or report your belief to USCIS after she comes to the US. Just filing a divorce here gives her an opportunity to come here to attend a divorce mediation session. Of course, she can come on with her immigrant visa and become a LPR as she’s still your wife until the divorce becomes finalized.

What do I need to do in order to prove that she used me?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.