majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

I called Tier 2 and the officer I spoke with acted like we shouldn't need the I-693, but he would not second guess the officer that sent out the request for the I693's. The IO that I spoke with said if they are asking for an I-693, you better get one. I hate to spend $900 for two I-693's when they are really not required..... I have a K1 & K2, so the fees are x 2.

Yeah that's a catch-22, you are not really sure if they lost it or why they need the I-693. If you could find out the real deal before you spent that money that would be the ticket, but getting information like that out of USCIS is like pulling teeth. I feel you I would be so upset to spend 900.00 only to really not need it. Only thing I can suggest but it is risky either you find out why they want the I-693 or take a copy of your DS3025 and hope that will suffice. Like I said its risky

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah that's a catch-22, you are not really sure if they lost it or why they need the I-693. If you could find out the real deal before you spent that money that would be the ticket, but getting information like that out of USCIS is like pulling teeth. I feel you I would be so upset to spend 900.00 only to really not need it. Only thing I can suggest but it is risky either you find out why they want the I-693 or take a copy of your DS3025 and hope that will suffice. Like I said its risky

Yes, they are a little unorganized. I just received her daughters notice of interview that was dated 09/17/2019. We received it on 11/18/2019. 

I did receive,  in the mail,  a confirmation notice of my request to change my wife's and her daughters mailing and permanent address (two separate envelopes). The update was dated  08/11/2019, but they only updated my wife's address and mailed her daughters notice of interview to our old address. Now, I have confirmed her daughters address has been updated. 🤦‍♂️ 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
11 hours ago, Happy Traveler said:

Does anybody have a sample letter of the cover letter they can share?

I would really appreciate it.

which cover letter? AOS/EAD/AP you will have 3 cover letters in your package. below is my AOS cover letter

Enclosed, please find my Adjustment of Status Application. My eligibility is based on K1 admission and subsequent marriage to the U.S. citizen within 90 days of entry.

The following documents accompany and support this application:

• Check for $1,225 (includes biometrics)
  • Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  • Form I-485, Application to Adjustment of Status
  • 2 Passport style photographs
  • Original copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Form I-797 NOA2 Approval
  • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page + K1 Visa page + entry stamps
  • Copy of birth certificate + translation
  • Copy of Form DS-3025 Vaccination Records
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support & supporting documents:
    • Copy of biographical page of passport
    • Copy of birth certificate
    • Copy of 2017 IRS tax Transcript
    • Employment letter verification
    • Copies of most 6 recent Pay stubs

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

2 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

which cover letter? AOS/EAD/AP you will have 3 cover letters in your package. below is my AOS cover letter

Enclosed, please find my Adjustment of Status Application. My eligibility is based on K1 admission and subsequent marriage to the U.S. citizen within 90 days of entry.

The following documents accompany and support this application:

• Check for $1,225 (includes biometrics)
  • Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  • Form I-485, Application to Adjustment of Status
  • 2 Passport style photographs
  • Original copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Form I-797 NOA2 Approval
  • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page + K1 Visa page + entry stamps
  • Copy of birth certificate + translation
  • Copy of Form DS-3025 Vaccination Records
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support & supporting documents:
    • Copy of biographical page of passport
    • Copy of birth certificate
    • Copy of 2017 IRS tax Transcript
    • Employment letter verification
    • Copies of most 6 recent Pay stubs

Are we suppose to send the NOA 1 or NOA 2?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AJ_Monreal said:

Are we suppose to send the NOA 1 or NOA 2?

I don't think so. I just added everything i could to avoid RFE lol. i dont even think you have to add the medical(you can bring that to interview) they are known to losing your medical<_<

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

9 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

I don't think so. I just added everything i could to avoid RFE lol. i dont even think you have to add the medical(you can bring that to interview) they are known to losing your medical<_<

Ahhh okay that makes sense! We sent copies of  our NOA1 and decided not to send NOA2 so I got nervous there for a second. 😅 we sent ours on Monday so praying we get something soon! 🙏🏼  God bless on your application!💕

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AJ_Monreal said:

Ahhh okay that makes sense! We sent copies of  our NOA1 and decided not to send NOA2 so I got nervous there for a second. 😅 we sent ours on Monday so praying we get something soon! 🙏🏼  God bless on your application!💕

thank you and good luck!! NOA1/NOA2 whatever worst case you bring it to the interview. they didnt ask for them, they care more about sponsor and medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all, I just have a couple of questions:
1) I got an SSN for my maiden name already. Should I go change my name under social security and THEN file the AOS under my married name? Or can I just file the AOS in my maiden?
2) Should I include (1) G-1145 form for every application or just one for the whole package?
3) How important is it to get Tax Transcript vs. Tax Return (1040)? I only have the 1040 right now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Del A. said:

Hi all, I just have a couple of questions:
1) I got an SSN for my maiden name already. Should I go change my name under social security and THEN file the AOS under my married name? Or can I just file the AOS in my maiden? You can file AOS with your new name, your MC is proof of name change. you should update your SS regardless, but not necessarily;y before AOS
2) Should I include (1) G-1145 form for every application or just one for the whole package? just 1 is enough
3) How important is it to get Tax Transcript vs. Tax Return (1040)? I only have the 1040 right now. Tax transcript is fewer papers and proof you filed your taxes. I suggest that more, you can create an account on the IRS website to obtain the transcript. you can submit the other but you have to include all papers W2s, etc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, Margo2017777 said:

oh no, 5 days is definitely not the time frame to be worried . 2 weeks is a good case scenario , as in some cases it takes longer.  I hope you will get notifications soon! 

Just got NOA1 Monday. yay!

1 hour ago, KristineGB said:

Very good congratulations.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, Margo2017777 said:

oh no, 5 days is definitely not the time frame to be worried . 2 weeks is a good case scenario , as in some cases it takes longer.  I hope you will get notifications soon! 

Yup because I’m on day 20 without any notifications besides USPS saying it was delivered 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline
2 hours ago, DiazEdgecombe9194 said:

Yup because I’m on day 20 without any notifications besides USPS saying it was delivered 

Am sure you will receive notifications soon!

4 hours ago, KristineGB said:

Congraats! :)

Hey guys!!!

I'm new in the group... and together with my spouse sent the AOS package on Nov. 19... I'm filling out in PA so I guess the Local Office will be Philadelphia. Has anyone here filling in Philly? Time frames? Any advice is always welcome.

Good luck to y'all in this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.