majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process

--- Filed today. Best of luck to all! ----

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Congrats to all the November 2019 AOS filers, hoping your cases are speedily adjudicated.

Hey hey its Sarge! :)

Filed today as well good luck every one :)

21 minutes ago, DiazEdgecombe9194 said:

Very good. Did you apply for a SSN before marriage, if not you can still apply but keep your mouth shut about being married  and apply in the maiden  name. Do it while you have time  left on your I94

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 11/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, DiazEdgecombe9194 said:

I'll be joining you in the November club. We waited for his SSN so that we can have it on our app. Our packet will go out tomorrow!!

K1                                                                                 AOS

10/11/2018: I-129F mailed                                     11/5/19: Package mailed

10/15/2018: I-129F delivered                                 11/7/19: Package delivered

10/19/2018: Text confirmation                              11/14/19: NOA1   

10/18/2018:  NOA1 date on hardcopy                  12/9/19: Biometrics  

10/25/2018:  NOA1 hardcopy in mail                     01/13/20: RFIE received

03/22/19:  NOA2 date on hardcopy                        01/17/20: RFIE response received by USCIS

05/30/19:  Received Packet                                     01/31/20: Case Is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

07/16/19:  Interview (approved)

07/18/19:  Visa in hand  :joy:

08/26/19:  Arrives in US  :luv:

09/26/19: Married 🤵🏾👰🏾

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

+1 in November group. Packages sent last week and received on 30/10.  Now waiting for NOA1 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It has begun. Filed 3 packets on Sunday 11-3-2019. It is in Chicago now. Hopefully it will be smooth.

Filed for San 6 weeks ago and was told manual verification and have not heard anything back. Do waiting game again

16 minutes ago, DonnieOlena said:

It has begun. Filed 3 packets on Sunday 11-3-2019. It is in Chicago now. Hopefully it will be smooth.

Filed for San 6 weeks ago and was told manual verification and have not heard anything back. Do waiting game again

Did you apply in the maiden name?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

32 minutes ago, DonnieOlena said:

SSN yes because we filed before married. AOS in married name

Yes very good!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am working on the AOS package from a K1. I am working on send it by the end of the week!

Would you have any suggestion for the best format to submit the AOS (binder, envelop..) knowing that  I-485, I-765 and I-131 are processed separately?

Thank you,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Good luck to everyone who filed this month🍀👏 wishing you a fast process!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, my suggestion is to attach to each packet the required documents, make sure you do a cover sheet for every form(packet) stating every document you have  attached. put them organized in an envelope and mail them all together don`t forget to include the payment.... i sent my packet next day delivery... 

each form is process separately, but mail them all together in the same envelope... 

this is what i did.... i made a general cover sheet, stating what i am including form I-485, I864, I765 and I-131 with their required documents.

then for each form I stapled the documents and put a cover sheet explaining what I have attached.

I put all 4 forms in different manila envelopes or folders and put them all together in the USPS next day delivery envelope. I paid about 28 dollars next day delivery. 

Edited by Indira/Charlys

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

18 minutes ago, Candide08 said:

Hi everyone,

I am working on the AOS package from a K1. I am working on send it by the end of the week!

Would you have any suggestion for the best format to submit the AOS (binder, envelop..) knowing that  I-485, I-765 and I-131 are processed separately?

Thank you,

Another variation use binder clips to clip each application and supporting documents together. Cover  letter with each application and one main cover letter for the I-485 listing  everything. Some folks only  send one marriage  certificate for the I-485 as that's  what is called for, but some folks have also received  a RFE for marriage  certificates. I sent a marriage certificate  for each application to be safe.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

Hello, my suggestion is to attach to each packet the required documents, make sure you do a cover sheet for every form(packet) stating every document you have  attached. put them organized in an envelope and mail them all together don`t forget to include the payment.... i sent my packet next day delivery... 

each form is process separately, but mail them all together in the same envelope... 

this is what i did.... i made a general cover sheet, stating what i am including form I-485, I864, I765 and I-131 with their required documents.

then for each form I stapled the documents and put a cover sheet explaining what I have attached.

I put all 4 forms in different manila envelopes or folders and put them all together in the USPS next day delivery envelope. I paid about 28 dollars next day delivery. 

I am following this months  AOS as we are just now starting the packet and married this Friday. 
Good luck to all of the AOS Filers and I will be lurking to see how the process goes for all of you K1s during this time. 
Best of Luck 🍀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.