majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Great news we received notification early this morning that our case was received and accepted. We originally submitted in OCT prior to the 15th but our file was rejected due to submission of one electronic fee form for the total amount. When we received our package it appeared to have been fully scanned and separated.I resubmitted with the notice that was inside and two separate checks. I didn't attempt to reorganize anything and hope this goes by rather quickly. Silly mistake our lawyer encouraged but in any case we are on our way. I am not very good at this timeline thing but here is my attempt. 

Package sent Nov 7,2019 

NOA 1 - priority date of Nov 8,2019

Checks cashed Nov 18th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! I was just reviewing your thread and doing some research about the form I-693.

We filed for AOS in June and we had an interview scheduled for Oct 24th, but we were told we would have to be rescheduled, because we made an error of not bringing her minor child to the interview. 

Now, as we wait for the rescheduled interview date, we received a notice that we will need to submit or bring to the interview a signed I-693 form, completed by an approved civil surgeon.  I never knew this was required as we did submit the DS-3025 and filed within one year of their medical exams. Just an FYI 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 11/1/2019 at 2:26 PM, majamorena said:

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process

--- Filed today. Best of luck to all! ----

After marriage it will be a problem if I'm changing the name ? I mean I want to take his last name .

And on my passport will be the name before marriage. 

Plus all the papers will have the name before marriage or after it?

58 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

Hi! I was just reviewing your thread and doing some research about the form I-693.

We filed for AOS in June and we had an interview scheduled for Oct 24th, but we were told we would have to be rescheduled, because we made an error of not bringing her minor child to the interview. 

Now, as we wait for the rescheduled interview date, we received a notice that we will need to submit or bring to the interview a signed I-693 form, completed by an approved civil surgeon.  I never knew this was required as we did submit the DS-3025 and filed within one year of their medical exams. Just an FYI 

Did you take ALL the required vaccines? Was your ds3025 marked complete?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Did you take ALL the required vaccines? Was your ds3025 marked complete?

Yes, it is notated, K1 visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements

21 minutes ago, Raluca&Will said:

After marriage it will be a problem if I'm changing the name ? I mean I want to take his last name .

And on my passport will be the name before marriage. 

Plus all the papers will have the name before marriage or after it?

Your AOS paperwork  will have the last name you filed under, if you used  his last  name when you filed that's the name your paperwork will be in including GC

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just now, E & J 2018 said:

Yes, it is notated, K1 visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements

Hummm that's  strange and you are sure you filed within the year time frame?

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Your AOS paperwork  will have the last name you filed under, if you used  his last  name when you filed that's the name your paperwork will be in including GC

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
6 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

sometimes they ask that because they lost your DS3025, they asked for it during my interview, so i gave them my last copy of DS3025 with no issues.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

9 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

sometimes they ask that because they lost your DS3025, they asked for it during my interview, so i gave them my last copy of DS3025 with no issues.

Good reply and that's  probably what happened.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Hummm that's  strange and you are sure you filed within the year time frame?

Yes, her exams were completed on 02/11/2019 and we filed for AOS on 06/17/2019.

21 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

3 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

Yes, her exams were completed on 02/11/2019 and we filed for AOS on 06/17/2019.

Like what was stated they probably lost your DS3025.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

I called Tier 2 and the officer I spoke with acted like we shouldn't need the I-693, but he would not second guess the officer that sent out the request for the I693's. The IO that I spoke with said if they are asking for an I-693, you better get one. I hate to spend $900 for two I-693's when they are really not required..... I have a K1 & K2, so the fees are x 2.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
19 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Very good and congratulations to you both.

Thank you!!

K1                                                                                 AOS

10/11/2018: I-129F mailed                                     11/5/19: Package mailed

10/15/2018: I-129F delivered                                 11/7/19: Package delivered

10/19/2018: Text confirmation                              11/14/19: NOA1   

10/18/2018:  NOA1 date on hardcopy                  12/9/19: Biometrics  

10/25/2018:  NOA1 hardcopy in mail                     01/13/20: RFIE received

03/22/19:  NOA2 date on hardcopy                        01/17/20: RFIE response received by USCIS

05/30/19:  Received Packet                                     01/31/20: Case Is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

07/16/19:  Interview (approved)

07/18/19:  Visa in hand  :joy:

08/26/19:  Arrives in US  :luv:

09/26/19: Married 🤵🏾👰🏾

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
27 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

I called Tier 2 and the officer I spoke with acted like we shouldn't need the I-693, but he would not second guess the officer that sent out the request for the I693's. The IO that I spoke with said if they are asking for an I-693, you better get one. I hate to spend $900 for two I-693's when they are really not required..... I have a K1 & K2, so the fees are x 2.

Ihonestly still think DS-3025 should suffice. but it's your future and I would suggest you get it redone just to be on the safe side.

we literally walked into our interview after sitting down, the first thing she said is "sorry for the wait, i was looking for your medical, did you submit it?' i told her yes I submitted it but gave her my last copy of DS-3025 without any issues. it seemed like she hasn't looked at my file until few minutes before the interview, my lost DS-3025 wasn't in there, unless your's wasn't completed and signed by a doctor, that's the onyl reason why they would ask you to redo it.  I think if my interview was rescheduled like yours, i would have gotten the same RFE because she barely knew what was in my file few minutes prior to the interview.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.