majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

I have received the NOA1 on I-485, I-765 and I-131. Just not received te biometrics appointment letter as of yet. 

You should get that  at 30 days or less from your NOA

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 hours ago, ank$nik said:

anyone got NOAs messages today?

Update Plot twist I just receive the text messages 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 11/25/2019 at 12:54 PM, Del A. said:

Hello everyone! I am currently filling out my I-485 and I just needed clarification on a few items, if anyone can help:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 2

Part 1., 13.a. - U.S. Mailing Address - In Care Of Name (if any)
> I live with my husband, should I put his name here?
Part 1., 19. - Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any)
> Is this the red number on my K1 Visa in the following format: P1234567 ?
Part 1., 22.a. - Was inspected at a port of entry and admitted as...
> I wrote "FIANCE(E) OF A US CITIZEN (K1)". Is this okay, or should I write "K-1 NONIMMIGRANT" ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 3

Part 1., 25.a.-25.c. - 
Provide your name exactly as it appears on your Form I-94 (if any)
> I obtained my I-94 from the website and it only shows my first and last name. Does this mean I leave the Middle Name item blank? Or N/A?
Part 2., 2. - Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?
> Yes or No?
Page 4

Part 2., 3.-4.

> Is the Receipt Number the one formatted as such: WAC1990123456?
> My NOA2 shows the Priority Date as blank. Should I put N/A?
Page 8

Part 6., 1. - 
"The term 'children' includes all biological or legally adopted children, as well as current stepchildren..."
> My husband has a daughter from his previous marriage, but I have not legally adopted her and she's not his dependent. Is she included in the "stepchildren" clause?

Page 13

Part 8., 63.b. - 
If your answer to Item Number 63.a. is "Yes," do you believe you had reasonable cause?
> I answered "No" on 63.a. so this item should be N/A to me, but there are only Yes and No boxes. Should I check "No" anyway, write N/A, or leave it blank?

Sorry for the many questions. Any help is appreciated. 😊

I've sent you a PM with all the answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Fingerprints are taken for AOS. Are you saying you have not had your bio-metrics appointment yet and your status has changed to............ Ahhhhh I know what you saw you saw where it said fingerprint FEE was accepted NOT fingerprints taken correct? Yes she will have to give finger prints everyone does. Read your status again don't read into things it'll cost you a bunch of heartache later. Fill out your time line as I could not gather from looking at it what you meant because you have no time line.

What does ""Case Was Updated To Show All Fingerprints Were Taken And Case Is In Process"" mean?

We applied for AoS from K-1 visa by filing i-485, i-765, i-131 on Nov. 13 but she hasn't had any fingerprints done since the port of entry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Received e-notification this morning that our I-485 and I-765 were accepted and the check was desposited. I assume this at least means they looked over the paperwork to verify presence of the required forms and signatures? Or does this simply mean they processed the G-1145s for both applications and nothing else? Seems like some people who had big mistakes on their submissions had the packet returned right away without having the check processed.

1 hour ago, panamerican said:

Received e-notification this morning that our I-485 and I-765 were accepted and the check was desposited. I assume this at least means they looked over the paperwork to verify presence of the required forms and signatures? Or does this simply mean they processed the G-1145s for both applications and nothing else? Seems like some people who had big mistakes on their submissions had the packet returned right away without having the check processed.

It means they done both but just a quick go over to get it in the system. They still have to do a much more thorough going over.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

It means they done both but just a quick go over to get it in the system. They still have to do a much more thorough going over.

Exactly what I meant. I just feel a little better knowing I didn't make any obvious mistakes. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, jaysaldi said:

What does ""Case Was Updated To Show All Fingerprints Were Taken And Case Is In Process"" mean?

We applied for AoS from K-1 visa by filing i-485, i-765, i-131 on Nov. 13 but she hasn't had any fingerprints done since the port of entry.

Seems like USCIS sent that message in error, then? I haven't seen anyone here skipping the biometrics appointment. And we all had our fingerprints taken at the POE. Hmmm.

Have you gotten the NOA1 letters in the mail yet?

My K1 Visa Timeline:                                                                 My AOS Timeline:

NOA1 - June 15, 2018                                                                NOA - Nov. 8, 2019

My K1 visa interview - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!! :D       EAD & AP approved - Feb. 6, 2020

Visa on hand - April 8, 2019                                                      EAD/AP combo card & SSN card in married name received - Feb. 13, 2020

US entry - July 31, 2019                                                             Green card interview scheduled - August 11, 2020

Our wedding day - Oct. 14, 2019 ❤️                                        Green card interview - September 10, 2020 = APPROVED! :D

Green card received - September 16, 2020

My ROC Timeline

NOA - July 14, 2022

Fingerprints Were Taken NOA - August 2, 2022

On 11/5/2019 at 3:07 PM, DonnieOlena said:

It has begun. Filed 3 packets on Sunday 11-3-2019. It is in Chicago now. Hopefully it will be smooth.

Filed for San 6 weeks ago and was told manual verification and have not heard anything back. Do waiting game again

Did you get the SSN yet? My wife's took about 5 weeks, but it came.

33 minutes ago, _Layne said:

Just found this thread. 😅 Filed mine 11/1 and Bio Appt next week. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all 🍁🍁

Very good congratulations

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Did you get the SSN yet? My wife's took about 5 weeks, but it came.

Very good congratulations

No Sarge I didn't. I called and I believe they screwed up. But it's to late now. Haven't even got the NOA1 yet. I have lost a lot of hope for the agencies lately

2 hours ago, DonnieOlena said:

No Sarge I didn't. I called and I believe they screwed up. But it's to late now. Haven't even got the NOA1 yet. I have lost a lot of hope for the agencies lately

What did they do or didn't do?

Citizenship Complete!

Mailed in my application on 11/18 and was received by 11/19. Received texts on 11/27 and check is currently being processed. 

praying everything goes quickly and smoothly! 🙏🏼 good luck to everyone! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, AJ_Monreal said:

Mailed in my application on 11/18 and was received by 11/19. Received texts on 11/27 and check is currently being processed. 

praying everything goes quickly and smoothly! 🙏🏼 good luck to everyone! 

Awesome! Congrats!❤️ Ours was received on the same day so I hope we hear something soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.