majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Del A. said:

I did not know there was such a resource, thank you for the link! Are there others for the I-864, I-765 and I-131 as well? I have questions there, too. 😅

I gave you the link to the particular form. Here is the link to the example forms section:

https://www.visajourney.com/forms/examples/. Check it out. You really need to spend some time and get acquainted with the site, there is a lot of free information here. All you have to do is look for it. :yes:

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya
correction

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

I gave you the link to the particular form. Here is the link to the example forms section:

https://www.visajourney.com/forms/examples/. Check it out. You really need to spend some time and get acquainted with the site, there is a lot of free information here. All you have to do is look for it. :yes:

Good luck on your immigration journey.

I will create a topic for my inquiries to get the answers I need. Although the sample forms are quite outdated, they are still helpful. Thanks for your assistance. 😊

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Del A. said:

I did not know there was such a resource, thank you for the link! Are there others for the I-864, I-765 and I-131 as well? I have questions there, too. 😅

Here are some other links that you may find useful. If you haven't seen it already, pay particular attention to the ALERT posted in the USCIS I-485 link, and all of the various sections on that link.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/adjustment-of-status-k1-k3-visas/

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Del A. said:

I will create a topic for my inquiries to get the answers I need. Although the sample forms are quite outdated, they are still helpful. Thanks for your assistance. 😊

Yes, unfortunately, some are outdated, USCIS is always posting updates to the forms. For example, look at the previously mentioned I-485 alert I mentioned, that alert is relatively recent.  You really shouldn't need to ask about every question, have some faith in your own abilities. This is primarily a DIY (Do-it-yourself) site, where you do the research. :yes: Read the questions literally and answer them from that perspective. Most of them are intended to be open-ended inquiry-type questions, designed for you to insert the required information. They are not intended to be tricky, but sometimes USCIS-speak and English are mutually exclusive entities. 

You are certainly not the first to successfully go through these processes, and most likely you will not likely be the last. B-)

Edited by Pitaya

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
53 minutes ago, ank$nik said:

after week stilll waiting for NOAs

Been waiting from November 1st so you are still good and within the time frame 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sent ours in 11/15. Arrived at Chicago lockbox on 11/18. The check hasn’t been cashed and we haven’t received a text. It’s uncomfortable having $1225 “hanging over” us not knowing when it’s going to be taken out, especially when we are living on one income. We have that money, but still. I gather that NOA1’s are taking longer than average now and I’m hoping that it doesn’t reflect the rest of the process for us November filers. Also I wonder which part of the process is affected by your field office? Ours is Montgomery, AL. Is it just how quickly you get your biometrics?

Sorry for the long post, lots of frustration lol

1 hour ago, sandraannie said:

Sent ours in 11/15. Arrived at Chicago lockbox on 11/18. The check hasn’t been cashed and we haven’t received a text. It’s uncomfortable having $1225 “hanging over” us not knowing when it’s going to be taken out, especially when we are living on one income. We have that money, but still. I gather that NOA1’s are taking longer than average now and I’m hoping that it doesn’t reflect the rest of the process for us November filers. Also I wonder which part of the process is affected by your field office? Ours is Montgomery, AL. Is it just how quickly you get your biometrics?

My field office in Manchester, NH. I still not have received my biometrics appointment letter. I filed 28 calendar days ago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

We filed for AoS on 11/13, received on 11/14.

Yesterday I got a text about the I-765 saying "Case Was Updated To Show All Fingerprints Were Taken And Case Is In Process"

Does that mean she won't have to have fingerprints/biometrics done, they use the photo and fingerprints from when she arrived at the point of entry?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jmn1012 said:

My field office in Manchester, NH. I still not have received my biometrics appointment letter. I filed 28 calendar days ago

Have you received your NOA1? VJ is showing 29 days average between NOA1 and biometrics, so then you’d still be within normal range😊

2 hours ago, sandraannie said:

Nothing to worry about it was just last week, you should know by now that USCIS does nothing in a rush also it's the holidays so you'll have to allow for that too. I understand about the money just sitting there when you could use it, but look at it this way: At least you have it to use for your application. Don't get bummed so soon in the process, it'll all be fine trust me...relax eat some Turkey enjoy.......

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, jaysaldi said:

We filed for AoS on 11/13, received on 11/14.

Yesterday I got a text about the I-765 saying "Case Was Updated To Show All Fingerprints Were Taken And Case Is In Process"

Does that mean she won't have to have fingerprints/biometrics done, they use the photo and fingerprints from when she arrived at the point of entry?

Fingerprints are taken for AOS. Are you saying you have not had your bio-metrics appointment yet and your status has changed to............ Ahhhhh I know what you saw you saw where it said fingerprint FEE was accepted NOT fingerprints taken correct? Yes she will have to give finger prints everyone does. Read your status again don't read into things it'll cost you a bunch of heartache later. Fill out your time line as I could not gather from looking at it what you meant because you have no time line.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.