TGregorio

The visa process for 2 y.o. child of a 20 y.o. K-2 child who is a child of a K-1 (mother)

31 posts in this topic

The main reason that I started this thread was to find if anyone had gone through a similar process. If I thought that I knew everything, I would not be here.

Everyone has opinion!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TGregorio said:

The main reason that I started this thread was to find if anyone had gone through a similar process. If I thought that I knew everything, I would not be here.

Everyone has opinion!

Plenty of people have gone through a similar process.  Three generations can not immigrate on one petition; ever.  This is a common problem for lots of people.  

We gave you the two options that are available to the 20 years old and how to play them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Presumably there is a father involved who may have a say.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think you are misunderstanding. There is currently no option for her to immigrate on the F2 visa with the child joining her for at least the next 2 years. If she does the F2B option at least she will stay together with her child the entire process.

A lot of times you don't hear the answer that you want but that doesn't change the facts. If she thinks its more important to immigrate to the US than be with her child then you already know what to do.

27 minutes ago, TGregorio said:

Everyone has opinion!

I have never seen a k-2 twice removed and screwed up by Rapid Visa on this forum before. You are unique...)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Laugh all you want. You're the one with the problem.  We're trying to help, but it seems that you already know everything.

Enjoy life.  

Ditto

Unfortunately, you were given incredibly bad advice previously...certainly not a first for RV to do so, but nothing can be done about that now. Best thing with something so important would have been to follow up/verify the advice.

The available options have been presented. Now you know what can be done. The choice is yours (well, hers really).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

7 hours ago, TGregorio said:

Everyone has opinion!

I just wanted to point out that had you done the research and asked this question before you started the K-1 a year ago or whatever, people would have told you to do CR1 instead. It would have been a much much better option, because by the time you got to this point, both the K-1 and K-2 would have been able to enter on immigrant visas and the daughter would be able to drop an F2 petition for the granddaughter and the granddaughter would be able to come in about 12-15 months maximum!

31 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

I just wanted to point out that had you done the research and asked this question before you started the K-1 a year ago or whatever, people would have told you to do CR1 instead. It months maximum!

Even if the marriage for the CR-1 occurred right after the stepdaughter turned 18 I'd still recommend the CR-1. In that scenario, after the CR-1 entered the US she would file an I-130 to start the F2A process; F2A allows derivatives (9 FAM 502.2-3(C)).

12 hours ago, TGregorio said:

It appears Rapidvisa's counsel was inaccurate.

Unfortunately, they were.  One of the many stories here on VJ of Rapidvisa giving out incorrect information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.