Mustafa91

Missing my visa interview appointment

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone 

We have received an email from the u.s Embassy in ankara, Turkey for Re-interview after my wife has been in AP for one year .

Unfortunately And  after a long waiting for that day the medical exam was incomplete 😔 and we missed the appointment date , we put a request to reschedule the an immigrant visa interview 

My question  is how long I have to wait to get the respond back  from the Consular section ? Has anyone been through this situation 

Thanks all

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mustafa91 said:

Hello everyone 

We have received an email from the u.s Embassy in ankara, Turkey for Re-interview after my wife has been in AP for one year .

Unfortunately And  after a long waiting for that day the medical exam was incomplete 😔 and we missed the appointment date , we put a request to reschedule the an immigrant visa interview 

My question  is how long I have to wait to get the respond back  from the Consular section ? Has anyone been through this situation 

Thanks all

Are you saying you didn't show up for the interview because you hadn't completed your medical? Did you reach out before or after the appointment to reschedule?

Timeline

Yes I meant that my wife didn't show up 

And we didn't go to the interview because we know that any  failure to provide requested documents or information may lead to a consular officer rescheduling my interview or otherwise delay processing your case so i chose not to go to the interview and I hope I made the right decision

Edited by Mustafa91

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mustafa91 said:

And we didn't go to the interview because we know that any  failure to provide requested documents or information may lead to a consular officer rescheduling my interview or otherwise delay processing your case so i chose not to go to the interview and I hope I made the right decision

You absolutely made the wrong decision. Who told you that just not showing up was the right procedure. Especially as this was a re-interview! You ALWAYS show up for your interview no matter if you have missing documents. At the very least you must reach out prior to the interview date to reschedule and inform them. You will be lucky if the embassy decides to schedule another appointment for you

Edited by designguy

Timeline
56 minutes ago, designguy said:

You absolutely made the wrong decision. Who told you that just not showing up was the right procedure. Especially as this was a re-interview! You ALWAYS show up for your interview no matter if you have missing documents. At the very least you must reach out prior to the interview date to reschedule and inform them. You will be lucky if the embassy decides to schedule another appointment for you

Actually I did the right decision because we know someone did the same way  , medical exam is most important document and without it will led the consular officer to reschedule the interview and I have to do that by this website ais.usvisa-info.com 

We already know how it works and we will get the new immigrant Visa appointment soon if there is no pressure on the Embassy 

6 hours ago, Mustafa91 said:

Actually I did the right decision because we know someone did the same way  , medical exam is most important document and without it will led the consular officer to reschedule the interview and I have to do that by this website ais.usvisa-info.com 

We already know how it works and we will get the new immigrant Visa appointment soon if there is no pressure on the Embassy 

If you're convinced it was the right decision to simply no-show to a scheduled interview, what sort of help are you looking for here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your question posed to the community is “how long of a wait.. and if anyone has been through it?” I would suggest asking the other person you know who didn’t show up for an interview about what happened next.

I don’t see, logically, how skipping an interview is the right decision.  I do know that other Embassy’s will continue with the interview, and reserve a decision until the medical arrives, but I am far from an expert in all Embassy procedures.

You say yourself, that it leads to be rescheduling, so perhaps if you HAD gone, you would already have a rescheduled date.

ryan reynolds wtf GIF

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mustafa91 said:

Just like everyone stated here... She should have gone to the interview without the medical report.. Folks that have delay getting their medical report still attend the interview and submit the medical on a later date... You case even holds water because from what I understand the interview was impromptu... So she did have an excuse... All she need to say is that a new medical has been done but the results are not out yet... They will proceed with interview and at the end they may ask ask her to submit them later... Well all hope is not lost, work with the embassy call them and know exactly what to do. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mustafa91 said:

It was not the right decision. My husband's (then fiance)  interview was scheduled so suddenly that the only day he could do the medical was the day before the interview. He obviously couldn't have the completed document with him. He went to the interview anyway and they told him his visa would be approved when it arrived. About two weeks later, his visa arrived and he was on his way to me!

Edited by Joyoussinger

20 hours ago, Mustafa91 said:

I am sorry but I agree with everyone else here. The interview is one of, if not the, most important part of this process. You should have gone, the officer would have then place the case in AP until the medical was done and received. By not showing up you have basically put your case in jeopardy of complete denial from abandonment.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Would've been better off attending the interview, and being honest about the incomplete medical papers, and maybe they could've let you go with a "pending". 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.