MzJamrock2019

Denied due to Public Charge Ineligibility

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, salhasl said:

This is a very opportune time to be an immigration lawyer. There are lawyers who have made upwards of a million dollars in less than a year filing lawsuits since 2017

Clarence Darrow wouldn’t win this case

6 hours ago, MzJamrock2019 said:

hello thank you for response. My family members hav helped me out. yes I thin its a combination of both

Maybe focus on getting your education and skills first, and then try for a visa?

5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Maybe focus on getting your education and skills first, and then try for a visa?

Totally agree ☝️ 

At 32, is there any reason why you’ve never had a job or gone uni?

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, Duke & Marie said:

Totally agree ☝️ 

At 32, is there any reason why you’ve never had a job or gone uni?

Maybe she was a home maker taking care of her home and family.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
10 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

The determination of public charge for an immigrant visa is made at the embassy.  The determination of public charge for an AOS application is made at the AOS filing stage.  It’s October.  The rules are in place.  They are not new rules.  They have started enforcing the law.

They are new rules that went in effect in January 2018. The law has always been enforced maybe not to your liking but it has been enforced.

10 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

If he can get two psycho kids off death row with a 12 hour closing address, then I'm sure he could win this case LOL

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

13 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Doesn't matter if they win. They still get paid....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
14 hours ago, Hypnos said:

Right, but 76% of all statistics are made up on the spot. 

83% of all people know that.

....god I just couldn't help myself. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
8 minutes ago, DylanandLaura said:

The OP can pursue a trade school or other technical skill set at an accredited school in Jamaica. Instead of having to wait 4 years (or longer) to get a Bachelors, they could study and gain employment in a trade such as welding, coding or other technical skill that can be studied in a year or two. My point is most university degrees from overseas don't have the accreditation to transfer to a US employer, but I can see a trade or skill transferring, as well as work experience. Instead of being negative on the OP, let's try to be constructive on how they can overcome this public charge denial. I can't imagine going through this process only to be hit with a denial in the final stages... And with the new rules coming out we will see similar cases more frequently. 

I suspect just holding down a job as an admin of some kind for at least six months would demonstrate to the government one's ability to support themselves. 

16 hours ago, MzJamrock2019 said:

Hello All,

I am new here. Heard great things about this site. I am so confused and lost. I recently went for an interview and was denied . I received this letter here is there any evidence or anything I can do to submit for review? I am 32 years of age with 2 children and my Mother petitioned for me . My cousin sponsored us. I believe it has something to do with me never holding a job. I do have plans to go to school if granted admittance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

20191008_164653 (1).jpg

I think if your cousin or mother can get a letter from a potential employer, it might help.

6 hours ago, DylanandLaura said:

The OP can pursue a trade school or other technical skill set at an accredited school in Jamaica. Instead of having to wait 4 years (or longer) to get a Bachelors, they could study and gain employment in a trade such as welding, coding or other technical skill that can be studied in a year or two. My point is most university degrees from overseas don't have the accreditation to transfer to a US employer, but I can see a trade or skill transferring, as well as work experience. Instead of being negative on the OP, let's try to be constructive on how they can overcome this public charge denial. I can't imagine going through this process only to be hit with a denial in the final stages... And with the new rules coming out we will see similar cases more frequently. 

I would argue the reverse of this, I have both and found my Masters was recognised everywhere because they are internationally linked (academically speaking)... my trade however, see’s me having to return to school and get various upgrades because y’all use different equipment, measurements etc..you also use different trade codes which makes lining it up with us trades very tricky

either way however, I think having either a trade or uni degree will hold you in good stead for finding work especially if you have the expertise to back it up. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.