CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Crashdoom said:

(Disclaimer: This isn't legal advice and you should absolutely consult with your immigration attorney if you have one. If not and you potentially get a NOID or denial, get one.)

Call again ASAP and confirm if they did or did not receive it. Not responding to an RFID (or having USCIS not receive it) is really serious as USCIS could make an adverse inference against you.

I believe there was a 60 day extension for responding but that's ONLY for requests issued up to May 1st. So, your due date will probably be Sunday June 21st.

If you sent it tracked, tell that to the agent and confirm that the tracking shows it was delivered and signed for (or collected).

If you have a copy of their original letter and the USCIS customer support agent says they can't see a response on file you should immediately send a new copy with all the evidence via recorded or trackable mail. (I'd recommend something expedited too, e.g. UPS Next Day or Priority Mail Express)

I'd recommend including a letter explaining the delay and include a copy of the tracking receipt from the first time you sent it, if you have one.

Thanks for the response. I did expedite the first one I sent, and I will be calling them on Monday and sending another expedited one as you recommended, if they tell me they did not receive it. I cannot take my mind off it tonight. I am so worried. Fingers crossed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 hours ago, Matrix13 said:

Hello fellow October filers. It's been pretty quiet on our thread lately, so I thought I would share some potentially good news with you. I found this post on the December 2019 K-1 AOS filers thread (it's not my case status). This person is assigned to the Kansas City field office, and their appointment letter gave them an August 3rd interview date. 

So, let's hope that we can all post something similar soon. Good luck everyone!

image.png.0d6ac7481b21b9bcddd48bbe9e538ee9.png

Hello, I’m an October filer and we received this update on Friday as well. Hoping you all receive updates like ours! 🙏🏽 I can give an update when we do receive the letter and what it says. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, lucero_enriquez said:

Hello, I’m an October filer and we received this update on Friday as well. Hoping you all receive updates like ours! 🙏🏽 I can give an update when we do receive the letter and what it says. 

omg! I can't believe they've finally started scheduling appointments! is your local office in Phoenix?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nafis8 said:

omg! I can't believe they've finally started scheduling appointments! is your local office in Phoenix?

Well we live in Tucson AZ so our local office would be here, when I made my profile Tucson wasn’t an option only Phoenix was on there. Are you an October filer? Our case is a little different so idk if maybe that’s why we got an update, my husband is here and has been her since he was 6 and he is under TPS so our process was a bit different, but wishing the best for everybody! 🙏🏽

8 hours ago, lucero_enriquez said:

Thought I should share our update, we received our letter today with our interview date. It is set for the beginning of August. Praying you all start hearing something for your case 🙏🏽

Congratulations!!! That's amazing news! Wish you good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/28/2020 at 5:20 PM, lucero_enriquez said:

Congrats guys, wishing you all the best.

Arizona field office seems to be scheduling fast.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone, early Oct 2109 AOS filer here. 

Everything was going smoothly until COVID hit. 
I received the “interview is ready to be scheduled” notification on January 23rd, and haven’t heard anything since. 

I suspect more ppl are in the same situation. So I just wanted to know if anyone knew what the best step forward was with the massive layoffs incoming. 

Also, anyone with the Seattle office and a similar timeline?

Thank you all, and best of luck. 

Alex

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

More good news...Application Service Centers are planning to re-open soon! Most of them are scheduled to re-open this month. See the list here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

Although the ASCs re-opening does not guarantee any movement with all of our individual cases, it certainly seems to be a step in the right direction.

Good luck to everyone. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 7/1/2020 at 10:12 AM, Alexica said:

Hello everyone, early Oct 2109 AOS filer here. 

Everything was going smoothly until COVID hit. 
I received the “interview is ready to be scheduled” notification on January 23rd, and haven’t heard anything since. 

I suspect more ppl are in the same situation. So I just wanted to know if anyone knew what the best step forward was with the massive layoffs incoming. 

Also, anyone with the Seattle office and a similar timeline?

Thank you all, and best of luck. 

Alex

Pretty sure that even in normal (i.e. non-pandemic) times, this would be totally normal. I've heard of it taking more than a YEAR between the “interview is ready to be scheduled” notification and the interview actually being scheduled. Oh, I should probably mention I'm at the San Francisco field office, which currently has the longest wait times in the country.

Hi guys I am a newbie here. I filed i-485, i130, i-131, i-765 all back in October 2019. I've received my combo card for EAD and Advance Parole. However, my status for i-485 has been 'interview ready to be scheduled' since December 2019, and I haven't heard anything from USCIS now for almost 9 months and for sure more delay because of the pandemic My field office is Sacramento. Anyone having same problem as I am?

and another question is I am helping my friend who's been staying here for no valid visa and her passport will gonna expire soon. My question is how she will gonna renew her Philippine passport here in the United States? or is she allowed to renew it even though she doesn't have any valid papers?

Thank you for the Answers..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Rania Bailey said:
Hi guys I am a newbie here. I filed i-485, i130, i-131, i-765 all back in October 2019. I've received my combo card for EAD and Advance Parole. However, my status for i-485 has been 'interview ready to be scheduled' since December 2019, and I haven't heard anything from USCIS now for almost 9 months and for sure more delay because of the pandemic My field office is Sacramento. Anyone having same problem as I am?

and another question is I am helping my friend who's been staying here for no valid visa and her passport will gonna expire soon. My question is how she will gonna renew her Philippine passport here in the United States? or is she allowed to renew it even though she doesn't have any valid papers?

Thank you for the Answers..

It's not a problem since the processing time for your field office is between 8 and 30 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.