CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

I still sent off the paper forms from the USCIS site simply because that's what I did before, though they did give me an E-Filing case number so I assume there is an E-Filing version now which may be faster

Thanks...

To go over the documents needed:

1. I-765 form

2. I - 94 

3. Copy of EAD

4. Notice of Actions on I-485, I-765

5. 2 passport photographs

Anything left out Please?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 8/11/2020 at 10:13 AM, Crashdoom said:

Yep! They accepted mine without a payment attached. I followed a recommendation to put a cover letter in with the paperwork saying that a payment wasn't included because I have an I-485 still pending, since they're overloaded right now and may reject it without checking otherwise. 

Awesome awesome!! Thank you SO much!!! 
have a wonderful day 🤩

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have never posted on here, but I thought I should let people know that a few days ago I got an interview date in the mail! I wasn't expecting to get one this soon with everything going on, but thankful things are moving forward!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7/23/2020 at 6:54 PM, 1quickZ said:

Hi all, we received our RFE today asking us to submit the I-693 Medical Examination and Vaccination Record form which a USCIS civil surgeon needs to sign and seal, along with submitting evidence that we have a valid marriage. I understand the evidence for marriage part but I don't understand why they now are requiring the Medical form now even though we had an interview scheduled prior to the shutdown.  Does anyone know what is exactly involved with the I693 of if its a big deal? We submitted the DS-3025 she received from Germany so I am not sure why this is needed.

Thanks in advance!

HI all, just to update from our side. We were able to complete the 693 and send in our evidence on Friday  and today we received notification stating "New Card Is Being Produced". we shopped around for the i693 and it ended up costing us 350 here in South Florida. 

On 8/11/2020 at 5:29 PM, Greg988 said:

Got mail showing Interview scheduled for next week. Case never updated on website. Mail was actually sent to the wrong address but USPS was able to get it to me.  🙂

Approved in interview. Waiting for case to be updated. Officer said not to expect card in hand soon because of furloughs and contractor issues. Good luck to everyone

2 hours ago, Greg988 said:

Approved in interview. Waiting for case to be updated. Officer said not to expect card in hand soon because of furloughs and contractor issues. Good luck to everyone

Status updated an hour later. Happy to be done. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

after 4 loooong months... we finally get a notification that our interview has been scheduled!!! our original interview was scheduled for April 8, but due to COVID-19 it got cancelled! we are back on track again!

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Indira/Charlys said:

after 4 loooong months... we finally get a notification that our interview has been scheduled!!! our original interview was scheduled for April 8, but due to COVID-19 it got cancelled! we are back on track again!

Congratulations! We are on a similar timeline now. Our appointment letter took a little extra time to arrive because the USCIS incorrectly sent it to our old address. Fortunately the USPS forwarded it to our new address without too much drama. Expect your letter within a week. Our scheduled appointment is set for 6 weeks after our case tracker notification. We're in Jacksonville, but I assume that 6 weeks thing is pretty standard for all the field offices. 

Now we just have to hope that the upcoming USCIS furloughs don't screw up the second attempt for our interviews. And even if the interviews do go as planned, I have been reading that there is a major delay in the production of the physical green cards. If anyone in this thread knows anything about green card production delays, please chime in.

Sorry if I'm sounding negative. It's been a pretty messed up year for everybody. Good luck on your journey!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Matrix13 said:

Congratulations! We are on a similar timeline now. Our appointment letter took a little extra time to arrive because the USCIS incorrectly sent it to our old address. Fortunately the USPS forwarded it to our new address without too much drama. Expect your letter within a week. Our scheduled appointment is set for 6 weeks after our case tracker notification. We're in Jacksonville, but I assume that 6 weeks thing is pretty standard for all the field offices. 

Now we just have to hope that the upcoming USCIS furloughs don't screw up the second attempt for our interviews. And even if the interviews do go as planned, I have been reading that there is a major delay in the production of the physical green cards. If anyone in this thread knows anything about green card production delays, please chime in.

Sorry if I'm sounding negative. It's been a pretty messed up year for everybody. Good luck on your journey!

The furloughs have been furloughed again so that's at least something good 😊

You're right there is a delay in production since the contract with the big production facility in Kentucky was canceled but it seems like they're doing not too bad anymore. 

10 minutes ago, DISCERNING said:

Oh nice!

Congrats!

That means no need to renew EAD...

Have they given any update on it?

Still waiting for some acknowledgement of the EAD renewal after a week now.

Hopefully they schedule my interview Date.

I got a follow up letter for the EAD saying they would just use my old biometrics and once it's processed I'd hear back. Then today got the notice by email for the I-485.

Hopefully the GC appointment is sooner rather than later!

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.