CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Still no news from the San Antonio office about my case, they've been pretty much radio silent since COVID hit and I got the cancellation for my start of April appointment. Hoping something comes through in the next week or so to at least give me a date to work with. Anyone else have any news from that office they can share?

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

Still no news from the San Antonio office about my case, they've been pretty much radio silent since COVID hit and I got the cancellation for my start of April appointment. Hoping something comes through in the next week or so to at least give me a date to work with. Anyone else have any news from that office they can share?

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

According to the USCIS website (you might need to expand the "Field Offices" tab),  the San Antonio field office has re-opened for non-emergency face-to-face services. Many others have not. Just how "open" they are remains a mystery. Seems like the USCIS is throwing an invitation-only party without sending out any invitations. 🎉🎉

My in laws received their 10 year green cards on March 27th. The other day they received NYC Health and Care insurance cards and public assistance information. We never filled anything out with the exception of their emergency medicaid renewal in April. Does anyone know if their sponsor (their daughter) will be responsible to pay the city/state for any public assistance they receive? They're in their 70's if that matters. I know there are assistance programs like SNAP,  full health insurance, financial help that they could receive but i can't help but think that its too good to be true. Does anyone know? 

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

They should research to make sure they stay away from anything that can be a  Public Charge.

Got an email from USCIS this morning saying there was an update on my case, opened the site to see "Notice Explaining USCIS' Actions was Mailed" and the panic of potentially getting a NOID set in. A few minutes later I got another email and it changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". Seems like something is going on at the San Antonio office at least...

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23- Approved!

On 6/9/2020 at 7:20 PM, DoriOli said:

They should research to make sure they stay away from anything that can be a  Public Charge.

For sure. There is so much conflicting info on the web so I figured I'd ask but I appreciate your reply. Maybe I'll call a random immigration lawyer and ask. Ty!

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

Also I forgot to mention that I received a text this past Wednesday that our I-751 case was APPROVED! Now it's time to start compiling info for n-400 :)

Just got linked this by a friend, but can't find anything else to confirm it: https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/12/administration-puts-hold-on-green-card-requests-from-us/ – This is really ####### if true, especially if they're not even saying anything 😕

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/23/23- Approved!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

Just got linked this by a friend, but can't find anything else to confirm it: https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/12/administration-puts-hold-on-green-card-requests-from-us/ – This is really ####### if true, especially if they're not even saying anything 😕

This is more than devastating 

Hello everyone!

Anyone waiting for interview schedules from the Charlotte, NC offices?  My status still says "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" since December 12, 2019!

Anyone else in this boat from other offices, too?  Would be happy to hear updates! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Steelers11 said:

Hello everyone!

Anyone waiting for interview schedules from the Charlotte, NC offices?  My status still says "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" since December 12, 2019!

Anyone else in this boat from other offices, too?  Would be happy to hear updates! :)

Mine says it’s ready from January 16th! Phoenix office 

So I got a RFIE from USCIS on or around May 22. They were requesting for a copy of my marriage certificate to make a decision on my I-130 which was filed more than a year ago. I haven't received any notice or notification that they have received the RFIE that I sent back, neither have they made a decision on my I-130 or my I-485 which has had the status Ready to Be Schedule for Interview since January of this year. I called them two weeks later after sending the RFIE and the representative said, there is no record of them receiving it. Is it normal for them to receive the response to a RFIE and not acknowledge receipt of it? I am going to call them Monday again. I am so worry that the deadline has passed, and they did not receive it.

13 minutes ago, Stylish said:

So I got a RFIE from USCIS on or around May 22. They were requesting for a copy of my marriage certificate to make a decision on my I-130 which was filed more than a year ago. I haven't received any notice or notification that they have received the RFIE that I sent back, neither have they made a decision on my I-130 or my I-485 which has had the status Ready to Be Schedule for Interview since January of this year. I called them two weeks later after sending the RFIE and the representative said, there is no record of them receiving it. Is it normal for them to receive the response to a RFIE and not acknowledge receipt of it? I am going to call them Monday again. I am so worry that the deadline has passed, and they did not receive it.

(Disclaimer: This isn't legal advice and you should absolutely consult with your immigration attorney if you have one. If not and you potentially get a NOID or denial, get one.)

Call again ASAP and confirm if they did or did not receive it. Not responding to an RFID (or having USCIS not receive it) is really serious as USCIS could make an adverse inference against you.

I believe there was a 60 day extension for responding but that's ONLY for requests issued up to May 1st. So, your due date will probably be Sunday June 21st.

If you sent it tracked, tell that to the agent and confirm that the tracking shows it was delivered and signed for (or collected).

If you have a copy of their original letter and the USCIS customer support agent says they can't see a response on file you should immediately send a new copy with all the evidence via recorded or trackable mail. (I'd recommend something expedited too, e.g. UPS Next Day or Priority Mail Express)

I'd recommend including a letter explaining the delay and include a copy of the tracking receipt from the first time you sent it, if you have one.

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/23/23- Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.