CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Today I got an update to my case. I recently moved so changed my address and it got completed today. I was at the "ready to schedule" for interview phase. Now it is saying interview cancelled. Is this normal after updating the address

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, K.T said:

Today I got an update to my case. I recently moved so changed my address and it got completed today. I was at the "ready to schedule" for interview phase. Now it is saying interview cancelled. Is this normal after updating the address

Yes. My changed back and forth from ready to schedule and interview canceled a couple times after I moved.

Just filed to renew my EAD and AP cards yesterday via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day, since I'm not expecting much news on the GC interview any time soon...

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:11 AM, Crashdoom said:

Just filed to renew my EAD and AP cards yesterday via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day, since I'm not expecting much news on the GC interview any time soon...

Hello!  Isn't there an automatic extension of EAD and AP for pending AOS Applicants?  My EAD expiry is Jan 2021... should I be looking into renewing mine at this point?  TIA for those who will give their input!

22 minutes ago, Steelers11 said:

Hello!  Isn't there an automatic extension of EAD and AP for pending AOS Applicants?  My EAD expiry is Jan 2021... should I be looking into renewing mine at this point?  TIA for those who will give their input!

To my understanding, you can file up to 180 days prior to expiration of your EAD and the automatic extension applies if your EAD expires prior to USCIS issuing you a new one.

Basically, filing prior to expiration and getting an I-797C Notice of Action receipt saying it was received for processing extends your EAD for another 180 days AFTER it expires.

Source: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23- Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am still waiting on my GC interview. Still silent and no further update. Last update was “case is ready to be scheduled for interview”

I have a question, if at first I did not apply for AP, can I apply for AP along with my EAD renewal? My EAD is expired on March 2021. 
with the COVID I do not know how long till they really schedule my interview. And how long the EAD renewal will take. 
thank you 

On 8/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, V-Kris said:

I am still waiting on my GC interview. Still silent and no further update. Last update was “case is ready to be scheduled for interview”

I have a question, if at first I did not apply for AP, can I apply for AP along with my EAD renewal? My EAD is expired on March 2021. 
with the COVID I do not know how long till they really schedule my interview. And how long the EAD renewal will take. 
thank you 

I included both the EAD form for renewal and the AP form, so I'm hoping and presuming they'll just issue a new dual purpose EAD/AP card.

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/23/23- Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Crashdoom said:

I included both the EAD form for renewal and the AP form, so I'm hoping and presuming they'll just issue a new dual purpose EAD/AP card.

Thank you SO much!! 
still free right? Because our I485 is still pending. 

19 minutes ago, V-Kris said:

Thank you SO much!! 
still free right? Because our I485 is still pending. 

Yep! They accepted mine without a payment attached. I followed a recommendation to put a cover letter in with the paperwork saying that a payment wasn't included because I have an I-485 still pending, since they're overloaded right now and may reject it without checking otherwise. 

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/23/23- Approved!

On 7/20/2020 at 4:31 PM, Greg988 said:

Responded to RFIE for bonafides and medical last week, hoping for a waived or scheduled interview soon.

Got mail showing Interview scheduled for next week. Case never updated on website. Mail was actually sent to the wrong address but USPS was able to get it to me.  🙂

19 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

Yep! They accepted mine without a payment attached. I followed a recommendation to put a cover letter in with the paperwork saying that a payment wasn't included because I have an I-485 still pending, since they're overloaded right now and may reject it without checking otherwise. 

Please help me to understand this correctly.

If I have an I-485 pending, I dont need to pay to renew my EAD?

19 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

If I need to pay, how much does it currently cost pls?

1 minute ago, DISCERNING said:

Please help me to understand this correctly.

If I have an I-485 pending, I dont need to pay to renew my EAD?

If I need to pay, how much does it currently cost pls?

Yes, that's right. If you have an I-485 pending and you paid the fee for that, you don't need to pay to renew your EAD for the (c)(9) eligibility category. (See https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator and my screenshot)

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 7.59.50 AM.png

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/23/23- Approved!

1 hour ago, Crashdoom said:

Yes, that's right. If you have an I-485 pending and you paid the fee for that, you don't need to pay to renew your EAD for the (c)(9) eligibility category. (See https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator and my screenshot)

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 7.59.50 AM.png

Thanks so much....

Please Did you do E- filing? Is it prudent to use the new forms or stick to the old one? What were the additional documents you added?

I am filing mine tomorrow.....

6 minutes ago, DISCERNING said:

Thanks so much....

Please Did you do E- filing? Is it prudent to use the new forms or stick to the old one? What were the additional documents you added?

I am filing mine tomorrow.....

I still sent off the paper forms from the USCIS site simply because that's what I did before, though they did give me an E-Filing case number so I assume there is an E-Filing version now which may be faster

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

08/23/23- Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.