CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ackster said:

We just received the approval for my wife's AP, so it only took an additional day after the EAD approval!

Congratulations Buddy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, lucero_enriquez said:

Hello just wanted to put my timeline and it can maybe help someone out of when maybe they will receive an update. Our situation might be just a slight different since my husband is already here in the us but under temporary protected status, country of Honduras. He has been here since he was 6 he is now 28, and we live in Arizona which is the Ninth Circuit, when you have temporary protected status there is no path to adjustment of status, but there are exceptions with some circuit courts when you are married to a us citizen. We applied back in October and we sent in I-765 and I-485, here is our timeline. 

packet sent 09/27/19

They Received packet 10/02/19

Fingerprint Appointment 10/29/19

Received a Request of Initial Evidence 11/18/19 took us a while to respond since we had to have a family member in Honduras go to the consulate there and mail us what we needed and get it translated 

They received our RIE on 02/03/2020

Received approval update for I-765 on 04/16/2020 same day update of card being produced 

04/23/2020 today we received his EAD 

so now we will just be waiting for I-485 AOS, our lawyer says with an approval for the I-765 EAD is a very good sign new because he says it’s pretty much approval of the case they just need an interview and then assign him a green card, with all this pandemic going on though I just pray they open soon and we can all get our interviews. I was reading that cases that already had an interview are getting waived and they are receiving their gc, hopefully they start doing that for the cases that were up next that still didn’t have an appointment. 

Congratulations on getting your EAD.

You're right, a small number of AOS applicants have been given their Green Cards this month without an interview. There is still no sign that waived interviews are the "new way" of doing things during this epidemic. It looks like interviews will start up again on June 4 according to the USCIS alert below. If and when they do, the backlog is going to be massive. 

On a positive note, we can all be thankful that the President's Executive Order pausing green cards for 60 days does not apply to spouses of US citizens.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-offices-preparing-reopen-june-4

Edited by Matrix13
added USCIS link

I am actually a late November filer but thought I would give an update... Orlando field office. 

sent our AOS package Nov. 21

Noa1 Dec 2nd

fingerprints: December 27
EAD March 4

EAD Card Received March 11

Green Card Interview March 17 (last day of in person interviews before lockdown) 

RFE (they list my medical exam results) March 17

RFE received March 27

Green Card Being Produced notice Online April 23

Green Card Approved Notice Online April 24

supper fast, but so grateful, our K1 took 14 months! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 hours ago, Matrix13 said:

Congratulations on getting your EAD.

You're right, a small number of AOS applicants have been given their Green Cards this month without an interview. There is still no sign that waived interviews are the "new way" of doing things during this epidemic. It looks like interviews will start up again on June 4 according to the USCIS alert below. If and when they do, the backlog is going to be massive. 

On a positive note, we can all be thankful that the President's Executive Order pausing green cards for 60 days does not apply to spouses of US citizens.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-offices-preparing-reopen-june-4

Yes I just read that email about them reopening until June 4th or after, and also saw that some cases have been transfered to different service centers. Thank you we feel very blessed with the approval of the EAD and we are just staying positive. Just praying everyone can receive their green cards and finally have peace and not have to worry about the future. I hope they can just figure out a system to where they won’t fall behind. And I hope that the cases they see that they have enough proof that they won’t even need an interview. It’s been a long road for us and even though we can start freaking out and start stressing out, I told my husband we can’t, our situation can be way worse but thank God we are healthy, our 3 children are healthy and we trust that very soon he will have his green card in his hand! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 6:33 AM, MikeMeche said:

Any october 2019 filer's gotten an Interview date yet.

I've had case lagging in Ready to be Scheduled for Interview & on Queue since 3rd February 2020...

I’m in the same boat as you. Ready to be scheduled for interview since February 20th... the closures of the local offices don’t make me confident for an interview anytime soon. Did you receive your EAD/AP combo card? I only received mine 2 weeks ago lol. 

1 hour ago, ra0010 said:

Hi everyone! Wow! It's been a couple of months since I posted here. I adjusted from F1 to AOS

We were scheduled for the interview on 3/18 and of course it got cancelled. A couple of days later we got a letter from our field office (no online update) asking us to mail them evidence of bona fide marriage. They didn't say it, but we understood it as "we're gonna waive the interview if we like what we see". So we sent them our evidence and after 15 days my status changed to "new card being produced" and then "case was approved". Sooooo happy!!!! Good luck y'all!

Out of interest, what did you send? What's the/your background on all of this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
28 minutes ago, wilcouk said:

Out of interest, what did you send? What's the/your background on all of this?

. For our application we sent the marriage certificate, our lease with both our names on it and statements of our joint bank accounts. 
For the evidence that they requested after the interview was cancelled, we organized our folder in three exhibits. We also included a photo album with 54 pictures of our everyday life and our wedding album. 
Exhibit one was proof of relationship, and we included:
- the marriage certificate
-  guest cards from our wedding.
- three affidavits of support signed under penalty of perjury (two from friends and one from my mom)
- car insurance and health insurance with both our names on it.
- Amazon prime account
- Vet bill
-emails between me and his mom over the years

Exhibit two: proof of financial comingling
- Joint tax return
- 6 months of statement of our joint bank account
- Me as an authorized user of his account.

Exhibit three: proof of cohabitation
- Rental lease with both our names on it.
- Our landlord pays our utility bills, so we had him write a letter (again under penalty of perjury) saying that he's our landlord and he pays water, internet, electricity, etc)
- Random mail to both of us coming to our address.
- DL showing same address.
This is the evidence that we had prepared for our interview. Since the interview was cancelled, we sent all of that with a cover letter, and the letter they sent us.

What do you mean with background? I came to the US on an F1 if that's what you're asking

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 hour ago, ra0010 said:

. For our application we sent the marriage certificate, our lease with both our names on it and statements of our joint bank accounts. 
For the evidence that they requested after the interview was cancelled, we organized our folder in three exhibits. We also included a photo album with 54 pictures of our everyday life and our wedding album. 
Exhibit one was proof of relationship, and we included:
- the marriage certificate
-  guest cards from our wedding.
- three affidavits of support signed under penalty of perjury (two from friends and one from my mom)
- car insurance and health insurance with both our names on it.
- Amazon prime account
- Vet bill
-emails between me and his mom over the years

Exhibit two: proof of financial comingling
- Joint tax return
- 6 months of statement of our joint bank account
- Me as an authorized user of his account.

Exhibit three: proof of cohabitation
- Rental lease with both our names on it.
- Our landlord pays our utility bills, so we had him write a letter (again under penalty of perjury) saying that he's our landlord and he pays water, internet, electricity, etc)
- Random mail to both of us coming to our address.
- DL showing same address.
This is the evidence that we had prepared for our interview. Since the interview was cancelled, we sent all of that with a cover letter, and the letter they sent us.

What do you mean with background? I came to the US on an F1 if that's what you're asking

Congrats! 
I had my interview on March 17th.... got my green card in my hands yesterday woo hoo! Originally filed Nov 21 Noa was Dec 2nd 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
34 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Congrats! 
I had my interview on March 17th.... got my green card in my hands yesterday woo hoo! Originally filed Nov 21 Noa was Dec 2nd 

Congrats!!! Quick question: what updates did you get online after "card being pproduced"? Mine was like that yesterday for less than an hour, then it changed to "case was approved". What are the next updates and when will I get my gc?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, ra0010 said:

Hi everyone! Wow! It's been a couple of months since I posted here. I adjusted from F1 to AOS

We were scheduled for the interview on 3/18 and of course it got cancelled. A couple of days later we got a letter from our field office (no online update) asking us to mail them evidence of bona fide marriage. They didn't say it, but we understood it as "we're gonna waive the interview if we like what we see". So we sent them our evidence and after 15 days my status changed to "new card being produced" and then "case was approved". Sooooo happy!!!! Good luck y'all!

That is awesome! Congrats 🎉 

8 hours ago, ra0010 said:

Congrats!!! Quick question: what updates did you get online after "card being pproduced"? Mine was like that yesterday for less than an hour, then it changed to "case was approved". What are the next updates and when will I get my gc?

Mine did the same... Thursday card being produced, Friday case approved, Monday card mailed, Tuesday msg with a tracking number which said i would have it Saturday... Wednesday card arrived (delivered to my door) 

Timeline
On 4/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, Damonlee said:

I’m in the same boat as you. Ready to be scheduled for interview since February 20th... the closures of the local offices don’t make me confident for an interview anytime soon. Did you receive your EAD/AP combo card? I only received mine 2 weeks ago lol. 

Yeah i did received my EAD/AP card 8 weeks ago.

Timeline
14 hours ago, ra0010 said:

whaooo....!!!

That's awesome. COngrats guys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.