CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2020 at 3:42 AM, Matrix13 said:

Congratulations! We are on a similar timeline now. Our appointment letter took a little extra time to arrive because the USCIS incorrectly sent it to our old address. Fortunately the USPS forwarded it to our new address without too much drama. Expect your letter within a week. Our scheduled appointment is set for 6 weeks after our case tracker notification. We're in Jacksonville, but I assume that 6 weeks thing is pretty standard for all the field offices. 

Now we just have to hope that the upcoming USCIS furloughs don't screw up the second attempt for our interviews. And even if the interviews do go as planned, I have been reading that there is a major delay in the production of the physical green cards. If anyone in this thread knows anything about green card production delays, please chime in.

Sorry if I'm sounding negative. It's been a pretty messed up year for everybody. Good luck on your journey!

Correct regarding card delays. Not expecting mine anytime sooon. Officer mentioned this could take 3 month to produce but I could call if an emergency popped up. If you plan to travel you can ask for the passport stamp but I didn’t try because seemed pointless with COVID. I received my physical approval notices today. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/25/2020 at 9:42 AM, Matrix13 said:

Congratulations! We are on a similar timeline now. Our appointment letter took a little extra time to arrive because the USCIS incorrectly sent it to our old address. Fortunately the USPS forwarded it to our new address without too much drama. Expect your letter within a week. Our scheduled appointment is set for 6 weeks after our case tracker notification. We're in Jacksonville, but I assume that 6 weeks thing is pretty standard for all the field offices. 

Now we just have to hope that the upcoming USCIS furloughs don't screw up the second attempt for our interviews. And even if the interviews do go as planned, I have been reading that there is a major delay in the production of the physical green cards. If anyone in this thread knows anything about green card production delays, please chime in.

Sorry if I'm sounding negative. It's been a pretty messed up year for everybody. Good luck on your journey!

so its taking 6 weeks to get the interview date?

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Indira/Charlys said:

so its taking 6 weeks to get the interview date?

What I was trying to say was:

Case tracker notification to interview letter...about a week

Case tracker notification to interview...about 6 weeks

YMMV

16 hours ago, Greg988 said:

Correct regarding card delays. Not expecting mine anytime sooon. Officer mentioned this could take 3 month to produce but I could call if an emergency popped up. If you plan to travel you can ask for the passport stamp but I didn’t try because seemed pointless with COVID. I received my physical approval notices today. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need the passport stamp to prove you have lawful status if you don't have your green card yet? At least, that's what I got told by the Texas DMV when I asked about getting a full-term drivers license instead of a one-year temporary resident license.

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

7 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need the passport stamp to prove you have lawful status if you don't have your green card yet? At least, that's what I got told by the Texas DMV when I asked about getting a full-term drivers license instead of a one-year temporary resident license.

Not sure. Uscis website states I’m an LPR when case is approved so I think I am lol. I haven’t tried to claim any benefits like full Drivers license yet. Waiting for the card to arrive to avoid any drama as DMV appointments are hard to get these days with COVID. Also will probably need it to apply for SS card without restrictions. Passport stamp is for international travel Before card arrives. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

With no interview on the horizon (NYC field office), I filed for a first EAD & AP renewal.

Filing date: Aug 11th, 176 days before the combo card expiration.

Acceptance text message: Aug 23rd. "Your case was received. Receipt #IOExxx. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail." (two messages)

Biometrics reuse & Account Acceptance Notice: arriving in mail on Aug 27th (sent on Aug 19th)

Strangely, I haven't received the standard receipt notice, the one which is used for the automatic 180 days EAD extension (I might indeed need it, given the current waiting times...). I logged into my.uscis.gov using the code printed in the account acceptance notice. The account shows the EAD and AP applications, and it shows the two letters I already received (Biometrics reuse & Account Acceptance Notice), but nothing else.

Anyone here in a similar situation? Do they eventually send out the standard receipt notice? Or should I go with the Biometrics reuse notice to my employer's HR?

9 hours ago, Vasily_12 said:

With no interview on the horizon (NYC field office), I filed for a first EAD & AP renewal.

Filing date: Aug 11th, 176 days before the combo card expiration.

Acceptance text message: Aug 23rd. "Your case was received. Receipt #IOExxx. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail." (two messages)

Biometrics reuse & Account Acceptance Notice: arriving in mail on Aug 27th (sent on Aug 19th)

Strangely, I haven't received the standard receipt notice, the one which is used for the automatic 180 days EAD extension (I might indeed need it, given the current waiting times...). I logged into my.uscis.gov using the code printed in the account acceptance notice. The account shows the EAD and AP applications, and it shows the two letters I already received (Biometrics reuse & Account Acceptance Notice), but nothing else.

Anyone here in a similar situation? Do they eventually send out the standard receipt notice? Or should I go with the Biometrics reuse notice to my employer's HR?

The standard receipt notice should get to you. If it doesn't then you can call the USCIS Service Center (or use the website) to request a replacement copy.

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 8/26/2020 at 5:03 PM, Greg988 said:

Just wanted share from our case, they told us the same about card delays, but yesterday we got an update that green card was made and mailed out. Our interview was August 7th so that’s fast! 

3 hours ago, lucero_enriquez said:

Just wanted share from our case, they told us the same about card delays, but yesterday we got an update that green card was made and mailed out. Our interview was August 7th so that’s fast! 

Thats great news! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I will get mine in a few weeks. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

The standard receipt notice should get to you. If it doesn't then you can call the USCIS Service Center (or use the website) to request a replacement copy.

Thanks, it indeed arrived today (two receipt notices). I should have waited a bit more before posting.

One potentially useful data point here is the non-rejection of the EAD+AP renewal application, which was filed 175 days before the combo card expiration date. There are some confused sources online saying that AP can't be renewed earlier than 120 days before expiration. However, if filed together with the EAD, AP renewal can be filed as early as 180 days before the combo card expiration.

23 minutes ago, Vasily_12 said:

Thanks, it indeed arrived today (two receipt notices). I should have waited a bit more before posting.

One potentially useful data point here is the non-rejection of the EAD+AP renewal application, which was filed 175 days before the combo card expiration date. There are some confused sources online saying that AP can't be renewed earlier than 120 days before expiration. However, if filed together with the EAD, AP renewal can be filed as early as 180 days before the combo card expiration.

That's great! 

How long did the notices take to arrive?

Can it be used to renew your driver's license? I just got a notice from the DMV to prove my continuous stay and to renew my License before 90days to expiration... 

This whole process has a way of getting under your skin! 🤦🏾‍♂️

Timeline
1 hour ago, DISCERNING said:

That's great! 

How long did the notices take to arrive?

Can it be used to renew your driver's license? I just got a notice from the DMV to prove my continuous stay and to renew my License before 90days to expiration... 

This whole process has a way of getting under your skin! 🤦🏾‍♂️

So the letters were at my mailbox 17 days after the application arrived at the Chicago Lockbox.

I'm not sure whether NY DMV respect this notice as a status extension, I saw online that it'####### and miss, depending on the particular office. My license expires a year after the EAD expires, so I'm not going to renew it at the moment ("Please note that your DMV document does not expire on the Temporary Visitor expiration date, nor will your privilege to drive in New York. here - https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/resources-non-us-citizens)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, V-Kris said:

I am still waiting on my GC interview. Still silent and no further update. Last update was “case is ready to be scheduled for interview”

I have a question, if at first I did not apply for AP, can I apply for AP along with my EAD renewal? My EAD is expired on March 2021. 
with the COVID I do not know how long till they really schedule my interview. And how long the EAD renewal will take. 
thank you 

We all are frustratingly waiting on the GC interview.

Unfortunately you wouldn't be given an AP along with your EAD extension since you didn't Co-File ab-intio.

However you can file for a new AP @ a cost. I believe it's usually granted within 3-4 months.

You should also be filing for your EAD renewal 90-180 days before expiration of your present one. I advice you should chose the later with all the current delays being experienced.

Timeline
9 hours ago, MikeMeche said:

Unfortunately you wouldn't be given an AP along with your EAD extension since you didn't Co-File ab-intio.

However you can file for a new AP @ a cost. I believe it's usually granted within 3-4 months.

You should also be filing for your EAD renewal 90-180 days before expiration of your present one. I advice you should chose the later with all the current delays being experienced.

Are you sure about the cost? I thought there's no fee if there's a pending AOS and you attach your I-485 receipt letter, even if the AP is filed later on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 hours ago, MikeMeche said:

Thank you!
though As far as my understanding as long as my I485 is still pending my AP will still be free. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.