CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
19 hours ago, V-Kris said:

My interview was on december 14.  my husband and I got home feeling disappointed and mad. The officer was superrrrr nice that he interrogated (not interview) us for an hour and said our medical is expired eventhough I am from K1 but he insisted that what he said is the correct way. Been waiting for the RFe letter he “promised”. None yet. 
hope yours is better than mine. 

How can the medical expire?

i thought that if you sent it with your packet you wouldn’t have to resend it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

How can the medical expire?

i thought that if you sent it with your packet you wouldn’t have to resend it?

I apply aos from K1 visa. The medical was taken from abroad. But it is stated for aos K visa as long as you apply within a year of medical. My medical is valid till whenever they issue my greencard. I applied October 2019, my medical abroad was May 2019. But he said that it’s december 2021 and My medica was taken more than 2 years ago and is expired already 
but i believe K visa is not his expertise and he is the kind of person that think everyone else is stupid and he is the law. 
nothing I could say than say yes sir. 
Another waiting on my part for the RFe letter that I do not know when it will come 😪🥱😡

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, V-Kris said:

I apply aos from K1 visa. The medical was taken from abroad. But it is stated for aos K visa as long as you apply within a year of medical. My medical is valid till whenever they issue my greencard. I applied October 2019, my medical abroad was May 2019. But he said that it’s december 2021 and My medica was taken more than 2 years ago and is expired already 
but i believe K visa is not his expertise and he is the kind of person that think everyone else is stupid and he is the law. 
nothing I could say than say yes sir. 
Another waiting on my part for the RFe letter that I do not know when it will come 😪🥱😡

Gosh that is so frustrating!! Sorry you have to redo your medical and I hope you can hear good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

Gosh that is so frustrating!! Sorry you have to redo your medical and I hope you can hear good news soon.

I know. It has been frustrating end of year for me. 
thank you!!! 

Hope everyone here get better experience than I did!! 

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

After 2.5 years of filing our AOS, we finally received our interview date (4/11/22).  Interview went smoothly and was pretty quick.  Wife was approved for her 10 year green card.  Only thing that really disappointing is that that clock towards citizenship starts now, so she will be at over 5.5 years from marriage before being able to apply for the N-400.  

All these issues started last February when USCIS accidentally set her case status to "interview completed" yet we hadn't had an interview (see my posts about this several pages back).  It took over a year to get this straightened out with them.  

I'm wondering if there is anyone else still waiting for their interview, or if we were the last of the group...

We are happy at least that we no longer have to keep file extensions for her travel and working documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ackster said:

After 2.5 years of filing our AOS, we finally received our interview date (4/11/22).  Interview went smoothly and was pretty quick.  Wife was approved for her 10 year green card.  Only thing that really disappointing is that that clock towards citizenship starts now, so she will be at over 5.5 years from marriage before being able to apply for the N-400.  

All these issues started last February when USCIS accidentally set her case status to "interview completed" yet we hadn't had an interview (see my posts about this several pages back).  It took over a year to get this straightened out with them.  

I'm wondering if there is anyone else still waiting for their interview, or if we were the last of the group...

We are happy at least that we no longer have to keep file extensions for her travel and working documents.

Wow! That took so long! So absurd and unacceptable! Wonder why there seems to have a lot of trouble with the 0ctober 2019 filers. And I know people who came later and filed later that has been processed sooner. On a positive note, she only had to do one AOS and straight to 10 year residency, instead of 3 years and then do a renewal for 10 years. 

Anyway, for the citizenship, can she not just file already? 3 years being married to a US Citizen will allow you to file for Citizenship right?

3 hours ago, Carmina Kidd said:

Anyway, for the citizenship, can she not just file already? 3 years being married to a US Citizen will allow you to file for Citizenship right?

The eligibility for citizenship for spouses of USC requires 3 years of being an LPR, in addition to 3 years of being married to the USC.  That's why the clock for citizenship filing starts from the GC approval date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Carmina Kidd said:

Wow! That took so long! So absurd and unacceptable! Wonder why there seems to have a lot of trouble with the 0ctober 2019 filers. And I know people who came later and filed later that has been processed sooner. On a positive note, she only had to do one AOS and straight to 10 year residency, instead of 3 years and then do a renewal for 10 years. 

I wish it worked that way. Unfortunately, it’s 3 years from the date of the green card. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.