TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Pat Argen said:

Thanks so much for the info. When I talked to the Tier 2 officer, she told me that we should be getting something “soon” I’m afraid at this rate we’ll receive our GCs first before the AP & EAD combo card but I have a really important trip coming up in less than 3 months and I’m getting so anxious. I want to expedite mine but the officer I talked to said she couldn’t do anything about it 😕 I haven’t heard of any other November filers not getting their combo cards. Other December and January filers have already received theirs 😔

Oh there's plenty of us.

Looked at some numbers in our batch of 5k cases (early Nov). 6/19 there was 393 open 765s. Today there are 113. Burn down rate is pretty consistent. Note many of these were closed because of GC.

Edited by slow_brooklyn
Add info

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/9/2019 at 1:33 PM, ChuAni said:

My hubby & I are currently on our way home from Chicago. I had my AOS interview few minutes ago. The officer was professional and has a great sense of humor. 😊😃 He asked me basic questions which include my name, address, security questions and asked my hubby how we met. He then, asked if we came with any evidence to show we are living together. We gave him our insurance forms, mails from the schools I applied to, acceptance certificates from the schools, certificates of the programs I completed showing my address, flight tickets and the photo album (71 Pictures). He pointed at one picture and asked where that was (picture we took at the courthouse when we applied for our marriage license). He asked if he can keep some of the pictures, I said yes because I just printed the pictures for the interview and I have over a 1000 on my camera. He kept them saying everything is okay, he has approved us and I will receive my GC in 3 or 4 weeks from today. Everything took about 10 minutes.

Good luck to everyone still in this long process. ❤

I received my GC on wednesday (July 17th).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, ChuAni said:

I received my GC on wednesday (July 17th).

That’s so great to hear. So happy for you! May I know when’s your PD???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Had interview on July 16 in Milwaukee. Officer was very casual and talkative about almost everything besides the I-485. Really great process.

Status updated on the way home that card is being produced. I expect the greencard to be here this upcoming week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Husband received a job offer yesterday. We're going to attempt to have our congresswoman expedite the ead based on the offer....not really optimistic about it but at least it's something to do 🤷

2 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

Husband received a job offer yesterday. We're going to attempt to have our congresswoman expedite the ead based on the offer....not really optimistic about it but at least it's something to do 🤷

That's awesome guys! It will surely work and you'll finally get that long awaited card.

All the best vibes for you! 🙌

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

That's awesome guys! It will surely work and you'll finally get that long awaited card.

All the best vibes for you! 🙌

Thank you! We're cautiously excited about the offer but also trying not to get our hopes up. Just a wait and see of course :)

21 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

I saw someone on the October board (I think) that did this successfully. They reached out to a senator and they had it in about a week. You may try both senator and representative just to keep both channels moving.

Timeline
1 hour ago, rrobin0609 said:

I saw someone on the October board (I think) that did this successfully. They reached out to a senator and they had it in about a week. You may try both senator and representative just to keep both channels moving.

Thank you for the advice, this is helpful :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

This is in my USPS informed delivery email this morning. But nothing has changed on the myUSCIS account. Could these be my EAD and AP? Today’s day 249, and I filed an e-inquiry two weeks ago. 

09566509-7683-4611-AF60-0327724D1F36.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, clare240 said:

This is in my USPS informed delivery email this morning. But nothing has changed on the myUSCIS account. Could these be my EAD and AP? Today’s day 249, and I filed an e-inquiry two weeks ago. 

I’m guessing so. If it is, I’m so glad for you! It happens sometimes— they don’t update the app but you’ll receive the documents unexpectedly. Processing times for EAD and AP have been too long. I’m at day 243 and nothing yet 😞 Congratulations again! :) 

1 hour ago, clare240 said:

That's definitely not a combo card. But they seem to be the approvals for both EAD and AP.

Ideally, you should get an update soon, indicating the card was sent and including a tracking number. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

4 hours ago, clare240 said:

They look like approval letters! The EAD card should arrive in the next week or so, but you should get a tracking number first

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Hello!

My husband and I received notice of our status adjustment interview and it is August 22nd! Exactly one month to go 🤗

Our interview will take place in the NJ local field office in Newark.

Our timeline:

AOS filing date - 10/22/2018

EAD/AP filing date - 10/22/2018

NOA - 11/08/2018

Bio appointment - 12/06/2018

EAD/AP approval - 05/29/2019

USCIS case tracker update for AOS - 07/17/2019

Received notice in mail - 07/22/2019

Interview date - 08/22/2019

Wishing everyone not but luck on approvals whether it’s EAD/AP or green card!

Nervous is very much an understatement. 2 days till my interview 🙏🏻 I hope I’ve got everything 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.