TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

I just got updated on the USCIS app on Saturday that my green card interview has been scheduled. Nothing in the mail yet so no idea when the interview is. How long is it usually from app being updated to the date of the interview?

You get the letter about a week later and the interview is usually about a month - 5 weeks from the notification 

20 hours ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

I just got updated on the USCIS app on Saturday that my green card interview has been scheduled. Nothing in the mail yet so no idea when the interview is. How long is it usually from app being updated to the date of the interview?

My bet is your interview will happen on August 22th. 😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Let's see how our submitting an out of processing time inquiry works, we are at day 239. Submitted the inquiry on 7/11 and my husband check yesterday with them who stated that an investigator is currently looking into it and should respond within 15-30 days. Not sure if that is just typical "generic response" terminology but something is better than nothing..

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Got our GC in the mail today! Now hubby can finally get an SSN and start living a normal life (though I think he is less excited that he doesn't have an excuse to not look for a job now. lol!) They kept the mystery till the very end with tracking number not being available but I am impressed it got here (GA) in 2 days from Missouri. 

Wishing everyone the very best of luck and sending vibes for speedy processing! 

The countdown begins... 1 week till my GC interview!

I just finished all the prep last night, I hope I have everything 😖 

I also hope the IO appreciates my pink sparkly binder 💁🏻‍♀️😂

59 minutes ago, calliope8 said:

Got our GC in the mail today! Now hubby can finally get an SSN and start living a normal life (though I think he is less excited that he doesn't have an excuse to not look for a job now. lol!) They kept the mystery till the very end with tracking number not being available but I am impressed it got here (GA) in 2 days from Missouri. 

Wishing everyone the very best of luck and sending vibes for speedy processing! 

Aww yay! Congrats! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Let's see how our submitting an out of processing time inquiry works, we are at day 239. Submitted the inquiry on 7/11 and my husband check yesterday with them who stated that an investigator is currently looking into it and should respond within 15-30 days. Not sure if that is just typical "generic response" terminology but something is better than nothing..

I submitted an inquiry yesterday for the AP. Just waiting for it to be assigned now. I did receive a default email confirming the request that mentioned we should receive a response by August 8th. Who really knows though right? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, slow_brooklyn said:

250 days and counting 😞

Did you receive your EAD and AP? what about GC Interview schedule...???

3 hours ago, Pat Argen said:

Did you receive your EAD and AP? what about GC Interview schedule...???

Still waiting for EAD. Have heard absolutely nothing outside of "Ready to be scheduled" and a denied expedite. We're not expecting an interview any time soon given the timelines in NYC.

Filed a SR this week, just hoping for the AP soon.

Dang! Well, we are at 247 days of "Case was Received," and are now officially outside of normal processing time for AP and EAD. We submitted an inquiry on AP like 10 days ago, and we just submitted a new inquiry for EAD earlier today. Neither inquiry has been assigned to an officer just yet. Can't believe how long all of this is taking. So frustrating!

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Dang! Well, we are at 247 days of "Case was Received," and are now officially outside of normal processing time for AP and EAD. We submitted an inquiry on AP like 10 days ago, and we just submitted a new inquiry for EAD earlier today. Neither inquiry has been assigned to an officer just yet. Can't believe how long all of this is taking. So frustrating!

What’s taking so long :( I’m at 240 days for AP and EAD, this wait is making me anxious and frustrated! How do you know if the inquiry is assigned to an officer??? I inquired and called USCIS but I didn’t receive an update or an email confirmation about the case inquiry. Have u tried talking to a tier 2 officer???

It’s officially been 1 year to date that I uprooted my life and moved to the states, and now 6 days till my GC interview 🙏🏻

39 minutes ago, Pat Argen said:

What’s taking so long :( I’m at 240 days for AP and EAD, this wait is making me anxious and frustrated! How do you know if the inquiry is assigned to an officer??? I inquired and called USCIS but I didn’t receive an update or an email confirmation about the case inquiry. Have u tried talking to a tier 2 officer???

Sorry to hear you're still waiting too! I'm the USC and my husband is from England. The only way I knew that our "SR"/"outside-of-normal-processing-times" inquiry hadn't been assigned to an officer yet is that we submitted our inquiry using my husband's email, and said he was inquiring as the applicant. From there, I told my husband he'd need to get his own USCIS account because he'd be the only one who could see the status of our inquiry.

When you submit the SR inquiry, it asks who is submitting online form. I the I think the only way to track the status is through the account of person who submits the inquiry through the USCIS website, if that makes sense! That's been our experience... though, someone correct me, if I'm wrong!

The only thing we haven't tried yet is calling and speaking to a Tier 2 officer. That'll be our next step if we don't hear anything about our inquiries.

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Timeline
5 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Sorry to hear you're still waiting too! I'm the USC and my husband is from England. The only way I knew that our "SR"/"outside-of-normal-processing-times" inquiry hadn't been assigned to an officer yet is that we submitted our inquiry using my husband's email, and said he was inquiring as the applicant. From there, I told my husband he'd need to get his own USCIS account because he'd be the only one who could see the status of our inquiry.

When you submit the SR inquiry, it asks who is submitting online form. I the I think the only way to track the status is through the account of person who submits the inquiry through the USCIS website, if that makes sense! That's been our experience... though, someone correct me, if I'm wrong!

The only thing we haven't tried yet is calling and speaking to a Tier 2 officer. That'll be our next step if we don't hear anything about our inquiries.

Thanks so much for the info. When I talked to the Tier 2 officer, she told me that we should be getting something “soon” I’m afraid at this rate we’ll receive our GCs first before the AP & EAD combo card but I have a really important trip coming up in less than 3 months and I’m getting so anxious. I want to expedite mine but the officer I talked to said she couldn’t do anything about it 😕 I haven’t heard of any other November filers not getting their combo cards. Other December and January filers have already received theirs 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.