TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been more frustrated at this process than I am right now...

I had my medical in the UK may 2018, and was missing 1 MMR vaccine, lady asked me if I wanted to have it at the exam or get it free when I went home. I decided to get it done at home because usually most people get their MMR vaccines in a set of 3 when they’re younger and apparently I had only had 2, so I wanted to double check with my dr that this was actually the case and it wasn’t a misprint or something. Wasn’t told that my medical wouldn’t of been signed off properly and that in which case I’d need to see a civil surgeon in the US before my interview. 

Now after getting my interview notice letter, it mentions a form I-693 needs to be submitted unless you’ve had a medical exam prior. Here’s me thinking that I didn’t need that - surprise! turns out that I do. 

BUT I don’t need a full medical exam, I’ve had all that already. Now I’ve called around every single civil surgeon around New York and I’ve only found very few that are willing to just fill out part 9: vaccinations, on the form, and for them to do this is SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS. 

Why wasn't i told this at my medical exam when I had it over a year ago.. aaahhhhHh I’m so FRUSTRATED at this process!!!! 

I need a holiday. Badly

As long as your previous MMR vaccinations are recorded on the form, you'll be fine. 

18 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

Happy to hear such good news for the  November crowd lately! Looks like slowly but surely they're getting through. 

232 days here, in 3 days we'll be able to make an inquiry about our AP. Does this really help though? I can't see it making too much of a difference at this point 😔

We're at 242 days, and we made an inquiry about our AP being outside of normal processing times last week. I don't really think it's going to help at this point, but it felt better to us to inquire than sit around not doing anything, haha. USCIS said it may take 30 days for us to hear back from them after we made the inquiry, so anything could happen between now and then regardless of whether or not we inquired. 

Based on what our senator said about our case, it's kind of starting to sound like we may get the Green Card before the combo card at this point. I don't know if that's the same case for you guys or not, but I'm definitely starting to feel that way about ours. Our senator said all our background checks had been done, and we're basically just in a queue to be interviewed in Nashville at this point. I think the reason they haven't given us the combo card yet is because there's just SO many other people waiting for it too. 

I don't know if that info helps inform your decision to inquire or not, but it hasn't really helped in our case, unfortunately. 🤷‍♀️

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
6 minutes ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

We're at 242 days, and we made an inquiry about our AP being outside of normal processing times last week. I don't really think it's going to help at this point, but it felt better to us to inquire than sit around not doing anything, haha. USCIS said it may take 30 days for us to hear back from them after we made the inquiry, so anything could happen between now and then regardless of whether or not we inquired. 

Based on what our senator said about our case, it's kind of starting to sound like we may get the Green Card before the combo card at this point. I don't know if that's the same case for you guys or not, but I'm definitely starting to feel that way about ours. Our senator said all our background checks had been done, and we're basically just in a queue to be interviewed in Nashville at this point. I think the reason they haven't given us the combo card yet is because there's just SO many other people waiting for it too. 

I don't know if that info helps inform your decision to inquire or not, but it hasn't really helped in our case, unfortunately. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah the fact that they have 30 days to respond is crazy. Sad to hear that the inquiry hasn't led to anything for you yet, although not surprising. I just don't understand how we can still be left behind in the combo card processing. I mean, as more and more people around us get their green cards, that should open up more time to work on combo cards, since the green card holders' combo cards stop processing at that point. I don't have much hope for an interview, the Seattle office processing times are 13-22.5 months. At this point, it almost seems crazy to stay here any longer. If we get past 1 year without my hubby being able to work, we might just leave and try our luck in Belgium. I mean how long can we possibly do this? It's ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Only one MMR vaccine dose is required.

You should post your DS3025 in case you are interpreting it wrong.

Here’s a picture - 

8A6C1938-14B0-45D1-87A3-422FF665FFD9.thumb.jpeg.8f6687c8008629c91f33b0e2e469d220.jpeg

Edited by Penny&Lee

11 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

As long as your previous MMR vaccinations are recorded on the form, you'll be fine. 

Oh really?? I posted a picture, maybe I’m reading it wrong?

58 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

Oh really?? I posted a picture, maybe I’m reading it wrong?

Even though the physician checked the box "K1 visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination", you have ALL the needed vaccinations recorded and should have no issue during interview. 

Here's an extract from the USCIS policy manual. 

"The officer should be aware that civil surgeons may improperly mark the boxes because they may misunderstand the meaning of these boxes. Therefore, the officer should determine, from the vaccination assessment completed by the civil surgeon, whether the applicant received all vaccines, which blanket waivers should be granted, and whether the applicant requires any other waivers. The officer should exercise discretion in reviewing the vaccination chart and when evaluating the results boxes at the bottom of the vaccination assessment chart.”

If you are between 19 to 49 years old, these are the vaccinations you need: 

-Td or Tdap 

-MMR

-Varicella

-Influenza (during flu season only; Oct. 1 thru Mar. 31)

1 hour ago, Penny&Lee said:

Here’s a picture - 

8A6C1938-14B0-45D1-87A3-422FF665FFD9.thumb.jpeg.8f6687c8008629c91f33b0e2e469d220.jpeg

It's wrong because of the box that says you elected not to be vaccinated. All of your waiver letters are correct meaning you were vaccinated for everything possible and that you needed.

I'd bring it to your interview and not worry about it. Let your IO decide.

3 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

Yeah the fact that they have 30 days to respond is crazy. Sad to hear that the inquiry hasn't led to anything for you yet, although not surprising. I just don't understand how we can still be left behind in the combo card processing. I mean, as more and more people around us get their green cards, that should open up more time to work on combo cards, since the green card holders' combo cards stop processing at that point. I don't have much hope for an interview, the Seattle office processing times are 13-22.5 months. At this point, it almost seems crazy to stay here any longer. If we get past 1 year without my hubby being able to work, we might just leave and try our luck in Belgium. I mean how long can we possibly do this? It's ridiculous. 

Guys, it breaks my heart to see you're going through this. It is beyond unfair. Maybe it is time to contact the Ombudsman. Some awareness must be raised!

It is plainly wrong to have you -and others- waiting for SO long, without the ability to hold a normal life. 

Moving to Europe on your own volition is awesome, but going back because the immigration office has failed you, is not right, especially after following each and every rule. 

There must be something we all can do, beyond these, most of the times, futile inquiries -whether we're still waiting or not- that can help with all these messed up cases that leave people in limbo for this long. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

48 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It's wrong because of the box that says you elected not to be vaccinated. All of your waiver letters are correct meaning you were vaccinated for everything possible and that you needed.

I'd bring it to your interview and not worry about it. Let your IO decide.

Okay so I shouldn’t worry or bother with seeing a civil surgeon for the I-693?

54 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Even though the physician checked the box "K1 visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at this examination", you have ALL the needed vaccinations recorded and should have no issue during interview. 

Here's an extract from the USCIS policy manual. 

"The officer should be aware that civil surgeons may improperly mark the boxes because they may misunderstand the meaning of these boxes. Therefore, the officer should determine, from the vaccination assessment completed by the civil surgeon, whether the applicant received all vaccines, which blanket waivers should be granted, and whether the applicant requires any other waivers. The officer should exercise discretion in reviewing the vaccination chart and when evaluating the results boxes at the bottom of the vaccination assessment chart.”

If you are between 19 to 49 years old, these are the vaccinations you need: 

-Td or Tdap 

-MMR

-Varicella

-Influenza (during flu season only; Oct. 1 thru Mar. 31)

I think the person who did my medical thought I needed all 3 MMR vaccines? I’ve no clue why she checked it improperly but that’s a big relief. I personally don’t know how to read forms like this so you’ve helped a lot - thank you!

3 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

It’s good to never get your hopes up, but at the same time always stay positive and optimistic. Trust me, I know how hard that can be, but don’t give up now :( you’re so far through the process and who knows, tomorrow could be the day. Sending love and hopes

4 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

I'm at day 25 of waiting after an RFE and even though the inquiry date for EADs is nearly 4 weeks past my date (Oct 18th vs Nov 6th), USCIS has a 60 day window before they'd accept a service request and start the next 30 day countdown. I also have no chance for getting the interview cause San Francisco has a 17.5-21 month wait! On the bright side, I think that means my wife and I won't have to go through removal of conditions (our 2 year anniversary is in Jan 2020).

In my calendar, I have an event every 5 days for counting how long my EAD has taken. A few months ago I filled it up to 270 days, thinking I'll have it by then.... 270 days/9 months is tomorrow!

11/12/2017 - Entered US on J1
10/18/2018 - Filed AOS at NBC
12/11/2018 - Biometrics
02/28/2019 - USCIS mailed RFIE on I485
05/09/2019 - USCIS received RFIE response
06/11/2019 - USCIS mailed another RFIE on I485
06/19/2019 - USCIS received 2nd RFIE response
07/24/2019 - I485 ready to schedule for interview
01/22/2020 - I485 interview (in San Jose instead of San Francisco)

1 hour ago, Penny&Lee said:

Okay so I shouldn’t worry or bother with seeing a civil surgeon for the I-693?

Not yet and not unless you are told to by your IO at your AOS interview.

50 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Not yet and not unless you are told to by your IO at your AOS interview.

Okay :) thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Guys, it breaks my heart to see you're going through this. It is beyond unfair. Maybe it is time to contact the Ombudsman. Some awareness must be raised!

It is plainly wrong to have you -and others- waiting for SO long, without the ability to hold a normal life. 

Moving to Europe on your own volition is awesome, but going back because the immigration office has failed you, is not right, especially after following each and every rule. 

There must be something we all can do, beyond these, most of the times, futile inquiries -whether we're still waiting or not- that can help with all these messed up cases that leave people in limbo for this long. 

That's a good idea, I think once our case is outside normal processing we'll start working on contacting the ombudsman. I agree, awareness is key! And you're right, I don't really want to move to Europe at this point in my life and it would be unfortunate to have to do so under these circumstances. And I mean I'm sure their immigration system has its own problems. 

2 hours ago, Penny&Lee said:

It’s good to never get your hopes up, but at the same time always stay positive and optimistic. Trust me, I know how hard that can be, but don’t give up now :( you’re so far through the process and who knows, tomorrow could be the day. Sending love and hopes

Thank you!! ❤️  The support on this forum truly helps. If I didn't have this, I would be so much more frustrated/lonely. Maybe this week will be the week :) 

2 hours ago, dr01d3k4 said:

I'm at day 25 of waiting after an RFE and even though the inquiry date for EADs is nearly 4 weeks past my date (Oct 18th vs Nov 6th), USCIS has a 60 day window before they'd accept a service request and start the next 30 day countdown. I also have no chance for getting the interview cause San Francisco has a 17.5-21 month wait! On the bright side, I think that means my wife and I won't have to go through removal of conditions (our 2 year anniversary is in Jan 2020).

In my calendar, I have an event every 5 days for counting how long my EAD has taken. A few months ago I filled it up to 270 days, thinking I'll have it by then.... 270 days/9 months is tomorrow!

I'm so, so sorry you're in that spot. Good for you for picking out the silver lining in all of that. What a mess, huh? I don't think any of us ever imagined this process could be so grueling and (for me, above all) illogical. I hope you and your wife get some good news soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.