TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, slow_brooklyn said:

After 255 longgg days, new card is being produced! Now just need to stress that it doesn't get lost in the mail!!

Congratulations!!!!! 255 days is way too long to be waiting for the combo card but good to know there’s progress! 👍🏼👏🏼

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I had my interview on July 16 and got notification last night that new card was being produced! Good luck to everyone on their approval process!

Timeline
4 hours ago, roadracer said:

264 days and still nothing 😐

Oh no :( so sorry you’re waiting for so long. have you tried having your case expedited? or talk to a tier 2 officer at least?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
16 hours ago, slow_brooklyn said:

After 255 longgg days, new card is being produced! Now just need to stress that it doesn't get lost in the mail!!

Congrats!! Light at the end of (this) tunnel ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Typical USCIS, cashed our check as soon as they received it on Nov 1, then 3 weeks later they denied the application for lack of payment. Then they added more time to the allowable review window. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pat Argen said:

Oh no :( so sorry you’re waiting for so long. have you tried having your case expedited? or talk to a tier 2 officer at least?

We are trailing behind at 245 days here.. just submitted an inquiry today for I-765 and have submitted one for the AP 2 weeks ago. My husband called last week to speak to a Tier 2 about the first inquiry being out of processing time and they said he can call back this Friday in order to check the status as it is a required 15-30 days window for the "investigator" to look into it. Maybe that's the truth, maybe it's a generic script but holding onto hope. We want to go visit his home country in the next 2 months so the sooner the better for planning purposes.. 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

We are trailing behind at 245 days here.. just submitted an inquiry today for I-765 and have submitted one for the AP 2 weeks ago. My husband called last week to speak to a Tier 2 about the first inquiry being out of processing time and they said he can call back this Friday in order to check the status as it is a required 15-30 days window for the "investigator" to look into it. Maybe that's the truth, maybe it's a generic script but holding onto hope. We want to go visit his home country in the next 2 months so the sooner the better for planning purposes.. 

Same here, I’m at day 245 and nothing still ;( I checked with the Tier 2 two weeks ago but they said they couldn’t do anything to speed up the process but they had filed a case inquiry on my behalf. I am also planning to go back to my home country in the next 2 months or so since I need to go back to school. I hope we both receive good news soon, hopefully by the end of July or early August. I’ve been so anxious with all this waiting! At this point I’m not even sure what’s happening with our cases anymore

Timeline

Hey guys. I need your insight about this. I came to the US on a k2 visa (child of a k1). I filed out the paperwork for my mom (who is now married to my stepdad, a USC) and we’ve been tracking our cases for almost 8 months now. We have been checking the case tracker app everyday and today I’ve decided to try something different and signed up for the actual USCIS website tracker since I’ve been hearing here that the apps can get a wee bit inaccurate at times. And then I found this: (pls refer to the picture below)

So apparently I’ve been “in line for an interview” for months now and I didn’t know. We don’t have an interview letter yet though (and I’m the only one who has that update, my

mom’s case is still on “Case Received”) and I’m just afraid I might have missed it or is it normal to be waiting for 7-8 months for an interview??? Should I call them for a follow up?? 

7B3C1B53-00F9-4D6D-A3FC-46D3B39461BB.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Pat Argen said:

Hey guys. I need your insight about this. I came to the US on a k2 visa (child of a k1). I filed out the paperwork for my mom (who is now married to my stepdad, a USC) and we’ve been tracking our cases for almost 8 months now. We have been checking the case tracker app everyday and today I’ve decided to try something different and signed up for the actual USCIS website tracker since I’ve been hearing here that the apps can get a wee bit inaccurate at times. And then I found this: (pls refer to the picture below)

So apparently I’ve been “in line for an interview” for months now and I didn’t know. We don’t have an interview letter yet though (and I’m the only one who has that update, my

mom’s case is still on “Case Received”) and I’m just afraid I might have missed it or is it normal to be waiting for 7-8 months for an interview??? Should I call them for a follow up?? 

7B3C1B53-00F9-4D6D-A3FC-46D3B39461BB.jpeg

This just means that your case is now at your local field office. It can remain at this status for many months (to a few years even) depending on the processing times of your LFO.

The important status is "interview has been scheduled". That means you have actually been scheduled for an interview and can expect an interview notice in the mail shortly.

You will need to lmow what your LFO is. You can look up your LFO here by inputting your zip code:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

....and then you can look up the estimated processing times of your LFO here by inputting  your LFO and I485 and then scrolling to the bottom for family based applications:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

If your Noa1 receipt date is AFTER the date on the right for Family based then you are well within normal processing times for you LFO.

The time in months on the left is a good estimate on how long you will have to wait for an interview to be scheduled.

PS please hide your receipt number when posting screenshots!!!

Edited by K1visaHopeful

5 minutes ago, Pat Argen said:

That's perfectly normal. For some, the status never changes until the interview is scheduled. 

The waiting time for your local office is 14 to 37 months.

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

How do you know that?

7 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

How do you know that?

Checking on waiting times for his/her local office. Duh! :P

The city and corresponding local office are in the poster's profile. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

That's perfectly normal. For some, the status never changes until the interview is scheduled. 

I was kind of apprehensive because I thought they give out interview schedules with this kind of update. 😕 14 to 37 months... I guess I’ll be waiting for a long time then. I just find it weird that my case has already been forwarded to our local office while my mom’s case (she’s the primary applicant) doesn’t have any updates yet according to the USCIS website. But thanks so much for the insight!! Appreciate it a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.