TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, slow_brooklyn said:

Anyone else in November now out of processing time for EAD? I am for AP and will be for 765 in a couple days...

I'm not there for EAD but a day away from AP outside normal processing times.. 232 days here 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

2 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Fortunately now, after several weeks of despair, we can finally announce that we were approved! 

YAY! I'm so happy for you!

6 hours ago, slow_brooklyn said:

Anyone else in November now out of processing time for EAD? I am for AP and will be for 765 in a couple days...

I'm out of normal processing times for AP as well (Case was received November 14th), but my EAD is still technically within processing times. I'm guessing if I don't hear anything next week we'll be outside of normal processing times for the EAD as well. We'll see what happens.

We submitted an inquiry on our AP, but still haven't heard anything from USCIS because they decided it would be fair to give themselves an extra 30 days. 🙄

Edited by wakeuplittlesuzy
Left something out

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

2 minutes ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

I'm out of normal processing times for AP as well (Case was received November 14th), but my EAD is still technically within processing times. I'm guessing if I don't hear anything next week we'll be outside of normal processing times for the EAD as well. We'll see what happens.

We submitted an inquiry on our AP, but still haven't heard anything from USCIS because they decided it would be fair to give themselves an extra 30 days. 🙄

I also think a lot of us will start to see some movement on our EADs starting Monday since there are so many will be considered outside of normal processing times at that point. Unless, of course, they decide to push the dates back again. (Knock on wood they don't!) Anything is possible at this point though.

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

On 7/11/2019 at 1:01 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

Hello everyone! 

As some of you guys might recall, during our interview, we were informed our K1 file was not there and a request was made that very same day.

We had an info pass appointment weeks later and we were told the file already arrived, but wasn't yet at the interviewing officer's desk -reaching the desk takes another while-. 

We left quite disappointed.

Fortunately now, after several weeks of despair, we can finally announce that we were approved! 

Certainly I wish there was no need to deal with the USCIS again, especially with ROC, which from what I've read, takes over a year. 😕

But at least we'll have 21 months immigration bureaucracy free; hopefully that'll be enough to recover from the trauma of the past year and a half -since we filed the K1-.

Our best wishes and hugs to everyone still waiting. 

Congratulations! I am so glad to hear that!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Happy to hear such good news for the  November crowd lately! Looks like slowly but surely they're getting through. 

232 days here, in 3 days we'll be able to make an inquiry about our AP. Does this really help though? I can't see it making too much of a difference at this point 😔

1 hour ago, kanderson101 said:

Happy to hear such good news for the  November crowd lately! Looks like slowly but surely they're getting through. 

232 days here, in 3 days we'll be able to make an inquiry about our AP. Does this really help though? I can't see it making too much of a difference at this point 😔

I don’t think that help. Still not assigned PD 11/02/2018 253 days 

926CBF1D-488E-4B40-83BA-AF13BB3BA4CB.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever been more frustrated at this process than I am right now...

I had my medical in the UK may 2018, and was missing 1 MMR vaccine, lady asked me if I wanted to have it at the exam or get it free when I went home. I decided to get it done at home because usually most people get their MMR vaccines in a set of 3 when they’re younger and apparently I had only had 2, so I wanted to double check with my dr that this was actually the case and it wasn’t a misprint or something. Wasn’t told that my medical wouldn’t of been signed off properly and that in which case I’d need to see a civil surgeon in the US before my interview. 

Now after getting my interview notice letter, it mentions a form I-693 needs to be submitted unless you’ve had a medical exam prior. Here’s me thinking that I didn’t need that - surprise! turns out that I do. 

BUT I don’t need a full medical exam, I’ve had all that already. Now I’ve called around every single civil surgeon around New York and I’ve only found very few that are willing to just fill out part 9: vaccinations, on the form, and for them to do this is SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS. 

Why wasn't i told this at my medical exam when I had it over a year ago.. aaahhhhHh I’m so FRUSTRATED at this process!!!! 

I need a holiday. Badly

Edited by Penny&Lee

1 hour ago, Penny&Lee said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been more frustrated at this process than I am right now...

I had my medical in the UK may 2018, and was missing 1 MMR vaccine, lady asked me if I wanted to have it at the exam or get it free when I went home. I decided to get it done at home because usually most people get their MMR vaccines in a set of 3 when they’re younger and apparently I had only had 2, so I wanted to double check with my dr that this was actually the case and it wasn’t a misprint or something. Wasn’t told that my medical wouldn’t of been signed off properly and that in which case I’d need to see a civil surgeon in the US before my interview. 

Now after getting my interview notice letter, it mentions a form I-693 needs to be submitted unless you’ve had a medical exam prior. Here’s me thinking that I didn’t need that - surprise! turns out that I do. 

BUT I don’t need a full medical exam, I’ve had all that already. Now I’ve called around every single civil surgeon around New York and I’ve only found very few that are willing to just fill out part 9: vaccinations, on the form, and for them to do this is SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS. 

Why wasn't i told this at my medical exam when I had it over a year ago.. aaahhhhHh I’m so FRUSTRATED at this process!!!! 

I need a holiday. Badly

Only one MMR vaccine dose is required.

You should post your DS3025 in case you are interpreting it wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.