TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, clare240 said:

Hey Robin, thanks for posting this! (Not sure I agree with his thoughts on what it is that's going to fix the issues though...) We're in SF so I emailed Nancy Pelosi maybe 3 weeks or a month ago. Nothing in response yet. Just wondering when you first contacted Senator Blunt? 

I took that second paragraph as part of his generic immigration letter he sends to everyone he gets a letter from in regards to it. To be honest, I was surprised with how quickly I got a response off him, it took maybe a month or a month and a half at the most. I did snail mail the letter and I didn't ask for him to look into my case.

58 minutes ago, clare240 said:

More generally, today the case inquiry date for AP reached my NOA date, but the EAD date is still at Nov 4. (We're Nov 15.) Should I bother doing an inquiry now, or wait a week or so until it's outside the normal processing time for both?

I'd wait for both to be outside of normal processing times. There is no sense having two separate documents. You want a combo card and if you only receive one you may be chasing the other one for approval. Is the only way to do an inquiry (to the National Benefits Centre) through the website - I can't just call them up? Online only. No direct line to NBC. How long do people usually wait to hear back after they do an e-inquiry? Most times a few weeks and then they give themselves 30 to 60 days to respond. If no response you enquire again.

We finally heard back from our senator today! (Our AP is also officially out of normal processing times as of yesterday.) Our senator wrote back saying that USCIS told her all of our background checks have been completed, and my husband is currently pending interview processing at the Nashville Field Office. USCIS also told our senator that the Nashville F.O. is currently scheduling interviews for people whose I-485 applications were received on or before August 30, 2019. (I'm not sure if anyone else here has been assigned to the Nashville F.O., but that might be useful to you!)

All in all, this doesn't really tell me much about what's going on with our case, but it sounds like maybe everything is okay if our background checks have been completed and we're going to be processed for the interview. I don't know why they can't give us the combo card in the meantime, but at least we know they've finished our background checks. Hopefully we'll have an interview date within the next couple of months and we can just forget about the combo card.

Earlier this morning, we also inquired about our AP being outside of normal processing times, so we'll see if we get any more traction from there. One day this will all be over with -- That has been my mantra lately!

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

I also think it's funny that when you inquire about your case being outside of normal processing times, USCIS is basically just like "Oh, yeah, cool. We'll get back to you in 30 days." What the heck?! 😂🙄

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

I also think it's funny that when you inquire about your case being outside of normal processing times, USCIS is basically just like "Oh, yeah, cool. We'll get back to you in 30 days." What the heck?! 😂🙄

Right 🙄 230 days here 🙄🙄🙄🙄

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Little over 2 weeks till my GC interview - nervous, excited, and so ready for all of this to be over.

sending love and luck to everyone for some news this week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Going through paperwork for our GC interview Thurs and had forgotten that they sent us an rfe for not sending a payment w/ EAD. Reminded them we sent it w/ I-485 & separate fee wasn't required. They agreed but I see why our EAD was delayed behind all our other paperwork. No movement on it hoping we get our GC soon anyway. Fingers crossed for immediate approval of course! Only worry is the DS-3025 since it's more than 6 months out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Random question.. my husband got his medical residency in Florida and I still am staying in California for another six months because I have a great job here. We bought a house together in Florida and have been traveling every other weekend to be with each other. Is this a problem if we get our green card interview and are still in this position? In other words living in California and Florida for work but traveling constantly to be with each other?

Edited by ShanGaut

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, ShanGaut said:

Random question.. my husband got his medical residency in Florida and I still am staying in California for another six months because I have a great job here. We bought a house together in Florida and have been traveling every other weekend to be with each other. Is this a problem if we get our green card interview and are still in this position? In other words living in California and Florida for work but traveling constantly to be with each other?

Hi..

I don't see a problem, but the Officer would want to see the proof that you guys stay together every other weekend.  So, you need to start taking pictures and also, flight/bus tickets, restaurant receipts and other evidence to put you two together.

EAD card arrived yesterday! The delivery update changed to "addressee unknown, returning to sender" so Matt had to chase down the mail truck and get it from them. Near crisis avoided! Tomorrow he has a second interview with Geek Squad, and Saturday we're gonna book tickets for the UK in October (which are super cheap right now). The sigh of relief has finally come to us.

I think more of y'all will start seeing EAD approvals starting Monday 🤞

56 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

EAD card arrived yesterday! The delivery update changed to "addressee unknown, returning to sender" so Matt had to chase down the mail truck and get it from them. Near crisis avoided! Tomorrow he has a second interview with Geek Squad, and Saturday we're gonna book tickets for the UK in October (which are super cheap right now). The sigh of relief has finally come to us.

Ah, good! I'm so glad to hear he was able to chase them down and he has the card now. That's great that you're finally going to be able to visit the UK in October! :jest:

We're hoping to go over to the UK in September, but I don't know if we'll be so lucky. It may be more like October or later before we're able to go at this point. 

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

1 hour ago, rrobin0609 said:

Omg I'm glad he got it! That would have just been an added nightmare!!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Curious as to how serious people are dressing for GC interview. Hubs is going in a full suit though I thought a button up shirt & slacks would be fine. I'll be wearing a work (office) dress & flats. 

I am hoping we will be too busy celebrating tomorrow evening but will post how the interview goes this weekend. I had 2 job interviews myself earlier this week h another lined up for Friday so it has been a week of interviews! Feast or famine as they say!

9 hours ago, calliope8 said:

Curious as to how serious people are dressing for GC interview. Hubs is going in a full suit though I thought a button up shirt & slacks would be fine. I'll be wearing a work (office) dress & flats. 

I am hoping we will be too busy celebrating tomorrow evening but will post how the interview goes this weekend. I had 2 job interviews myself earlier this week h another lined up for Friday so it has been a week of interviews! Feast or famine as they say!

My husband and I went smart casual; button up shirt and nice trousers for him and a summer dress for me. :)

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.