TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/11/2019 at 4:38 PM, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

I'm out of normal processing times for AP as well (Case was received November 14th), but my EAD is still technically within processing times. I'm guessing if I don't hear anything next week we'll be outside of normal processing times for the EAD as well. We'll see what happens.

We submitted an inquiry on our AP, but still haven't heard anything from USCIS because they decided it would be fair to give themselves an extra 30 days. 🙄

I'm also out of normal processing times of AP, exactly the same dates as you @wakeuplittlesuzy

Submitted my AP inquiry last and no news as yet, it's not even assigned to a case officer. :( 

Timeline
Just now, slow_brooklyn said:

How do you check if it's assigned to an officer?

On the case tracker app, click on the specific case (e.g I-131), wait for it load then scroll down to the bottom of the page of 'case history' and it's there. 

Hope that helps!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as requested by the poster~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 minute ago, slow_brooklyn said:

Thanks great. Any thoughts if it's a good idea to file a SR for both the 131 and 765 or just the 765?

I’m not too sure to be honest, I just really need my travel permit so wanted to file ASAP. 

4 minutes ago, slow_brooklyn said:

Thanks great. Any thoughts if it's a good idea to file a SR for both the 131 and 765 or just the 765?

The system wont allow to request an SR unless your PD is past the SR date. So if it isnt past on your I765, you wont be able to.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

15 minutes ago, slow_brooklyn said:

Both are past now unfortunately. Guess I should file for them both.

Yup.

If you are outside of processing times for both you can make an SR for both.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

November 2018 filer here. We applied for EAD, AP, and GC last 11/21 and still no updates. I got on the phone with a Tier 2 officer and she said I can’t expedite my case since the National Benefits Center is probably working on my case at the moment. We just have to wait it out. We sent a case inquiry though and they told me to wait for 15 days. Did you guys call your senator/ombudsman to help you expedite your cases?? I have a trip planned on September and would really like to start working soon 😔

Edited by Pat Argen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pat Argen said:

November 2018 filer here. We applied for EAD, AP, and GC last 11/21 and still no updates. I got on the phone with a Tier 2 officer and she said I can’t expedite my case since the National Benefits Center is probably working on my case at the moment. We just have to wait it out. We sent a case inquiry though and they told me to wait for 15 days. Did you guys call your senator/ombudsman to help you expedite your cases?? I have a trip planned on September and would really like to start working soon 😔

I did contact my congresswoman, but all they really can do is expedite a case for us. Since we don't have legitimate grounds to expedite, it was pretty much a waste of time. I think for some people it's helpful when their case has either been mishandled or if they do have true reason to expedite. That's just my experience though. Haven't contacted ombudsman yet. 

Timeline

I just got updated on the USCIS app on Saturday that my green card interview has been scheduled. Nothing in the mail yet so no idea when the interview is. How long is it usually from app being updated to the date of the interview?

36 minutes ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

I just got updated on the USCIS app on Saturday that my green card interview has been scheduled. Nothing in the mail yet so no idea when the interview is. How long is it usually from app being updated to the date of the interview?

A month-ish.

Timeline

We received our letter within a week of our status changing to 'scheduled' and our interview was about 6 weeks later.

Edited by calliope8

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.