visa992291

Wife wants to magically create a bank account out of thin air a month before her mom's interview

39 posts in this topic

Interview is end June and today middle May.

She, using MY MONEY which is tight....has got this idea in her head that she's gonna take my money....$3000 to $5000...and even sell a car to get it.

To setup a bank account in her mom's name in Mexico. a month before the interview.

Some people are super ignorant and stubborn. I said they will see that it was freshly opened....a bunch of zero balances or zero history and then magically $3000 appears for a month...

Ya, maybe a 3 or 6 month history you could CON the interviewer. 

Pissing me off because you're just now telling me this and she (my wife) has had TEN YEARS to try to get her mom to come for a visit. Kinda sickening.

So, now that my rant is almost over, is this something people do? Or am I correct in saying there is no point in doing that aside from pissing me off by stealing my money? Or is this a genius idea that helps with approval?

Edited by visa992291

1 minute ago, audaud said:

What kind of visa is your mother in law trying to get, and where is she from originally?

She wants to be able to visit for a week or 2 this summer to you know, see her daughter that she's seen 1 time in the last 10 years....granddaughter that she has only seen 1 time since she was born 4 years ago....and grand son that she has never seen (born Sept 2018). She's 66 years old --- and like 99.9999999% of Mexicans --- doesn't have a lot of assets.

I personally don't know all of her details since I don't really talk to her.

But I'm guessing 0 bank account....0 job...I guess she works or volunteers at the church. 

So in my estimation this would purely be a conversational interview. Depending on how the conversation/interview goes will decide approval/denial.

Thoughts? Guaranteed failure? 

3 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

First, going with that bank account idea, she will get 100% DENIED because they will see it as deceptive.

I don't think she needs trickery.  At her age, unless she has any kind of history of illegal immigration/deportation/etc, she should get approved for a tourist visa.  

I 100% agree with this. My wife literally just hit me with this ridiculous idea 20 minutes ago...

12 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

At her age, unless she has any kind of history of illegal immigration/deportation/etc, she should get approved for a tourist visa.  

She's never been outside of Mexico. No illegal immigration. No deportation. No criminal history. Super legit story. Never even applied for a visa although it would have been nice to have been over and done with this 5 years ago. But this is a first time experience.

They will not be looking at anything she brings with her to the interview, including documentation of a hastily faked bank account.  

Personally, I would have no part of any of that.  It is dishonest and bound to fail.  Tourist visas are granted entirely on the merits of the applicant, and aside from the immediate travel, misrepresenting any aspects of that can have catastrophic repercussions later, should she decide to attempt to immigrate.  

As others noted, the bank account won't help her get a visa. They rarely look at any documentation anyway.

In the rare even they do look at it form some reason, a sudden new account with a deposit is going to raise more questions than anything.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

As others have said , the visa probably won’t depend on a bank account.  Your wife should know that giving fake documentation is a way to sabotage a visa approval and make it harder in the future if not give her a ban.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.