Luisa_eris

How to End relationship

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, kris&me said:

New York is one 

Need a court order or order of protection in NY.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

About kicking him out ,  a lot depends if she has filed complaints of abuse in the past 

and if children are in the home that the authorities deem it necessary to protect 

most police don't force,  they ask the person to leave 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly as above, last two posts. Key thing is protect yourself, don't get into any arguments that could be used as abuse against you. Call the police or an attorney and see what rights you have to remove him. If you don't call to ask you won't know.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

There are laws in place to protect people like your spouse from this exact situation. How unfair would it be if you could marry someone who has no means of taking care of themselves move them in with you and then change your mind and put them on the street. You need to talk to your lawyer about getting him out of the house if that is what you want. Even if there is abuse involved you will have to go through the legal system.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I wonder if the OP could coax her spouse into leaving with $$$$$$?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you co mingled, stop   Pull the I864 to stop the immigration process. .   If you didn't then stop paying for non necessities that you have been paying for ( like his cell phone ) and other add on services like internet/cable that you don't need.  If he threatens you , call the police and keep them on until they arrive and then when he is removed file a protective order.  Between the lack of support for the I864 and the DV complaint he should be gone.  Remember he doesn't have to strick you for it to be domestic violence

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

*** Moved from Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports to " Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits" ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Whatever you do...do NOT change the locks on the house when he's gone out shopping/gone to work or whatever....he can call the police at that point to ensure he gains access to the marital home.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline
1 hour ago, missileman said:

I wonder if the OP could coax her spouse into leaving with $$$$$$?

Might set a precedent (in his mind) for him to always come back and ask for more...if he starts sees her as a cash cow at that point, what's to prevent him from doing it again?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Luisa_eris said:

Hello everyone! This is a very uncomfortable topic but I have exhausted all resources and asked many people and I still do not have a definite answer. So I am the US Citizen, my husband is the beneficiary. (Cuban). We married in November 2018 and filed AOS right away. At this point, our marriage is a living nightmare. I’ve asked him plenty of times to move out but he refuses to because he doesn’t have anyone in PA and wants to go forward with immigration process. I do not. I’ve asked lawyers that have told me I would have to wait a year of being married before I file for divorce since it will be considered contested. This is fine; but what do I do in the mean time? How do I get him to leave? Should I contact USCIS and let them know of the situation? He just received his employment authorization card. If you’re familiar with PA laws please advise. 

Write a letter to USCIS stating that you would like to withdraw your petition, at this point if the marriage is over he just wants to stay until he gets his Greencard, which is not fair. 

38 minutes ago, Honeybun said:

Write a letter to USCIS stating that you would like to withdraw your petition, at this point if the marriage is over he just wants to stay until he gets his Greencard, which is not fair. 

Maybe he feels he came here in good faith. There are always two sides.....That said. You need to stop AOS and withdraw the 864, as others have said, if that is what you want to do....

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Maybe he feels he came here in good faith. There are always two sides.....That said. You need to stop AOS and withdraw the 864, as others have said, if that is what you want to do....

Maybe, but I got played. My first husband was only there for his Greencard. He got it and Boom left me. So I always have this mentality that whoever you bring is only using you. I know it’s messed up but I just have my guard up.

6 hours ago, Luisa_eris said:

Hello everyone! This is a very uncomfortable topic but I have exhausted all resources and asked many people and I still do not have a definite answer. So I am the US Citizen, my husband is the beneficiary. (Cuban). We married in November 2018 and filed AOS right away. At this point, our marriage is a living nightmare. I’ve asked him plenty of times to move out but he refuses to because he doesn’t have anyone in PA and wants to go forward with immigration process. I do not. I’ve asked lawyers that have told me I would have to wait a year of being married before I file for divorce since it will be considered contested. This is fine; but what do I do in the mean time? How do I get him to leave? Should I contact USCIS and let them know of the situation? He just received his employment authorization card. If you’re familiar with PA laws please advise. 

I thought cubans could file their own aos 🤔 does anyone know if that was changed? They were the only group of immigrants that could do that, come however they could and just file on their own...🤔 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mellamanlola said:

I thought cubans could file their own aos 🤔 does anyone know if that was changed? They were the only group of immigrants that could do that, come however they could and just file on their own...🤔 

They can't any more. That was the whole wet foot/dry foot thing that Obama got rid of a few days before he left office. Now, they are treated like anybody else.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.