Greenbaum

MARCH 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes it is very hard to look at, but again no two cases are the same, no two adjudicators are the same. How can you base your case on another couple even if they are from the same country you are from. If you try not to do it  or even cut down you'll feel much better. You are going to need all your faculties about you once the time comes as your Embassy is particularly difficult so why not focus on your own case and it's merits?

I will try and do that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Got a notification about RFE from the new site, from yesterday's date :(. The old site still shows Case was received... I suggest my printed airline tickets and photos weren't good enough. I didn't keep any boarding passes from the two trips I did before I submitted the I-129F. I wasn't a US citizen at that time, so I entered Ukraine as its citizen, therefore no passport stamps either. We do have passports stamps from a third country (Georgia); not sure if that's enough...

I had another visit after I submitted the petition, and I kept everything from that one. Does anyone know whether it is OK to submit evidence dated after the petition date, for RFE purposes?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Sorry to hear about that. Was there anything else in your packet that might have been lacking? Did you and your fiance have personal statements in them? Declaring your intentions to marry and talking about how you fell in love?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, DR_UA said:

Got a notification about RFE from the new site, from yesterday's date :(. The old site still shows Case was received... I suggest my printed airline tickets and photos weren't good enough. I didn't keep any boarding passes from the two trips I did before I submitted the I-129F. I wasn't a US citizen at that time, so I entered Ukraine as its citizen, therefore no passport stamps either. We do have passports stamps from a third country (Georgia); not sure if that's enough...

I had another visit after I submitted the petition, and I kept everything from that one. Does anyone know whether it is OK to submit evidence dated after the petition date, for RFE purposes?

I assume that the RFE was for not providing evidence of having met within the last 2 years?

If both of you have passport stamps from Georgia that were stamped on the same day, I would copy the data page from BOTH passports, copy the page(s) with the stamps, and include a cover letter that gives details about the trip.  If you have photos together from the trip, print those off, along with any hotel receipts, restaurant receipts.

If you have friends or relatives who will write a statement attesting to your meeting, I would send that, along with a copy of their ID.

If you saved an electronic boarding pass in your phone (Apple Wallet) and it shows your name and the date, I would send that too.

You have one shot at this and I want you to get approved ASAP.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

I assume that the RFE was for not providing evidence of having met within the last 2 years?

If both of you have passport stamps from Georgia that were stamped on the same day, I would copy the data page from BOTH passports, copy the page(s) with the stamps, and include a cover letter that gives details about the trip.  If you have photos together from the trip, print those off, along with any hotel receipts, restaurant receipts.

If you have friends or relatives who will write a statement attesting to your meeting, I would send that, along with a copy of their ID.

If you saved an electronic boarding pass in your phone (Apple Wallet) and it shows your name and the date, I would send that too.

You have one shot at this and I want you to get approved ASAP.

I don't know what the RFE is about yet, so I was just guessing. I did include separate intent letters, so that shouldn't be a problem. If it is indeed about more proof of meeting in person, I will definitely get all I can get from the first 2 trips. I am just wondering whether I can use my new trip that happened after I submitted the application since I have much more convincing evidence about that one...

18 minutes ago, DR_UA said:

I don't know what the RFE is about yet, so I was just guessing. I did include separate intent letters, so that shouldn't be a problem. If it is indeed about more proof of meeting in person, I will definitely get all I can get from the first 2 trips. I am just wondering whether I can use my new trip that happened after I submitted the application since I have much more convincing evidence about that one...

Yes you can add your most recent trip if the are asking for additional meeting in person evidence.  Otherwise just answer the RFE with what is needed. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
2 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

Happy to finally post this! We officially got our NOA2 today, in 78 days!!!

We didn't get any updates on the website (new or old), no texts or emails. We only received the hard copy today in the mail, dated 5/30. 

The best part: We are together right now to celebrate ❤️

Congrats, fella! I know people shouldn't compare cases, but I'm gonna do it anyway and assume this means I'll get my NOA2 next week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

Congrats, fella! I know people shouldn't compare cases, but I'm gonna do it anyway and assume this means I'll get my NOA2 next week.

Don't want to make you feel bad, but my NOA1 is 03/08 and we haven't heard anything from the USCIS yet. Fiancé even called today and they said the same thing that's on the Case Status page. (vent) I know how everybody says "don't get anxious, let it happen etc" but the anxiety is eating me alive with people with the NOA1 after mine getting their NOA2s. (/vent ended). ANYHOW, I hope you get yours soon!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rita Rocha said:

Don't want to make you feel bad, but my NOA1 is 03/08 and we haven't heard anything from the USCIS yet. Fiancé even called today and they said the same thing that's on the Case Status page. (vent) I know how everybody says "don't get anxious, let it happen etc" but the anxiety is eating me alive with people with the NOA1 after mine getting their NOA2s. (/vent ended). ANYHOW, I hope you get yours soon!

Well in a way that's actually kind of reassuring. To see it's also normal not to get it within a certain time. Even if I don't get mine until the 20th of June I'll consider myself lucky. I was seriously planning at first on a 5 month waiting between NOA1 and 2. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rita Rocha said:

I totally understand & know how you feel, and I think everyone who is still waiting for their NOA2 will do too. I tell myself everyday to chill and patiently wait but some days are harder . I truly hope all of us March filers will get our NOA2 soon!!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.