Abcd1234

K1 denied islamabad

53 posts in this topic

We r totally heartbroken,  we both cried for long time and we pretty much don't have many options.

We cant get married in Pakistan ( plz dont ask me why , it is very personal) so we decided to apply k1.  We met many times during my long visit. We had proves of meetings in many places. hours long chats for many months ,photos.

Some of our photos in a hill resort where we stayed together for a day, which our parents were no aware, let officer think we were married.

He said he was sending case back to nvc and refused visa.

We cant live apart. To apply for cr1 we need to get married probably in 3rd country. It will consume lots of resources but we want to do it.

If still denied i will leave usa period. 

Reason for denial apparently seems we look too married However when she asked reason he said it doesn't make sense. Even though it was explained that marring in Pakistan is not possible. 

What we need to do regarding this k1? 

So sorry to hear about this.

Unfortunately, the case will be sent back and left to expire. We have heard of denials for couples who seem to be married but it always revolve around the couples having weeding ceremonies and such. This is the first time of me hearing a CO thinking you are married for spending too much time together. 

It seems you already have a backup plan you are willing to do, which is good. The key to surviving your relationship is overcoming trying times like this. You can certainly marry in a 3rd country and file for a spousal visa

Wish you the best of luck.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

6 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

So sorry to here about this.

Unfortunately, the case will be sent back and left to expire. We have heard of denials for couples who seem to be married but it always revolve around the couples having weeding ceremonies and such. This is the first time of me hearing a CO thinking you are married for spending too much time together. 

It seems you already have a backup plan you are willing to do, which is good. The key to surviving your relationship is overcoming trying times like this. You can certainly marry in a 3rd country and file for a spousal visa

Wish you the best of luck.

Our relationship is too strong to obstacles like this, no one can keep us apart, if not in usa then somewhere else. However expecting applicants to live in cultural norms only is wrong in my sense. 

Officer told her to admit we are married,  which how we can if we r not. Anyways.

Our deams are crushed,  but our love is stronger.

Tip: islamabad embassy,  only apply cr1 not k1. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There clearly was something somewhere, some pictures or party, or evidence that made the CO assume you were married. It is the applicant responsibility and obligation to prove to the embassy things. Something is missing from this but your only option now is CR-1 as noted. Nothing in this is easy, fast, or cheap. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

32 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

There clearly was something somewhere, some pictures or party, or evidence that made the CO assume you were married. It is the applicant responsibility and obligation to prove to the embassy things. Something is missing from this but your only option now is CR-1 as noted. Nothing in this is easy, fast, or cheap. 

No party, nothing. I think we had too much evidence compare to cultural norms. 

He simply didn't believe we were hanging out this much without being married. It is not a norm in Pakistan.  Having said that , do we need to stick to those norms? 

In a very conservative country, we both are open minded. Visiting that hill resort came into question many times, only me and her visited there. Simple clothes but many pictures. 

Anyways, we r screwed for now as per our plans, financially it will take a year out of my life.

Do we need to take petition back?

I am thinking marrying in 3rd country. Have a baby and then apply, 

If they still refuse it, we will give up on the system but not on ourselves.

I am hurt.

19 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

No party, nothing. I think we had too much evidence compare to cultural norms. 

He simply didn't believe we were hanging out this much without being married. It is not a norm in Pakistan.  Having said that , do we need to stick to those norms? 

In a very conservative country, we both are open minded. Visiting that hill resort came into question many times, only me and her visited there. Simple clothes but many pictures. 

Anyways, we r screwed for now as per our plans, financially it will take a year out of my life.

Do we need to take petition back?

I am thinking marrying in 3rd country. Have a baby and then apply, 

If they still refuse it, we will give up on the system but not on ourselves.

I am hurt.

If you were rejected because you looked too married, and not because of any other reason, then I'd say you've got a pretty good shot at getting the spousal visa. The disappointment is that the timeframe has changed which I can totally understand. And yes, I believe you can withdraw your application even if it's been sent back to expire - I'm not exactly sure how to go about it, but I think you contact the NVC, and make sure to do that before you apply for the CR-1.

It's your business only, but from an immigration perspective and from what I've seen previously here on VJ - my few cents would be to wait, if possible, with involving a baby until you know for sure you can both live together in the same country. Immigration is tough as it is. 

h

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

We r totally heartbroken,  we both cried for long time and we pretty much don't have many options.

We cant get married in Pakistan ( plz dont ask me why , it is very personal) so we decided to apply k1.  We met many times during my long visit. We had proves of meetings in many places. hours long chats for many months ,photos.

Some of our photos in a hill resort where we stayed together for a day, which our parents were no aware, let officer think we were married.

He said he was sending case back to nvc and refused visa.

We cant live apart. To apply for cr1 we need to get married probably in 3rd country. It will consume lots of resources but we want to do it.

If still denied i will leave usa period. 

Reason for denial apparently seems we look too married However when she asked reason he said it doesn't make sense. Even though it was explained that marring in Pakistan is not possible. 

What we need to do regarding this k1? 

So sorry you are going through this.   I think there is a big misconception in regards to the K-1 visa vs. Cr 1.  Many on VJ will tell you how important face time is but when working with Islamabad face time on a k1 can backfire.   Once you are married though the face time is VERY important be sure to have plenty evidence of it for your next application.    Marry refile and build your relationship together it will all work out InshaAllah!

45 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Some cultures do not allow a man and woman to be alone together without a family chaperone.  My guess is when the CO say them alone in pictures it was so against the culture that he had to assume they were married.

If that was all then the CR-1 is the way to go and should be approved.

We stayed together in hotel , that apparently made him think that, plus we had like 50 photos that we submitted,  many at different places, we were just enjoying each others company and thought all it would be good evidence to keep as well. Our parents were not aware of SOME of meetings that we clearly mentioned in petition. 

We told all truth, and got devastated. I wish our situation was taken into consideration. But yes it is time to move on.  We were talking like 4-6 hours every day for months before my visit. I wish that had be taken in account. 

I  guess it has to be culturally simple case to get through this embassy. Ours definitely wasnt.

We got hit very hard though, it will take time to get up

Edited by Abcd1234

Just now, Abcd1234 said:

We stayed together in hotel , that apparently made him think that, plus we had like 50 photos that we submitted,  many at different places, we were just enjoying each others company and thought all it would be good evidence to keep as well. Our parents were not aware of SOME of meetings that we clearly mentioned in petition. 

We told all truth, and got devastated. I wish our situation was taken into consideration. But yes it is time to move on.  We were taking like 4-6 hours every day for months before my visit. I wish that had be taken in account. 

I  guess it has to be culturally simple case to get through this embassy. Ours definitely wasnt.

We got hit very hard though, it will take time to get up

It is a difficult embassy.  This is not the end.  Just keep moving forward and you will get through this.  I don't believe a CR-1 will be a problem.  You can marry in a third country and file.  Good luck to you.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

25 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you do know under the Islamic laws that control Pakistan,  an  unmarried couple can not stay together in a hotel and/ or sleep together

this is why it looked like you were married

you must have had to prove marriage to the hotel 

If you visit different city,  hotels don't ask for any certificates. We were asked for nothing, ofcourse we didn't disclose anything either 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

If you visit different city,  hotels don't ask for any certificates. We were asked for nothing, ofcourse we didn't disclose anything either 

May be true but it is not the culture and shows you as married to embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If they think you are married then your only recourse is to marry. Having a baby what does that have to do with it. Just marry and file. Not marry have baby then file goodness that's another year or more away.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.