Abcd1234

K1 denied islamabad

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Kastrs said:

Do NOT have a baby for the purposes of immigration

just get married, follow cultural norms

it would be best to get married in Pakistan unless there is a very compelling reason why that is not possible

No not for immigration,  we were going to have baby anyways. Yes we will get married first. If they believe,  they believe if not what can we do. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Move to Pakistan would seem to be easiest.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

30 minutes ago, missileman said:

You have only 3 choice that I see:

1.  Remain unmarried, miserable, and visit whenever you can.

2.  Marry (either in Pak or elsewhere outside the US), and file a CR-1.

3.  Move to Pakistan or some country outside the US to live.

Life is too short to be miserable...Best of luck in your decision.

Thank you, best one yet.

Life is too short to be miserable 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
9 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

Our relationship is too strong to obstacles like this, no one can keep us apart, if not in usa then somewhere else. However expecting applicants to live in cultural norms only is wrong in my sense. 

Officer told her to admit we are married,  which how we can if we r not. Anyways.

Our deams are crushed,  but our love is stronger.

Tip: islamabad embassy,  only apply cr1 not k1. 

So very sorry.  I feel your pain.  Love will prevail.  Hugs...………...

11 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

We cant get married in Pakistan ( plz dont ask me why , it is very personal)

If you cannot get married in Pakistan, what will you do if you have no choice but to live there, in order to be with your partner?

Filed: Other Timeline
10 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

No party, nothing. I think we had too much evidence compare to cultural norms. 

He simply didn't believe we were hanging out this much without being married. It is not a norm in Pakistan.  Having said that , do we need to stick to those norms? 

In a very conservative country, we both are open minded. Visiting that hill resort came into question many times, only me and her visited there. Simple clothes but many pictures. 

Anyways, we r screwed for now as per our plans, financially it will take a year out of my life.

Do we need to take petition back?

I am thinking marrying in 3rd country. Have a baby and then apply, 

If they still refuse it, we will give up on the system but not on ourselves.

I am hurt.

I'm so sorry this happened. 😕 I had followed your story since reading the 200+ day club thread and had hoped for the best. I would suggest maybe going to Cyprus or somewhere that you can get a civil marriage in and applying for CR-1. I know some people in Lebanon use that as an option when they don't want to go the religious route for marriage, whatever their reasons are, so that might be an option worth considering.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

If you cannot get married in Pakistan, what will you do if you have no choice but to live there, in order to be with your partner?

I will choose my partner even over my life, any given day, i would love to choose her.

However living there would be my last option(but i m considering it), but we cant live without each other more than couple of more years.

As someone said life is short, so we will have it together.🙂, no matter how hurt i am, i am luckiest person to have her in my life, i got tears

Edited by Abcd1234

14 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

I will choose my partner even over my life, any given day, i would love to choose her.

However living there would be my last option(but i m considering it), but we cant live without each other more than couple of more years.

As someone said life is short, so we will have it together.🙂, no matter how hurt i am, i am luckiest person to have her in my life, i got tears

Of course, I get it.  Just wondered if you had considered that as a plan B, if the CR-1 process does not work out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Visitor User said:

Did you hire a lawyer to see what the best and convenient option is now?

Why hire a lawyer when VJ members have already laid out the options for free?

OP: If you are not able to get married in Pakistan, I suggest looking into the requirements for getting married in Hong Kong or Singapore.  Both have straightforward and relatively fast processes available for foreigners wanting to get married there.  Your fiancee will need to apply for a visit visa, though.

I wish you all the best in your journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ate said:

OP: If you are not able to get married in Pakistan, I suggest looking into the requirements for getting married in Hong Kong or Singapore.  Both have straightforward and relatively fast processes available for foreigners wanting to get married there.  Your fiancee will need to apply for a visit visa, though.

Many Visa free entries with Pakistan Passport. I think they may have to pick one based on convenience and get married there. 

8 hours ago, Ate said:

Yea, i m looking at this option already

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.