323 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi all,

Starting the February thread to share the journey with a few people. We sent the I-130 application January 31st from France to the Chicago lockbox. I know it arrived in the US on February 2nd but don't know if it has been delivery yet.

I am a french citizen and my wife is a US citizen. We met in Australia where we were both living in 2011 and got married in 2013. We got our first child in 2015 and, while Australia was great, we felt it was too far from our respective families. So we decided to move and I got a good job opportunity in France in June 2016. We thought my wife would be able to find a job speaking only english at first and learning french on the way. It hasn't worked that way so my wife stayed at home looking after our boy and taking french lessons. We got a second child in 2017. Now we have realised that, without speaking french, it will be very difficult for her to find a job in her field, and without a job it will be very difficult for her to become fluent in french as she spends most of her time looking after the kids. So we decided to move again, this time to the US. She has been applying for jobs and we hope she will get one from here and that we will be able to do DCF in Paris then but in the meantime we filed with USCIS to get the process started because it takes so long....

Good luck everyone.

For our story, look at my profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

We got our NOA1 in 2/4/2019 and our case got sent to Potomac. It seems like the processing times are always changing around, so no way of really knowing how long it could be I guess. My wife and I have been together for 6 and a half years. It'll be a long wait but we have to stay strong for one more year or so, good luck everyone!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is there a January  130? 

Parent of usc, pd jan 31. Manila PHILIPPINES, potomac service center

AOS from h2a visa, marriage based.

Filed I 130, I 485, I 131 and I 765 concurrently,

5/11/2018 Priority date; sent to Missouri, MSCxxxxxxxxx

6/15/2018 Biometrics appointment, Houston TX

7/11/2018 RFE for Birth Certificate

7/23/2018 Sent BC in response to RFE

7/31/2018 Confirmation of receipt of the BC

8/3/2018 received courtesy letter for medical 

8/6/2018 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

9/19/2018 EAD/AP approved

9/20/2018 EAD/AP card in production 

9/24/2018 EAD/AP card is ready to be mailed

9/25/2018 EAD/AP card is mailed, usps tracking included in online update

9/27/2018 EAD/AP card picked up at post office

I-130 for 2 husband's daughters (my step daughters) 10 and 17

5/11/2018 Priority Date; sent to Nebraska Service Center, LINxxxxxxxxx

Waiting game for ALL cases!

Timeline

Hi,

We received NOA1 on February 8, Nebraska Service Center. Estimated date of adjudication between November 12 and 19...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all.  dropbox Feb 1. electronic NOA1 on Feb 7. Texas service center

IR1/CR1 and IR2/CR2 important dates:

USCIS : Texas Service Center

NOA1: Feb 6 2019

NOA2: Aug 8, 2019

NVC Case#: Oct 10, 2019

NVC DQ:  Jan 6, 2020

Interview letter: Jan 23, 2020

Interview Date: Feb 25, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Caleb2168 said:

Hello I’m the beneficiary here , my wife filed the form 1-30 on 6th feb 19 and the money was deducted on the 13th .. please what does it mean? 

We just filed and I'm certainly no expert, but as I understand it means your petition was received by USCIS and will be sent to a processing center. You should be receiving your NOA1 with your receipt number soon.  Maybe someone else can chime in if I'm wrong. 

Edited by GraceJ21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hello everyone! Just abandoned my K-1 process (started in November 2018) and sent in my I-130 package today. Bummed we lost a little time, but we decided to get married early. Looking forward to a short wait. Good luck everyone!

Edited by jtex2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi!

I'm the USC and my spouse is Spanish. We are doing everything we can to stay together while the immigration papers are processed. We FedExed our I-130 on February 15 from Europe, and it was received on February 19. Haven't gotten the NOA yet, of course. But the process has finally started!

Marriage: 2019-01-10

I-130 NOA1: 2019-02-15

I-129f Notice Date: 2019-07-11

I-130 Approved, NOA2: 2019-08-08 (170 days)

Sent to NVC: 2019-09-03

NVC case number: 2019-10-04

Submitted document to NVC: 2019-10-22

CC/DQ: 2019-11-18

Embassy interview: 2020-01-18

(all dates in yyyy-mm-dd)

USC and Dutch spouse, both in The Netherlands, submitted our package via mail on the 15th.

For some reason the tracking doesnt show anything, so we are waiting on the NOA to tell us it arrived.. waiting for any news is just terrible. I wont mind it as much if I just know they received it. Patience.. 

Timeline

Hi there! We filed our package this week and it should be arriving today. We’re living in Ireland and I can’t wait until this process is over lol! My husband is the US-citizen. I know that we sent all documents needed, but I am still nervous that we missed something... 

Married: 01/26/2019

I130 NOA1 (PD): 02/20/2019 (Nebraska)

K3 NOA1 (PD): 05/29/2019 

I-130 NOA2: 07/18/2019

*waiting for NVC case number*

Hello all!

My spouse and I were married abroad on 2/5 and I mailed our package to the Phoenix Lockbox on 2/11 (I had almost everything really ready to go!) Just received my electronic notice today (02/20/19) that our I-130 has been received and routed to the Nebraska Service Center. I haven't heard great things about that particular center, so my fingers are crossed that things move quicker than anticipated. My spouse is a Lithuanian citizen living in Norway and we are planning as much time together this summer as possible, hopefully that will help us ignore the long wait. Fingers crossed for all of us that have to endure this. ❤️

Timeline
21 hours ago, Talking_Potato said:

USC and Dutch spouse, both in The Netherlands, submitted our package via mail on the 15th.

For some reason the tracking doesnt show anything, so we are waiting on the NOA to tell us it arrived.. waiting for any news is just terrible. I wont mind it as much if I just know they received it. Patience.. 

Hi,

Try your tracking number on the USPS website. I mailed mine from France with tracking and after it got to the US there was no more update on the French post website but the USPS one had all the details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.