323 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys, hope everybody is doing well.

I just checked the processing time in Nebraska and it moved from.. 2 days only!!!

Its now on June 25 which means it take them 10 months to give  the approval for NOA2.

I am devastated.

Can someone explain to me why the difference between 5 difference office can be so different?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, Nivins said:

I just checked the processing time in Nebraska and it moved from.. 2 days only!!!

Its now on June 25 which means it take them 10 months to give  the approval for NOA2.

I am devastated.

Can someone explain to me why the difference between 5 difference office can be so different?

I am afraid no one knows....

For our story, look at my profile.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:13 AM, Nivins said:

I am devastated.

Because Nebraska wants to prioritize LPR petitions over USC petitions for political reasons.  

Everyone is afraid to rock the boat and are ok with giving excuses. More actions to demand answers is needed. Contact your Congress person and don't take a generic response for an answer demand inquiries. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, JMPM said:

Because Nebraska wants to prioritize LPR petitions over USC petitions for political reasons.  

Everyone is afraid to rock the boat and are ok with giving excuses. More actions to demand answers is needed. Contact your Congress person and don't take a generic response for an answer demand inquiries. 

If that is the case, wouldn't we see a bunch of petitions approved in a shorter time (the LPR ones) and then another bunch later (the USC ones)? From the VJ statistics they are approving May's petition now. Or do you mean the USC petitions will take even longer to be approved?

Potomac approves petitions in less than 4 months, to me it looks more like a major workload balance issue!

For our story, look at my profile.

11 minutes ago, JulienR said:

If that is the case, wouldn't we see a bunch of petitions approved in a shorter time (the LPR ones) and then another bunch later (the USC ones)? From the VJ statistics they are approving May's petition now. Or do you mean the USC petitions will take even longer to be approved?

Potomac approves petitions in less than 4 months, to me it looks more like a major workload balance issue!

That's if they even come back to change their timelines. Remember they are in a long wait they will forget to come back here to update. 

And yes Potomac is more on the 3 months side. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 3/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, Rosie91 said:

For us it took a little longer too,  18 days and than we received it by mail.

some people are waiting for 4 weeks, not sure why.

They ended up rejecting the applications because they were filled out on old forms and we never realized. Sent the new packet in March 8th, priority date March 19th. Biometrics appointment is April 18th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We got married 2/11/19  in court and I filed for my spouse (who is overseas) on 02-22-19.

NOA1 was 02-25 and I just understood what the letters by the receipt numbers mean today!

Our case is at the Nebraska service center.  Still waiting and hoping the processing times get better.

Good luck to everyone!

On 4/15/2019 at 2:33 PM, Aiydee said:

Hi everyone!

We got married 2/11/19  in court and I filed for my spouse (who is overseas) on 02-22-19.

NOA1 was 02-25 and I just understood what the letters by the receipt numbers mean today!

Our case is at the Nebraska service center.  Still waiting and hoping the processing times get better.

Good luck to everyone!

We have TSC and our date is 2-20-19. So hoping we get out N2 between this month to July. What I don’t get is why did the TSC timeline go from July to June. Does the timeline go back-words or front. 

Edited by M+Z💓

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Texas Service Center sure is slowing down.  *Frustrated*  every day the estimated dates get pushed back farther.

IR1/CR1 and IR2/CR2 important dates:

USCIS : Texas Service Center

NOA1: Feb 6 2019

NOA2: Aug 8, 2019

NVC Case#: Oct 10, 2019

NVC DQ:  Jan 6, 2020

Interview letter: Jan 23, 2020

Interview Date: Feb 25, 2020

On 4/22/2019 at 11:14 PM, M+Z💓 said:

We have TSC and our date is 2-20-19. So hoping we get out N2 between this month to July. What I don’t get is why did the TSC timeline go from July to June. Does the timeline go back-words or front. 

Hey! I don't want to burst the bubble here, but the process time for Texas is also around 10 months. It could have been worse; Nebraska, my estimate is 12 months according to vj.

If you upload your timeline here on vj, it will give you an estimate on when the I-130 will be approved.

good luck!

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Feb Filers in Potomac if you're PD is before 2/14 you might have already been approved, or sent an RFE check out  your case numbers.  Congratulations! 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:07 PM, GraceJ21 said:

We got our NOA1 in 2/4/2019 and our case got sent to Potomac. It seems like the processing times are always changing around, so no way of really knowing how long it could be I guess. My wife and I have been together for 6 and a half years. It'll be a long wait but we have to stay strong for one more year or so, good luck everyone!

Hi, Potomac is very efficient. I filed in Jan 2019 and got my husband's approval April 8 2019. It will come.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:07 PM, snowdog said:

Hello all!

My spouse and I were married abroad on 2/5 and I mailed our package to the Phoenix Lockbox on 2/11 (I had almost everything really ready to go!) Just received my electronic notice today (02/20/19) that our I-130 has been received and routed to the Nebraska Service Center. I haven't heard great things about that particular center, so my fingers are crossed that things move quicker than anticipated. My spouse is a Lithuanian citizen living in Norway and we are planning as much time together this summer as possible, hopefully that will help us ignore the long wait. Fingers crossed for all of us that have to endure this. ❤️

Heads up , Nebraska is a long wait.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:13 AM, Nivins said:

I am devastated.

Some service centers process more immigration issues, while others specifically adjudicate cr/ir1 or k visas. 

Potomac don't do as many different cases as nebraska or texas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.