323 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AMS13 said:

Hey guys,

For those of you who received electronic notices about the case being received, can you tell me if you placed your G-1145 e-notification form at the very top (even on top of the cover letter)? or did you just put it right underneath the cover letter and on top of the i-130 petition forms?

It was my second form. G-1450 then G-1145.  I had two one for me and one for my wife email but they only texted me. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

20 minutes ago, AMS13 said:

That's weird. I also had two, they were right beneath my cover and explanation letters, however, we didn't get nothing.

When did you send it in? 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Just now, AMS13 said:

Early this month, so I can safely say that it has been at least more than 2 weeks. Yet, we didn't get any emails, texts, or mailed notices yet.

Well I am sure they got it. You did tracking? Did you pay by check, or credit card? I got my NOA1 in the mail just a little over two weeks. Once you get that you can sign up for a USCIS account and add it for status tracking.   I guess sometimes whomever processes the paperwork rather process it then get you setup for the notification. 

I hope you get lucky and get put at a different service center than I got. 

1 minute ago, JMPM said:

Well I am sure they got it. You did tracking? Did you pay by check, or credit card? I got my NOA1 in the mail just a little over two weeks. Once you get that you can sign up for a USCIS account and add it for status tracking.   I guess sometimes whomever processes the paperwork rather process it then get you setup for the notification. 

I hope you get lucky and get put at a different service center than I got. 

What center did you get?

Just now, AMS13 said:

What center did you get?

Nebraska :(

Just now, AMS13 said:

Same here. I found out when I called them that they've received it. I did all you said earlier.

Nebraska isn't that bad, I think, no?

I don't know I have a co-worker that recently did a petition for his wife and two kids. He's from the Dominican Republic, and his wife is also, but he said it took him just under 7 months and he also got Nebraska. My wife is from the Philippines, but we have no kids, and she had two prior visas for the J-1 programs. I met her while she was on her 2nd program.  So I am crossing my fingers that it clears quickly as well. I am ready for the NVC part already, well need this years tax returns but that should be good to go when the case hits the NVC phase. 

4 minutes ago, JMPM said:

I am ready for the NVC part already, well need this years tax returns but that should be good to go when the case hits the NVC phase. 

Yeah! But according to USCIS they'll take between 7.5 to 10 months to approve cases, if that's accurate at all.

So, see ya next 7.5-10 months :D.

When did your friend apply? and when did he get approved?

1 minute ago, AMS13 said:

Yeah! But according to USCIS they'll take between 7.5 to 10 months to approve cases, if that's accurate at all.

So, see ya next 7.5-10 months :D.

When did your friend apply? and when did he get approved?

Oct was she finally came over to Florida. I never asked when he started. I'll ask him tomorrow. 

Blessed day to aLL. 

I am currently finishing up Our Packet for i-130 to send hopefully by March. I am Looking for Help with some of the clarifications in The Forms On what should i really Answer. Hopefully You can help me.. 

1. In Page 4 Part 3- Form i130- 2-about the Race im confuse on what to tick as my Husband is Spanish American .? 

2. Other Names Used- should i put already my Married Name there even though i dont Have Id's yet that indicate i change My family name? (We've been married for 3months)

ThankYou In Advance EveryOne.. 

GodBless us aLL in This Journey ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, AMS13 said:

Early this month, so I can safely say that it has been at least more than 2 weeks. Yet, we didn't get any emails, texts, or mailed notices yet.

It can take some time getting a notice or email from USCIS, it can take up to a month to receive a notice. We got ours at 3rd week, so just be patient.

Also, G1145 is kind of useless now since you will still get emails and you can get all the information online, you can also sign up to get emails and text on USCIS website without filing G1145.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.