paristousa

I'm so unhappy

26 posts in this topic

I moved here only a couple of months ago to live with my USC husband. So I am now a permanent resident/green card holder. 

I'm really unhappy here. I'm not homesick, i hate my home, but all I want is to go back home. I dont really want to get into the specifics of it because this is not a relationship guidance site, but my husband has not made me feel welcome at all. He leaves me in the house all day alone whilst he sleeps. He doesnt work. He games all night. Its just not what I envisioned my life to be. He obviously brought me here to support him financially. 

Just now, paristousa said:

Sorry, I didn't finish that message off. What I meant to say is, i'm going home so what do I need to do? Do I just leave the country or do I need to contact immigration and hand my greencard back. I don't need it.

Think you should have a heart to heart talk with your husband before making any rash decisions. Something must have been right between you two for you to marry him in the first place.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It is entirely up to you about the situation between your husband and you. 

When it comes to your green card, you can fill out the form I-407. All information is found here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-407

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything works out. Good luck. x

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
34 minutes ago, paristousa said:

i'm going home so what do I need to do? Do I just leave the country or do I need to contact immigration and hand my greencard back. I don't need it.

If you are dead set on this, then you will have to divorce sooner or later (in order to completely end it); I'll address it later in this post. You can leave and then officially abandon (Form I-407) your LPR status at the USCIS Rome office (they have jurisdiction for France): https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/italy-uscis-rome-field-office Then you can do an international divorce. Another option is to seperate from your husband and relocate within the US. Then you can also divorce. After divorce is finalized, you can apply for Removal of Conditions (if applicable): https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/divorce-your-conditional-residence-status-how-file-divorce-waiver-with-form-i-751.html The other option is to reconcile/talk with your husband, as another user suggested.

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

8 hours ago, paristousa said:

Thank for your replies. Yes I have my mind made up I am leaving. I know he just brought me here so i could support him financially. It just sucks. But, it is what it is! 

Are you by a chance a Registered Nurse from the Philippines?

I have known a few guys including some of my friends who married RN from there for the financial reward

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

Are you by a chance a Registered Nurse from the Philippines?

I have known a few guys including some of my friends who married RN from there for the financial reward

No, I'm not a nurse and I'm from France 

11 hours ago, TM92 said:

If you are dead set on this, then you will have to divorce sooner or later (in order to completely end it); I'll address it later in this post. You can leave and then officially abandon (Form I-407) your LPR status at the USCIS Rome office (they have jurisdiction for France): https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/italy-uscis-rome-field-office Then you can do an international divorce. Another option is to seperate from your husband and relocate within the US. Then you can also divorce. After divorce is finalized, you can apply for Removal of Conditions (if applicable): https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/divorce-your-conditional-residence-status-how-file-divorce-waiver-with-form-i-751.html The other option is to reconcile/talk with your husband, as another user suggested.

So I could possibly stay, despite the fact that we would be seperated? 

Just now, paristousa said:

Yes,  you can stay and apply for ROC with a divorce waiver.

Don't do anything hasty. Learn and think about your options before you decide to go back home....Good luck)

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, paristousa said:

Yes 100%. You should divorce right away (or move out first), then when you need to apply for the 10 year Greencard, use the Divorce papers for the I-751. Sorry about your situation. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ann&James said:

Think you should have a heart to heart talk with your husband before making any rash decisions. Something must have been right between you two for you to marry him in the first place.

Yeah! OP's bank account was right for HIM.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, paristousa said:

So I could possibly stay, despite the fact that we would be separated? 

Just curious: why would you want to stay? 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.