Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About TM92

  • Rank
    Platinum Member
  • Member # 281998

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Adjustment of Status (pending)
  • Place benefits filed at
    National Benefits Center
  • Local Office
    San Francisco CA
  • Country
    El Salvador

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

3,407 profile views
  1. Why do you keep posting blatantly incorrect info? A SS card with "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" CAN be used for employment. A SS card with "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" is NOT a List C I-9 document. A SS card with "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" is NOT an unrestricted SS card. This proves my statement above. You also missed the table titled "c. Legend on SSN card based on evidence of employment authorization"
  2. Hmm, odd. Its obvious that your husband is divorced from his ex. Maybe USCIS wants proof that your husband was residing in DR when the divorce in DR happened (since DR has been known as a "divorce mill"):
  3. For future reference (e.g. ROC, if applicable; or if you know someone that's going to file I-130 and/or I-485), USCIS now accepts credit cards and debit cards: https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-expands-credit-card-payment-option-fees From a quick glance everything looks good. Just 1 thing; the I-864 can be a sub-packet included in the I-485 packet. For example, it can be listed as #13 of the I-485 cover letter and #2-6 can be listed as a-e; thus a I-864 cover letter would be redundant and not necessary.
  4. Not an issue as long as the marriage is legal where it took place and the I-130 was filed after the very easy USCIS definition of consumated; https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/proxy-marriage-validity.html:
  5. Here is a guide: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos
  6. EAD is issued by NBC so it shouldn't affect EAD processing time, just confirm that USCIS receives your address change so the EAD gets to you; there have been times that their system has not updated properly. There is a risk that the move could delay AOS processing time.
  7. Exactly. @Hank_, see RM 10211.510: https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211510
  8. Yes; either GC or I-551 stamp in foreign passport, NOT EAD.
  9. Not automatically. We all know USCIS is a SILO; a SSA officer (or SSA HQ if manual verification is required) has to check that info matches since only certain people can get unrestricted SS cards; https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/who-issued-document:
  10. Yes. This link might give you a rough idea: https://www.alliescomputing.com/support/how-to-address-uk-mail-correctly Looking up the postcode results in knowing the UK country (e.g. Wales, England, etc.); so no need to include the UK country name at all.
  11. Yes. The US Citizen also fills out I-864. If her income is not sufficient then your friend's income can be used since he is working legally with the TPS EAD; in that case I-864A (without his signature) is also used: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter14-17.html If their income is not sufficient then let us know and we can provide more advice. Or disregard the info above about I-864 and I-864A if he is exempt of the I-864 requirements: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter14-15.html If this is the case, he must submit I-864W instead.
  12. Yes. But then go again after AOS is approved to remove "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" language. An unrestricted SS card is a great I-9 List C document: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents/list-documents/form-i-9-acceptable-documents
  13. TM92


    Ditto; your response was also an assumption. I said "There is no customs checkpoint when departing the US." The onus is still on the OP to find the CBP officers and submit FinCEN Form 105 and any other required forms: https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/102872/how-to-submit-required-forms-to-customs-when-leaving-usa
  14. When she turns 14 she has 30 days to file I-90 with only the $85 fee for biometrics: https://www.murthy.com/2018/02/07/special-renewal-requirements-for-green-cards-issued-to-minors/ Also, if you become a US Citizen before she turns 18, then she will automatically become a US Citizen as well. At that point, she can get a US passport (getting the passport book AND card is recommended; a Certificate of Citizenship is optional for her, thus not recommended): https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/us-citizenship/Child-Citizenship-2000-Sections-320-322-INA.html
  • Create New...