Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

NO. The beneficiary needs to supply a PC for the interview. The petitioner needs to provide financials as outlined below. The petitioner has already been screened during the NOA1-NOA2 from several data bases especial from Homeland Security and the FBI.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Awesome, Thank you @Greenbaum for clarifying. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Fernando&Steven said:

Wait... so Petitioner and Beneficiary have to provide police records, employer letter and all that?

No, I'm just saying that the ds160 asks a few question about ocupation and income of the applicant.

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The documents (police certificates and employment letters included) that you are gathering for the interview should not be older then 6 months. The only thing that requires the petitioners signature (original) is the I-134. So bring it to give to him. Everything else can be scanned and emailed for him to printout there just before the interview.

Perfect, thanks!

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So here is a good question. I have been trying to gather evidence about on my fiance and I communicate. I know everyone says show emails but hehehe I noticed we rarely emailed. We use facebook for well that is basically the only way we communicate. I know I will be screenshotting chats from each month over the past year if it goes back that far but one thing I am noticing is that there does not seem to be a way or I have not been able to find a way over these last 4 hours and 36 minutes, a way to find an entire video chat log... I know mobile shows like a basic view of a dozen or so and does not seem to go back any further. I found out you can download your call logs but those are your actual call logs from your phone and not the video chat it seems. 

So question is: Does anyone know if there is a way to find video call logs on Facebook, or if they option exists???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, RBandAn said:

I did not ask about how to get the case number!!!  Read my comment again, dude.  My comment was specifically in reference to DATES.  Dates, man.  Nowhere in my comment to I ask how to get the case number.  I was wondering how people that have populated their timelines got the SPECIFIC DATE.  I don't think I could have been any more clear.  Our case was received by the NVC and we have a case number and IIN.  However, I do not know the DATES that any of those occurred.  Are people just guessing a DATE or entering and approximate DATE?  Or are they getting an actual DATE somewhere.  I would like to know for purposes of adding to my own timeline.  It seems like I am missing something.  Thanks again!!

Are you okay. dude

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well we got our case number today it was issued on 11-29-2018 they got our file 11-14-2018 thank God praise God now we need prayers for approval in our interview good luck to everyone out there I pray we are all with our loved ones before long. 

Edited by Lovers4life

2 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

So here is a good question. I have been trying to gather evidence about on my fiance and I communicate. I know everyone says show emails but hehehe I noticed we rarely emailed. We use facebook for well that is basically the only way we communicate. I know I will be screenshotting chats from each month over the past year if it goes back that far but one thing I am noticing is that there does not seem to be a way or I have not been able to find a way over these last 4 hours and 36 minutes, a way to find an entire video chat log... I know mobile shows like a basic view of a dozen or so and does not seem to go back any further. I found out you can download your call logs but those are your actual call logs from your phone and not the video chat it seems. 

So question is: Does anyone know if there is a way to find video call logs on Facebook, or if they option exists???

The object of showing communicate is to demonstrate to the CO that you are still a couple and that you communicate on a regular basis since the inception of your relationship. So, all you need is a sprinkling from each month for the time period you desire. That's it. The interviewing CO doesn't spend a lot of time looking at your evidence other then to scan and ascertain that the relationship is genuine. You can spend hours trying to make it work your way.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Posts violating the TOS (abusive language) removed along with posts quoting.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

4 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

I also use Facebook messenger to communicate with my fiancé and I also found a way to download all of our messages. You can do it one of two ways: 1. You can go to your general account settings, then "your Facebook information,"  then "download your information" , then you can scroll to the information that you want to download (i.e. messages).  

The second way if you want more specific dates is through a Facebook chat downloader. Please see the link to the article for more specifics: https://www.lifewire.com/find-your-facebook-chat-history-1949310

I used the second method in my initial application to show our communication. I didn't get too crazy though. I selected some logs from a couple of days in some of the months, just enough to show continuous communication.

I hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Snuffles said:

For me it wasn’t free. But granted I’m from Australia and might be more because of my phone plan. It was only a few dollars. Others may have different stories? 

skype has worked for us pretty good

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Superman 614 said:

Well more good news

NOA1 REC: MAY 25TH

NOA1 APPROVED: NOV 7TH

NVC CASE NUMBER GENERATED: NOV 31ST and NVC said it'd be sent to the embassy next week. Pretty pumped to see everything moving pretty smooth, best wishes to everyone else and hopefully y'alls are moving smooth to.

Next week? Awesome!! It seems that lately they ship out to the embassy every 2 weeks but hearing that they told you next week gives me hope that they will send ours as well!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, RBandAn said:

Can someone please enlighten me as to how everyone is getting the case dates for the following to enter in to their profiles?

NVC Received :    ____________
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :    ____________
NVC Left :    ____________

I sent a message via the https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html  link on November 14th and got an email reply on the 24th.  That email simply stated that my case was received, but no date.  The email response also went on to say "We will send NVC processing instructions within 8 weeks. Please resubmit your inquiry if you have not received any information after 8 weeks.".

8 weeks!!?!?!??!!!!  This doesn't seem to align with timelines that I am seeing on here, where one couple (same country) I noticed already has an interview set up and their NOA2 date was only about a week before ours.  Is everyone calling them to obtain these various dates for their timelines?  I an not understanding how people are getting these.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

They are calling.

I called once, a couple of weeks ago, and was told the date NVC received and to wait 8 weeks for a case #. I may call again in a couple of weeks to see if there is a case number.

There are people, who obviously have more time than I do, who call obsessively, which only adds to their anxiety and increases wait times for people with TRUE issues to get through to NVC. Dont be one of them. Calling more does not make them do anything faster. Once a week is MORE than sufficient, and once every 2 would be even better. You will be notified when it moves arrives at the consulate.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Few questions.

Its been two weeks since we received a NOA2 in mail. Do you think we should start calling soon to find out if they have our case number ready?

I assume the petitioner receives letter from NVC, does the beneficiary need to have it for medical or interview? A bit confused what confirmation the beneficiary should be having in London attending both.

Anyone has an example of how certified translation letters look like? Any samples of signed statement confirming that the translation is accurate here on VJ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.