33 posts in this topic

My fiancee went to her interview today in Japan.the co was very stern with her from the beginning. We been seeing each other since 2011. 7 times. We had all the documents pics and everything else. I was married before and so was she. We're both legally devorced but she was asking her(are you sure he's only bring you?)  And at the end my wife got no information from the co. She just say ok and left the room. This is playing with people life here. How can they be like this?

Sad american.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sad american said:

My fiancee went to her interview today in Japan.the co was very stern with her from the beginning. We been seeing each other since 2011. 7 times. We had all the documents pics and everything else. I was married before and so was she. We're both legally devorced but she was asking her(are you sure he's only bring you?)  And at the end my wife got no information from the co. She just say ok and left the room. This is playing with people life here. How can they be like this?

Sad american.

Sorry for the experience..

but a question: is it your wife or fiancé?

and what was the interview like, what questions were asked? 

Sorry my fiancee.

I.was married twice before. 1st from Boston Mass. Latina. And the second one from Vietnam. She was asking about a devirce decree from my 2nd wife. She was asking my fiancee (are you sure he's devorced??) I couldn't find my Vietnamese wife in Vietnam, we just separated, so I went to.us court and they sent a registered letter to her but she never replied. 90 passed so the court granted me a devorce of grounds  of wife abandoned marriage. But the co I don't think believe this. I have paperwork to show from the court and I stopped the Visa so she never came to the states.

Sorry about the long reply.. but I think this is what she's not beleiveing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Did you petition any of your 2 previous wives before? What kind of questions did the CO ask your fiancee?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate thread remove. Please don't start more then one thread for the same topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

5 hours ago, Sad american said:

Consular officers know what they do, they interview thousands of people and are good in reading people and /or cases.  If there is no lie or anything to hide, you two will be fine.

She just left the room or denied the visa? Or just left the room maybe to talk to her supervisor chief of CS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

did you petitioned your previous spouses? 

that'S weird, Japan is not considered a high fraud country and the process is relative easier.

Did she bring all your and her divorces decree?

if you petitioned or sponsor your 2 previous wives, is pretty normal to get more scrutiny on your case.

did she got any notification or formal letter of denial? 

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It's not out of the ordinary, considering your relationship history and particularly if you sponsored one or both of the previous spouses.

Just curious for some clarification - you said you and your wife from Vietnam were separated, and you were told there was grounds for divorce based on marriage abandonment. Was that ever fulfilled entirely? Do you have a divorce decree for this? You mentioned your fiancé being questioned about one - perhaps it was that one? (I may have misread something) If that's the case - yeah, they're absolutely going to want to see that and affirm that before they approve her.

Many others have asked but again - did she leave without a decision, or leave with a definitive denial? There is a difference. If they kept her passport especially, they are likely considering it on AP (Administrative Processing) until the requested information or paperwork is provided (such as the referenced divorce decree).

Not to negate your emotions, as it is of course very frustrating, but things like divorce decrees are pretty important and part of the things mentioned as necessary to provide when reviewing the various instructions for this process. If this was left out, don't blame the CO or embassy. Verifying that kind of info is part of their job, and the process.

Hopefully that's all it is so you can provide that and you guys can move forward.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

If you did bring your ex-wife (from Vietnam) using fiance visa or spouse visa before, the officer will be more strict. They just doing their work to make sure that it is not a fraud. CO will ask lots of questions about your previous marriage to ensure that your fiancee aware how many times you had married before and to make sure that your relationship with your fiancee is real. By asking all that question, they can know whether your fiancee knows about your past and personal matter or not. The CO asked your fiance "Are you sure, he only bring you?", what did your fiancee answer? 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

OP,  how long ago did you get the divorce decree from your second wife (Vietnam)? and can you tell us the questions the CO asked your fiancee?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Apart from here on VJ have you been calling your fiancee your wife? Sometimes if they see you referring to your fiancee as your wife, they start to think she really is your wife and you can actually get into trouble for that. Has happened before here on VJ. They get really hung up on it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.