Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, JustRaq said:

I sent in my application to the USCIS and noticed that the attorney made a mistake in the gender column for my fiancé and checked “male” instead of “female.” Clearly from the evidence through the pictures that I sent with the application, my fiancé is a female while I am a male. So would something like this cause a delay in our process? What is the best thing to do to solve this problem if necessary? 

Don’t worry!! 

Our attorney made mistakes too. I’d let USCIS review the petition and seek further information as requested. We are expecting an RFE. AOS we will do ourselves. I see a few errors on our petition, which wouldn’t have happened if we done the application ourselves. Sometimes attorneys are more hindrance. As they are working on December, I’d say just leave it in their hands. Don’t worry. What you pointed out is a concept of common sense which I’m sure they could apply. 

Be happy December processing has finally arrived!!

Jon 🍀  

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, jakejon said:

Don’t worry!! 

Our attorney made mistakes too. I’d let USCIS review the petition and seek further information as requested. We are expecting an RFE. AOS we will do ourselves. I see a few errors on our petition, which wouldn’t have happened if we done the application ourselves. Sometimes attorneys are more hindrance. As they are working on December, I’d say just leave it in their hands. Don’t worry. What you pointed out is a concept of common sense which I’m sure they could apply. 

Be happy December processing has finally arrived!!

Jon 🍀  

Sometimes you cant tell gender by looking at a photo anymore. Hell sometimes you cant even tell when the person is right in front of you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
9 hours ago, JustRaq said:

I sent in my application to the USCIS and noticed that the attorney made a mistake in the gender column for my fiancé and checked “male” instead of “female.” Clearly from the evidence through the pictures that I sent with the application, my fiancé is a female while I am a male. So would something like this cause a delay in our process? What is the best thing to do to solve this problem if necessary? 

We also made a known error on our application.  We don't know if it will result in an RFE or not, but I've been told that an RFE can usually be resolved in a matter of a few weeks, as long as you're able to provide the information they request right away.  I also inquired about trying to fix our application before it was adjudicated, but there is no guarantee that your fix would even be applied in time or applied correctly.  Your best bet is to just wait and see what they ask for, if anything.  If you get an RFE, it should only delay your process briefly if you respond right away.

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

A new week, new chances. Lets hope our adjudicators are in a good mood and make good progress this week.

Keep an eye on your mailboxes people, both digitally and snail. Your approval might be coming this week.

You are just 4 days before my date , hope you get your approval soon !!!! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I just contacted USCIS in regards to an ETA and they told me I should have a response before 18 days and or within 2 weeks, rep sounded certain of that information. Hopefully this information is correct, im a December 8th applicant. 

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, DinaSRaafat said:

I just received the approval letter yaaay!! Weird thing is the website and application still says case received.

so now what do i do? 

Sit back and wait love. Please tell us your NOA1 date as it’s not completed on your VJ timeline. Be pleased which I’m sure you so are☝️

Edited by jakejon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.