Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
6 hours ago, edoginasia said:

So start is case number..and this guideline

Is there a fast way to get the case number?  and what is average days of getting this number..

Thank you again..

It took us 17 days to get our case number...some are lucky and got it in 10 days. But it seems like at the moment 14-17 days waiting is norm. But you can start call g the nvc after 10 days and see if you are lucky and get it early. No other faster way to get the case number, another waiting game, just good news is it’s not 7-8 months waiting  😜

Edited by TogoAfrica

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, TogoAfrica said:

It took us 17 days to get our case number...some are lucky and got it in 10 days. But it seems like at the moment 14-17 days waiting is norm. But you can start call g the nvc after 10 days and see if you are lucky and get it early. No other faster way to get the case number, another waiting game, just good news is it’s not 7-8 months waiting  😜

did you get your case number in the nvc in the letter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
6 hours ago, Masha_777 said:

did you get your case number in the nvc in the letter?

No, I just have it from calling. Not sure when you get it in the mail

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

No, I just have it from calling. Not sure when you get it in the mail

oh, thank you. then we will call in one week I think and ask our number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/3/2018 at 7:15 PM, Luna3716 said:

Hi! Our RFE was 6/18 (did not get the RFE letter until 6/25), sent docs back 6/25, USCIS received 6/26, our NOA2 is 7/18. So it took about 3 weeks. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your experience.. I can’t wait to get it done 🙏🏻

Timeline
On 8/3/2018 at 8:07 PM, Mary Oberte said:

Hey, guys! We received RFE today, finally it is better than silent .. how long it takes to be approved after uscis will get our docs again? We are sending letter back to uscis today .. 🙏🏻

they approved us in 18 days after we sent answer to rfe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown rather large, so it's being closed.  The continuation thread is here:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/680573-december-2017-i-129f-filers-part-ii/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.