zee19

Marriage headed in downward spiral

32 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Noe&Estella said:

First and foremost seek Christ. Ask Him to guide you and that'll surely not be a divorce. Find a church ⛪ get involved. There is churchs out there that will give you and your husband free marriage counseling year round. Have faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

Good answer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Stay on the OP's topic, please.  Avoid derailing the thread with other arguments.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, zee19 said:

I know most will suggest a divorce but I'm not in the financial space right now to be able to.afford one

You've been married for what...about 2 years now?

If you don't have any children together, I would suggest the option of self-filing for an uncontested divorce to avoid high lawyer fees.  Given the length of your marriage, and therefore (I presume) not too many assets to divide, it can be easier and cheaper than you think...If you can prove financial hardship, you can apply for waivers for filing fees as well.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, zee19 said:

So I'm looking for advice on what options I have? My husband came here on  K-1 and he's approaching his 2yrs. But for the past year I have noticed changes in his behavior. A couple of months after he came he went to visit some family in a different state and when he came back i discovered he was attempting to hook up with a friend of someone in the family (of course he denied). I tried to move past that but i couldn't trust him. Fast forward we have been having issues mainly supposedly infidelity. He has made some friends at work and around but although he mentions them by name he has never introduced me personally and I had went through our phone records and discovered he was talking to a female at odds hours. When confronted, he told me and everyone that it was a friend then turned around and got ano extra phone # which he didn't give to me(we'r on the same.plan). Since the 1st incident he doesn't let me havery access to his phone ( based on principles). We did have an incident after the last argument where I threw his things out due to anger and disappointed. Our families have tried to intervene but he tells them I'm too jealous and that when he was coming we had agreed that we were only going to "try". We barely talk and I recently asked if he was happy, he replied "I don't know". I  would not have spent my time and money to "try". He also let it slipped that he has been documenting everything that has happened. I know most will suggest a divorce but I'm not in the financial space right now to be able to.afford one and I believe he is only waiting to get his permanent GC to leave.

Omg, we are in the same exact boat. a few weeks after my husband came here he went to see and started hanging out heavy with a sibling who did not respect our union and without me of course and she tried to hook him up. I also found out he was writing and recording certain conversations, surrounding disagreements, and private with his phone as well. What it balls down to is they're trying to CYA in case they have to file for their 10 year without you and make you look like the bad person so they can stay in the states. Its not fair and even if you divorce you are financially responsible for that person. Please inbox me on how you moved forward. I'm curious to see the process as I have been weighing my odds to protect myself from the headache of having to keep in contact with a divorced partner for 5 yrs. with the hopes he gets his citizenship. Also, follow your intuition, please.

Our CR-1 Visa Journey

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 12, 2016

NOA1 hardcopy received: February 16, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: May 06, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 12, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

NVC Received I-130: May 16, 2016

Case number and IIN Assigned: June 2, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: June 2, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: June 2, 2016

Pay AOS Fee: June 2, 2016

DS-261 reviewed over the phone: June 3, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: June 6, 2016

Pay IV Fee : June 6, 2016

IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016

Sent AOS & IV packets (via USPS Priority): June 27, 2016

Scan date: June 29, 2016

CC: July 30, 2016

Interview: November 8, 2016

Interview Result: 221g form - AP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Quit supporting him

if u are paying for cell phone, stop

let him try to do on his own

don't pay for or support his ROC

he is approaching 2 years so he needs this / without u he can't get it

a divorce takes time and money / let him try on his own

offer only to buy him a 1 way ticket back

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kris&me said:

If he files for a divorce waiver with USCIS, he most certainly can get his ROC approved as long as he proves he entered the marriage with bonafide intent.  Many divorced people have accomplished this.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, Noe&Estella said:

First and foremost seek Christ. Ask Him to guide you and that'll surely not be a divorce. Find a church ⛪ get involved. There is churchs out there that will give you and your husband free marriage counseling year round. Have faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

The best answer thus far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We seem to have every thing but a not a lot that relates to Immigration. He is mistake if he thinks he has to wait 2 years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, PrisEri said:

The best answer thus far.

Are these kinds of religious posts violation of the TOS??? It should be

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, zee19 said:

I had given him that option but stated that I won't pay for it. He didn't respond. I can't speak for him but I think in his mind he believes we have to be together for the 2 yrs and after he receives the ROC he can leave. Or he's looking for me to pay the fee for ROC since I paid for the green card. At this time I am looking for a place to move out.

PLEASE!!! Do yourself GOOD and DO NOT pay for anything.  Sounds like he was scamming the whole time. Let the POS deal with his mess. Leave and keep your money in your pocket. He fails to pay, he has to deal with consequences not you. He sounds like he's trying to scare you. He's the cheating liar not you. Call his bluff.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, kris&me said:

Quit supporting him

if u are paying for cell phone, stop

let him try to do on his own

don't pay for or support his ROC

a divorce takes time and money / let him try on his own

offer only to buy him a 1 way ticket back

I am NOT religious but, AMEN!!!!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, NYCruiser said:

Are these kinds of religious posts violation of the TOS??? It should be

Not a violation of TOS to make posts regarding religion (so long as it is not hateful speech), but Moderator did comment saying to keep the thread on track, earlier (or else it risks getting closed).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.