Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Hello! I somewhat did. I am going to be submitting all of my bank statements from when I went to visit my fiance. I also got the airlines to write me a boarding declaration since my passports never got stamped. I have 2 affidavit letter with my friend's marriage certificate with date and signature for the wedding we were part of (I will add pictures to those). My fiance just sent me two receipts from the party place of where he threw me a surprise proposal. I am hoping this will do. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! I am extremely worried and anxious!

That's a lot of work, I wish I could have help you better, I undesrtand you, is a very stressful situation.

I had the same feeling when we got our RFE, It was easier than yours, however I got paranoid since I got confused with the documents listed on the RFE, but luckly what we got It was good. I kind of overthought the whole thing.

You'll be fine with your documents, I'll be sending your all the best vibes and positive energy.  

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Valmabe said:

That's a lot of work, I wish I could have help you better, I undesrtand you, is a very stressful situation.

I had the same feeling when we got our RFE, It was easier than yours, however I got paranoid since I got confused with the documents listed on the RFE, but luckly what we got It was good. I kind of overthought the whole thing.

You'll be fine with your documents, I'll be sending your all the best vibes and positive energy.  

Thank you so much! I am sure one day we will all look back at this and feel great relief it is over! :)

Good luck to you!! :)

God Bless!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone. So I received my RFE and they asked for my divorce decree which I had already sent with my I-129F packet. I submitted another divorce decree and they received the reply on 11/29. Has anyone been in this situation and how long did it take to get approval? Seems like a simple fix, but no word yet. 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, RC and JE said:

Hi everyone. So I received my RFE and they asked for my divorce decree which I had already sent with my I-129F packet. I submitted another divorce decree and they received the reply on 11/29. Has anyone been in this situation and how long did it take to get approval? Seems like a simple fix, but no word yet. 

Our approval took 1 week after receiving our response. Same rfe

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 minute ago, Valmabe said:

Our approval took 1 week after receiving our response. Same rfe

Wow. I hope I hear back soon. I wonder if the file goes back to the same agent who originally reviewed the file or if RFEs are processed by someone else. It says Laguna Niguel office when I call so I would imagine someone else. Thanks for your response.

event.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/31/2015 at 7:57 AM, Kat&Jon said:

Please click the link below to see the new RFE Master List:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bzoWOXOCsvHICvLEZt540eG2CkqEFaPV8MY18Q6E0f0/edit?usp=sharing

I have compiled the data from the 125 page original RFE Master List Post and put it into a google sheets doc. Please keep a few things in mind when viewing this list.

1. It is easiest to view this new list from a PC but if you want to view it from your mobile phone please make sure to have the Google Docs app downloaded to your phone. It will open the link in a much more easily viewed version for your cell phone.

2. If you posted in the original thread and do not see your name on the list that is due to a few things: Timeline was not fully updated, information regarding what your RFE was for was not provided, or how you answered your RFE was not clearly provided.

3. Date Approved on the document corresponds to when members received their NOA2 after responding to their RFE.

Notes moving forward.

1. I will continue to update this list with new data as it comes but to be added to the list and to continue making it helpful please make sure your timeline is updated with all the dates, you post exactly what your RFE was for, and exactly what you did to respond to your RFE.

2. If you have a question about your RFE please continue to post them in this new thread but make sure to actually view the document before asking what you should send. I did try and make what was requested and what was sent in short and simple to not make the document to large, so if you do not understand what I put please PM me with the LINE of the document you are unclear about and I will give you a more detailed answer. (I kept the long answer on a side document only for me to view if needed) ex. Line 61 says "Left various questions blank on form I-129F" what did they leave blank? I would answer your PM with They forgot to check the questions NO for convicted of crime related to IMBRA.

General FAQ's From the Thread Answered from Completing the Document.

1. What does RFE mean?

Request For Evidence- This is when USCIS needs more information in order to approve your petition.

2. How long does it take to receive my RFE hard copy?

According the data it is usually 1 to 2 weeks. If it takes longer, contact USCIS and put in a service request to have a new one sent.

3. How long after I respond to my RFE will I get an approval?

According to the data it is usually 2 weeks to get an approval. There are plenty of outliers that are shorter and longer but the average is two weeks.

4. What documents do I need to provide translations for in English?

All legal documents such as birth certificates, divorce decrees, legal name change documents, and if able it helps to translate hotel receipts but these are not required.

Thank you! This really helps. There are two things that I think I didn't do. First is the divorce. I didn't give them my entire divorce decree as the whole thing just goes over custody and lists everything we split between us and I didn't think they needed that. The second is I didn't copy the back of my birth certificate. Hopefully they'll just accept it but we will see..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In some of my documents that I'm going to submit, my fiance used the "Mrs" prefix in her airline tickets. She's not married/never been married but I'm wondering if this error on her confirmation numbers is likely to trigger a RFE or otherwise delay the process and arouse suspicion. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/31/2015 at 9:57 AM, Kat&Jon said:

Please click the link below to see the new RFE Master List:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bzoWOXOCsvHICvLEZt540eG2CkqEFaPV8MY18Q6E0f0/edit?usp=sharing

I have compiled the data from the 125 page original RFE Master List Post and put it into a google sheets doc. Please keep a few things in mind when viewing this list.

1. It is easiest to view this new list from a PC but if you want to view it from your mobile phone please make sure to have the Google Docs app downloaded to your phone. It will open the link in a much more easily viewed version for your cell phone.

2. If you posted in the original thread and do not see your name on the list that is due to a few things: Timeline was not fully updated, information regarding what your RFE was for was not provided, or how you answered your RFE was not clearly provided.

3. Date Approved on the document corresponds to when members received their NOA2 after responding to their RFE.

Notes moving forward.

1. I will continue to update this list with new data as it comes but to be added to the list and to continue making it helpful please make sure your timeline is updated with all the dates, you post exactly what your RFE was for, and exactly what you did to respond to your RFE.

2. If you have a question about your RFE please continue to post them in this new thread but make sure to actually view the document before asking what you should send. I did try and make what was requested and what was sent in short and simple to not make the document to large, so if you do not understand what I put please PM me with the LINE of the document you are unclear about and I will give you a more detailed answer. (I kept the long answer on a side document only for me to view if needed) ex. Line 61 says "Left various questions blank on form I-129F" what did they leave blank? I would answer your PM with They forgot to check the questions NO for convicted of crime related to IMBRA.

General FAQ's From the Thread Answered from Completing the Document.

1. What does RFE mean?

Request For Evidence- This is when USCIS needs more information in order to approve your petition.

2. How long does it take to receive my RFE hard copy?

According the data it is usually 1 to 2 weeks. If it takes longer, contact USCIS and put in a service request to have a new one sent.

3. How long after I respond to my RFE will I get an approval?

According to the data it is usually 2 weeks to get an approval. There are plenty of outliers that are shorter and longer but the average is two weeks.

4. What documents do I need to provide translations for in English?

All legal documents such as birth certificates, divorce decrees, legal name change documents, and if able it helps to translate hotel receipts but these are not required.

Okay so I'm trying not to freak out. I(us petitioner) and my foriegn (Jamaica) fiance wrote a letter stating our intent to marry. We both printed and signed our names to that letter of intent to marry. I see that it shows alot of deny because it is missing the letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary! Please tell me that we are okay! Did I have to include a letter by him separately??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Amber Kay said:

Okay so I'm trying not to freak out. I(us petitioner) and my foriegn (Jamaica) fiance wrote a letter stating our intent to marry. We both printed and signed our names to that letter of intent to marry. I see that it shows alot of deny because it is missing the letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary! Please tell me that we are okay! Did I have to include a letter by him separately??

People have been approved with a single letter signed by both, but others have gotten an RFE (this is more likely if the text of your letter doesn't make it clear both that you intend to marry him and he intends to marry you).

An RFE is not a denial; if you get one over this issue, it's very easy to respond to (just send two new separate, individual signed letters; he can sign, scan, and email his to you).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

People have been approved with a single letter signed by both, but others have gotten an RFE (this is more likely if the text of your letter doesn't make it clear both that you intend to marry him and he intends to marry you).

An RFE is not a denial; if you get one over this issue, it's very easy to respond to (just send two new separate, individual signed letters; he can sign, scan, and email his to you).

Okay, thank you :) I feel a little better now. I was sick to my stomach when I saw that list! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They received my response for RFE on January 15, 2019. I was asked for proof of US Citizenship, intent to marry from my fiancé, a 2x2 picture of her, a 2x2 picture of me, and my judgement of divorce paperwork.

I sent in photo copy of my birth certificate and one of my passport. I got a certified copy of my judgment of divorce. She sent me a signed letter of intent to marry. Also her 2x2 picture. We are now waiting for our NOA 2 approval. We applied in the middle of July, 2018 if anyone is curious. Definitely a long wait, but worth it to be with the one you love 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My 129F petition was received by USCIS on July 23 2018 and I received the notice of receipt and nothing since. This week it will be 6.5 months. Is this similar to your experiences? It’s being processed at the California service center. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Out of curiosity how long does one have to submit the requested documents once the RFE is issues? Is there a timeframe or not? 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.