Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Saintrise said:

sorry about that,was in a haste. i meant when asked by the VO when your relationship started, should you quote the date you proposed or the date you statrted talking? thanks.

I would say the day you started talking seriously...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 6/14/2019 at 7:27 PM, He and I said:

It was just a clarification about last name... So now we wait for an answer and hope it'll come soon!

Hi, do you mind elaborating what the request for clarification was?

My fiance had a different last name in primary school (his mom just used her maiden name for him) - we didn't include supporting evidence or comment on this as it was not a legal name change.

For me however, we went by a different spelling of  our last name in the US until we got our citizenship certificate and my dad changed the spelling during that time (over 15yrs ago). My passport /social etc all have this new correct spelling though - so i didn't offer any support there.

Does anyone here think i'll run into issues??

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 7:35 AM, S_&_M said:

Hi, do you mind elaborating what the request for clarification was?

My fiance had a different last name in primary school (his mom just used her maiden name for him) - we didn't include supporting evidence or comment on this as it was not a legal name change.

For me however, we went by a different spelling of  our last name in the US until we got our citizenship certificate and my dad changed the spelling during that time (over 15yrs ago). My passport /social etc all have this new correct spelling though - so i didn't offer any support there.

Does anyone here think i'll run into issues??

I doubt this will be an issue. However, why not just clarify this in the Section for "additional information"?

No harm in including it within your application. It will likely take 10 minutes and give you piece of mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, samnrong said:

I doubt this will be an issue. However, why not just clarify this in the Section for "additional information"?

No harm in including it within your application. It will likely take 10 minutes and give you piece of mind.

Ah, I thought about that... but I also didn't want to confuse the person reviewing the file. It's been submitted a month ago though, so we'll see what happens. 😄

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I was looking over the master list and saw several instances of people receiving RFE's for NOT sending in copies of ALL the passport pages.  I did not see this requirement in the I-129F instructions.  I only sent in copies of the signature page as proof of citizenship.  I could see the need perhaps of sending in copies of the ALL the pages if it were for proof of an ongoing relationship but I don't see the need for providing proof of citizenship.  Could you please clarify if this is still indeed an actual requirement?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only sent in the page with my picture and signature. I also sent in the page of my stamps for proof that I visited with her in the Philippines 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Irish42 said:

I only sent in the page with my picture and signature. I also sent in the page of my stamps for proof that I visited with her in the Philippines 

Well that's encouraging!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 8/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, Allen Crabtree said:

I was looking over the master list and saw several instances of people receiving RFE's for NOT sending in copies of ALL the passport pages.  I did not see this requirement in the I-129F instructions.  I only sent in copies of the signature page as proof of citizenship.  I could see the need perhaps of sending in copies of the ALL the pages if it were for proof of an ongoing relationship but I don't see the need for providing proof of citizenship.  Could you please clarify if this is still indeed an actual requirement?

I'm using rapid visa, and they explained to me that I needed to submit all pages of my passport. Looking over the master list, I strongly believe the issue is my birth certificate. Still awaiting my letter. Wish they could have sent an automated email for rfe's. Would have been much smoother and less of a wait. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 10/31/2015 at 4:57 PM, Kat&Jon said:

Please click the link below to see the new RFE Master List:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bzoWOXOCsvHICvLEZt540eG2CkqEFaPV8MY18Q6E0f0/edit?usp=sharing

I have compiled the data from the 125 page original RFE Master List Post and put it into a google sheets doc. Please keep a few things in mind when viewing this list.

1. It is easiest to view this new list from a PC but if you want to view it from your mobile phone please make sure to have the Google Docs app downloaded to your phone. It will open the link in a much more easily viewed version for your cell phone.

2. If you posted in the original thread and do not see your name on the list that is due to a few things: Timeline was not fully updated, information regarding what your RFE was for was not provided, or how you answered your RFE was not clearly provided.

3. Date Approved on the document corresponds to when members received their NOA2 after responding to their RFE.

Notes moving forward.

1. I will continue to update this list with new data as it comes but to be added to the list and to continue making it helpful please make sure your timeline is updated with all the dates, you post exactly what your RFE was for, and exactly what you did to respond to your RFE.

2. If you have a question about your RFE please continue to post them in this new thread but make sure to actually view the document before asking what you should send. I did try and make what was requested and what was sent in short and simple to not make the document to large, so if you do not understand what I put please PM me with the LINE of the document you are unclear about and I will give you a more detailed answer. (I kept the long answer on a side document only for me to view if needed) ex. Line 61 says "Left various questions blank on form I-129F" what did they leave blank? I would answer your PM with They forgot to check the questions NO for convicted of crime related to IMBRA.

General FAQ's From the Thread Answered from Completing the Document.

1. What does RFE mean?

Request For Evidence- This is when USCIS needs more information in order to approve your petition.

2. How long does it take to receive my RFE hard copy?

According the data it is usually 1 to 2 weeks. If it takes longer, contact USCIS and put in a service request to have a new one sent.

3. How long after I respond to my RFE will I get an approval?

According to the data it is usually 2 weeks to get an approval. There are plenty of outliers that are shorter and longer but the average is two weeks.

4. What documents do I need to provide translations for in English?

All legal documents such as birth certificates, divorce decrees, legal name change documents, and if able it helps to translate hotel receipts but these are not required.

Are these RFE's after sending in the I-129F packet or at another step?

I see "request for additional financial info" but I thought no financial information had to be sent with I-129F. Am I wrong there? I think I have to send in an I-864 and I-864A at some point but I'm super unclear as to when or where I start sending financial documentation such as these forms. 

"birth certificate not both sides" -- My birth certificate doesn't have 2 sides. One side is blank. What do I do?

"USC passport not all pages" -- Didn't this change? I read somewhere that it's just the pages with stamps now. Is that right? 

"beneficiary's birth certificate not translated" -- WHEN do you send in their birth certificate? It's not listed for the I-129F.

g-325A -- is this form still needed with the i-129F or do you file it later? 

"problems with letters of intent" -- What kind of problems? Is it too long, too short? Does it need to be notarized or can it just be signed?

I'm about to send in my I-129F packet but I don't want any issues. I am living overseas in the beneficiary's country so it'd be harder for me to send in missing documents quickly. 

I also have a question about i864 /i864a. Where and when do you file i864/i864a?  I read that you send i864 to NVC but not i864a but when I called NVC they said if you send it to them they just send it back to you. Do you send it with your i129F packet? I don't make enough so I need i864a. I read that i864 has a fee of 120 dollars to file with the DOS but it's free to file abroad. Is that true? Honestly any information on i864/i864a would be helpful. 

event.png

event.png

In June 28th my case status change RFE notice!  receive the hard copy 1 week later.  I send in the respond July 12th and they received it on July 15th...as of today I still have not heard a reply yet.  Check the case status online nothing change others the message that they received my respond on 7/15/2019.

1.  First part of the RFE was that they can't determine my fiancée age.  Even those I have send in her Passport, Birth Certificate and translate it to English alone with my 129f package...they mention something about the Birth Certificated is info date back in 2016.  I have no clue where they got that info from.  Nothing in both of the Birth Certificated Loas/English version say anything about 2016 at all include all the stamps...

2.  Second parts was asking for bona fide intent to Marry.  I didn't not attach a letter with my 129f package I try to keep it sample.  I tell then when I meet my fiancée but before that we know each others in FB and chat in there.  I send in my engagement certificate, photos, stamps going to the country but still got red flag??? they mention about video chat date 1970???? just where the hell they get the date from.  I'm not even born yet dam.  very frustrated!  hoping to hear something soon...

20190708_064236x.jpg

Edited by akirax

Timeline

From the master RFE list, it appears that most recent entry is from 2016.  Is there a more up to date RFE list somewhere else on the site?  I just received notice that I will be getting an RFE in the mail.  I'm trying to prepare.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, Allen Crabtree said:

From the master RFE list, it appears that most recent entry is from 2016.  Is there a more up to date RFE list somewhere else on the site?  I just received notice that I will be getting an RFE in the mail.  I'm trying to prepare.

What happened here was that a VERY nice member decided to go through the previous rfe thread post by post to make this list, they did the best they could with the info other members relied on this website, if it’s not as clear as you hope it was because members were not clear enough and there was not more info available. 

It’s been 4 years so things may not apply anymore. 

If you want to get updated info you can go through all of this thread again because other people added their own posts or you can do a search around vj. 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:04 PM, SmilingDuck said:

Are these RFE's after sending in the I-129F packet or at another step?

I see "request for additional financial info" but I thought no financial information had to be sent with I-129F. Am I wrong there? I think I have to send in an I-864 and I-864A at some point but I'm super unclear as to when or where I start sending financial documentation such as these forms. 

"birth certificate not both sides" -- My birth certificate doesn't have 2 sides. One side is blank. What do I do?

"USC passport not all pages" -- Didn't this change? I read somewhere that it's just the pages with stamps now. Is that right? 

"beneficiary's birth certificate not translated" -- WHEN do you send in their birth certificate? It's not listed for the I-129F.

g-325A -- is this form still needed with the i-129F or do you file it later? 

"problems with letters of intent" -- What kind of problems? Is it too long, too short? Does it need to be notarized or can it just be signed?

I'm about to send in my I-129F packet but I don't want any issues. I am living overseas in the beneficiary's country so it'd be harder for me to send in missing documents quickly. 

I also have a question about i864 /i864a. Where and when do you file i864/i864a?  I read that you send i864 to NVC but not i864a but when I called NVC they said if you send it to them they just send it back to you. Do you send it with your i129F packet? I don't make enough so I need i864a. I read that i864 has a fee of 120 dollars to file with the DOS but it's free to file abroad. Is that true? Honestly any information on i864/i864a would be helpful. 

I suggest you read around other threads that talk about your concerns. The OP to this thread was a very nice member who tried making things better for others by curating all rfe posts by other members and they will most likely not come back here to answer all your detailed questions.

vj has a search feature that works great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.