Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2018 at 7:21 PM, Lucy&Jason said:

Hopefully we will be hearing something good next week. Others got lucky being approved 3days after CSC received their rfe response..

I hope this is true! My RFE was the same (we wrote and both signed one intent to marry) and they’ve had it since last Thursday. To get an approval this week would be amazing but I’m not holding my breath. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
10 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

To get an approval this week would be amazing but I’m not holding my breath.

Agreed!!! Let’s just hope for the best... Approvals sometimes can be so surprising.....☺️☺️

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hey, we received an update on the website & the apps that we got an RFE last week (5days ago) but we haven got the hard copy yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the hard copy ? 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey everyone!

We've submitted our I-129f almost three months ago, so no NOA2 yet, but we've just realized we've made a tiny mistake, we're just wondering how big of a deal it is and if we should be expecting a RFE.

At the moment of filing, I (the beneficiary) was in the USA. We provided my I-94 number and dates (not the actual I-94, since it's stated in the instructions to provide only the number and dates, not the whole form) and for "Expiration date of passport or travel document" we stated my passport ISSUING date. A super stupid mistake that we somehow overlooked in spite of triple checking everything.

We did attach copies of my whole passport, where the issuing and expiration dates of both my tourist visa and my actual passport are visible and clear, but I'm just wondering if they will interpret that as if I traveled on an expired document.

I'm hoping for the officer's common sense and that they will realize it was a mistake and the actual expiration date of the travel document is in my package.

Has anyone ever received a RFE over a mistake like this?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So the first post in this thread says that RFE response processing takes about 2 weeks on average, but that was last updated in 2015. I assume it takes longer now, but do we have any solid data on how much longer?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, araxoolie said:

So the first post in this thread says that RFE response processing takes about 2 weeks on average, but that was last updated in 2015. I assume it takes longer now, but do we have any solid data on how much longer?

According to uscis, RFE response processing is can take up to 60 days. Some get approved within a week or two after their RFE responses are received but that longer. It’s been 36 days since my RFE response was received and I’m still waiting. I’ve called a number of times but was told to keep waiting that it’s not yet 60 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

According to uscis, RFE response processing is can take up to 60 days. Some get approved within a week or two after their RFE responses are received but that longer. It’s been 36 days since my RFE response was received and I’m still waiting. I’ve called a number of times but was told to keep waiting that it’s not yet 60 days.

May I ask what your RFE was in response to? 

Timeline

Our RFE was over the dating app I mentioned we met through but didn't provide proof they were not an IMB. I overnighted my response yesterday and waiting for them to note receipt of it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

May I ask what your RFE was in response to? 

They wanted more evidence of meeting in person. I sent more pictures, tickets and every other documents I could get.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 2:28 PM, M and Ed said:

Hey everyone!

We've submitted our I-129f almost three months ago, so no NOA2 yet, but we've just realized we've made a tiny mistake, we're just wondering how big of a deal it is and if we should be expecting a RFE.

At the moment of filing, I (the beneficiary) was in the USA. We provided my I-94 number and dates (not the actual I-94, since it's stated in the instructions to provide only the number and dates, not the whole form) and for "Expiration date of passport or travel document" we stated my passport ISSUING date. A super stupid mistake that we somehow overlooked in spite of triple checking everything.

We did attach copies of my whole passport, where the issuing and expiration dates of both my tourist visa and my actual passport are visible and clear, but I'm just wondering if they will interpret that as if I traveled on an expired document.

I'm hoping for the officer's common sense and that they will realize it was a mistake and the actual expiration date of the travel document is in my package.

Has anyone ever received a RFE over a mistake like this?

Thanks!

Yes!! I made a similar mistake. I mis-spelled my fiancee's name because her passport uses the Russian government spelling and it's different than we normally spell it (they use i's instead of y's). I realized it a few months after NOA1 was issued. So, I went online to my USCIS account and submitted a typographical error change request. It took a while (maybe a month?), but they emailed me with instructions on how to fax the corrections in (yes, you can ONLY fax it). I simply typed up a nice cover letter explaining my situation, and what sections (by number) to apply the corrections. For example, we had to fix not only her name, but her parents name in 3 different entries in the application. So it was important to give them the numbers on where to do it.

To submit a typographical error, they have a website:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayTypoForm.do 

They made the changes (I assume because it was approved). You can either catch it now and try to fix it or wait for RFE

I ended up getting an RFE anyways, because my birth certificate was not original, it was a re-issued one. So, I sent in a copy of my original and it should be fine. 

Edited by nekotakacho
updated answer with more detail

Timeline
On 9/24/2018 at 7:57 AM, June1990 said:

Hey, we received an update on the website & the apps that we got an RFE last week (5days ago) but we haven got the hard copy yet. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the hard copy ? 

It took me about 5 days to received ours, last week. We were notified on Monday, and it arrived either Friday or Saturday in my mailbox, from California to Texas. Hope that helps.

Timeline

I have a general question about RFE's that I cannot seem to find the answer to. I apologize if this is easily understood but I am confused!!

When you get an RFE, is it possible to get more? I am sure it's possible, but, does USCIS generally send several items in a single RFE? Or will they send them one by one?

I would think they would send the bulk of the problems in a single RFE? Maybe I am overthinking it, but I just hope there isn't more RFE coming our way? Ours was super simple, so I am afraid they will come back with something difficult and surprise us? Help?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, nekotakacho said:

I have a general question about RFE's that I cannot seem to find the answer to. I apologize if this is easily understood but I am confused!!

When you get an RFE, is it possible to get more? I am sure it's possible, but, does USCIS generally send several items in a single RFE? Or will they send them one by one?

I would think they would send the bulk of the problems in a single RFE? Maybe I am overthinking it, but I just hope there isn't more RFE coming our way? Ours was super simple, so I am afraid they will come back with something difficult and surprise us? Help?

I was wondering the same thing. All the language around the RFE response was that they'll "continue processing" once received. That makes me wonder if they get to something they want to send an RFE over, stop and send the RFE, wait for the response, then continue from where they left off. It would be such a terrible waste of resources and time if that was the process so I really, really hope it's not the case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.