Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Acá debe preguntar en ingles, así tienen más probabilidades de respuesta. Lo único que he leído es que no envían carta física. Todo es al correo electrónico. 

Esto les puede dar una idea. Si tiene más dudas le pueden preguntar a @Greenbaum, sabe mucho del tema, solo responde en ingles.

®️

On 10/21/2018 at 7:19 PM, araxoolie said:

My RFE reply was received on the 9th and we got our NOA2 on the 19th. So, 10 days for us.

OMG I  am at 11 day today after they receive my RFE! i hope to hear something soon !!! this is nerve wrecking! 

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone. NOA1 4/30. I called and spoke to a tier 2 agent today and they told me that the a note was put in the system with today's date saying they will be requesting more evidence, but that it is still processing and a notice has not gone out. Does anyone have experience with this and if so, did you call soon after? How soon did you receive notification of RFE? I am at a loss of what it might be. 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
11 hours ago, RC and JE said:

Hi everyone. NOA1 4/30. I called and spoke to a tier 2 agent today and they told me that the a note was put in the system with today's date saying they will be requesting more evidence, but that it is still processing and a notice has not gone out. Does anyone have experience with this and if so, did you call soon after? How soon did you receive notification of RFE? I am at a loss of what it might be. 

I had a similar experience. Tier1 told me I had a RFE to call back to talk to tier2 the next day for more details. I called back the next day and that tier1 told me tier2 couldn't give me details which was confirmed by a tier2 agent who said there wasn't anything suggesting I had a RFE yet. So I had hope that tier1 was just making something up or misread. But then a couple days later, the website was updated with a RFE. I received the paper copy 5 days after the website updated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

I had a similar experience. Tier1 told me I had a RFE to call back to talk to tier2 the next day for more details. I called back the next day and that tier1 told me tier2 couldn't give me details which was confirmed by a tier2 agent who said there wasn't anything suggesting I had a RFE yet. So I had hope that tier1 was just making something up or misread. But then a couple days later, the website was updated with a RFE. I received the paper copy 5 days after the website updated. 

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I have had mixed responses when talking to tier 2 agents in the past. This one was helpful, but told me to call back, I think to see if a notice was sent out. She said they are still working on RFE. I’m hoping it goes out soon and it’s an easy fix. I’m glad to hear you got the notice soon after. 

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We just received an RFE requesting that my fiancé submit evidence of her intention to marry me once she arrives in the US. In the application, we already wrote a joint letter with both of our signatures on it stating our intention to marry. Apparently, this isn’t good enough for USCIS, as they want her own letter. In addition to other evidence, we wanted to have her send in a signed statement, but I’m not sure if they need an original letter or just a scanned, signed copy. My fiancé is in Kazakhstan, and I am in the United States. Obviously, this would just go faster if she scanned it, but we don’t want to make any more mistakes. Does anyone know if the letter of intent to marry has to be the original? The RFE states that the RFE must be the original, but of course it is vague about this. Any help would be appreciated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone!!

So you can DEFINITELY GET YOUR RFE FAXED TO YOU...you just have to be super resistant...aaaaand get an actually good person that wants to help!!

So after 12 calls and 11 "no we cannot help you", I finally got someone who was very nice to send me the RFE via fax. It is requesting a two year meeting requirement and I am a bit discouraged here because I literally sent them over 100 photos with dates,and explanations... and even links to videos of our engagement video which shows dates. Yes I know those can be altered. However, I am not sure what else I can do. My Brazilian passport was not stamped because I have dual citizenship so every time I go there, they do not stamp my passport. I am having a bit of a hard time coming up anything else. I did not stay at any hotels there since I have family there, and we barely went out to eat since his mom is a chef she always made sure to prepare a Brazilian home cooked meal each day! Can someone help me here?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Hi Everyone!!

So you can DEFINITELY GET YOUR RFE FAXED TO YOU...you just have to be super resistant...aaaaand get an actually good person that wants to help!!

So after 12 calls and 11 "no we cannot help you", I finally got someone who was very nice to send me the RFE via fax. It is requesting a two year meeting requirement and I am a bit discouraged here because I literally sent them over 100 photos with dates,and explanations... and even links to videos of our engagement video which shows dates. Yes I know those can be altered. However, I am not sure what else I can do. My Brazilian passport was not stamped because I have dual citizenship so every time I go there, they do not stamp my passport. I am having a bit of a hard time coming up anything else. I did not stay at any hotels there since I have family there, and we barely went out to eat since his mom is a chef she always made sure to prepare a Brazilian home cooked meal each day! Can someone help me here?

Maybe boarding passes, airline tickets, record of entries in Brazil will help since you do not have them on your passport.

®️

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Maybe boarding passes, airline tickets, record of entries in Brazil will help since you do not have them on your passport.

I added all of those to the original visa entry.....Im at a loss on what to do! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
16 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

I added all of those to the original visa entry.....Im at a loss on what to do! :(

Affidavit from friends,family,neighbor...

16 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

F

Boyfriend and I got our NOA2 today! So bloody happy! Was honestly expecting an RFE because we filled it in ourselves and didn't go through a lawyer, and I figured we'd have went wrong somewhere haha. Just gotta way 2-4 weeks now for the next update. :D We sent it off on June 24th, got NOA1 on July 7th so it took 5 months for NOA2 roughly for Uk/US

I just got my RFE. It was requesting a waiver for multiple 129f filings. But the problem is I only filed one time for a K1 visa in 2009...Good Lord. I'm not going to say what I want to say 🤐  I work for the federal government and I know it is easy to get in a hurry and make mistakes...But *&%#&...(Posted here so others can be aware)

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline
On 12/1/2018 at 3:15 AM, Zhan_Mike said:

We just received an RFE requesting that my fiancé submit evidence of her intention to marry me once she arrives in the US. In the application, we already wrote a joint letter with both of our signatures on it stating our intention to marry. Apparently, this isn’t good enough for USCIS, as they want her own letter. In addition to other evidence, we wanted to have her send in a signed statement, but I’m not sure if they need an original letter or just a scanned, signed copy. My fiancé is in Kazakhstan, and I am in the United States. Obviously, this would just go faster if she scanned it, but we don’t want to make any more mistakes. Does anyone know if the letter of intent to marry has to be the original? The RFE states that the RFE must be the original, but of course it is vague about this. Any help would be appreciated!

hi

Letters must be original. not copies or scanned ones

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

Hi did you find any help for your RFE?

Hello! I somewhat did. I am going to be submitting all of my bank statements from when I went to visit my fiance. I also got the airlines to write me a boarding declaration since my passports never got stamped. I have 2 affidavit letter with my friend's marriage certificate with date and signature for the wedding we were part of (I will add pictures to those). My fiance just sent me two receipts from the party place of where he threw me a surprise proposal. I am hoping this will do. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! I am extremely worried and anxious!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.