Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 2/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, Charmsqueen said:

Please help I am not sure which one is the best fiancé visa or my American bf and I got married and applied for adjustment visa 

You are not very clear. Are you wondering what visa to apply for? K1 is for fiancées so if you are married you do not qualify for that.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 6:44 PM, Amber Kay said:

Okay so I'm trying not to freak out. I(us petitioner) and my foriegn (Jamaica) fiance wrote a letter stating our intent to marry. We both printed and signed our names to that letter of intent to marry. I see that it shows alot of deny because it is missing the letter of intent to marry from the beneficiary! Please tell me that we are okay! Did I have to include a letter by him separately??

I just got an RFE not sure what they will ask for now but I did type up letter of internet to marry one page and we both signed it . I will post what they needed as soon I find out 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, CalaWaheb said:

I just got an RFE not sure what they will ask for now but I did type up letter of internet to marry one page and we both signed it . I will post what they needed as soon I find out 

Oh no!!! I'll be looking for you definitely!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/13/2019 at 4:49 AM, CalaWaheb said:

If i remember correctly you need 1 from both of you not one signed together.

1 for the petitioner

1 for the beneficiary

Edited by Tidus992

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, CalaWaheb said:

You need a Beneficiary's fiance intent of marry and another one from the petiotioner. Both signed. That is your RFE. They want 2 letters, one from the fiance and another one from the petitioner. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, 

I need a piece of advice from who went to similar situation. We about to sent our RFE response to USCIS and we are sending prove of 2 years seeing each other. We submitted a few letters from friends who saw us together and two of my friends wrote their papers and send me a scanned copy that contains their signature and ID. Does anyone know if USCIS are picky about scanned copies versus the original letter ? My lawyer said no, but I want other people opinions as well. Thank you much. 

On 2/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, CalaWaheb said:

I just got my NAO2, no RFEs. And I also had one letter that we both signed. So I guess it depends on who processes your case?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

Hello there, 

I need a piece of advice from who went to similar situation. We about to sent our RFE response to USCIS and we are sending prove of 2 years seeing each other. We submitted a few letters from friends who saw us together and two of my friends wrote their papers and send me a scanned copy that contains their signature and ID. Does anyone know if USCIS are picky about scanned copies versus the original letter ? My lawyer said no, but I want other people opinions as well. Thank you much. 

My fiancé scanned her intent to marry and it was accepted. The only original document that I sent in was my judgment of divorce papers. I would send in any copies of boarding passes as well. Some pictures of you together 

42 minutes ago, Irish42 said:

My fiancé scanned her intent to marry and it was accepted. The only original document that I sent in was my judgment of divorce papers. I would send in any copies of boarding passes as well. Some pictures of you together 

We have a million of pictures, bank statements, boarding passes ,fly tickets and our conversations about our traveling with dates. The only think we don't really have is passport stamps because we met in Canada a few times and I cannot prove I was in Canada because they don't stamp passports. I really hope what we provide will be enough. Thank you for your response.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:13 AM, Victoria85 said:

We have a million of pictures, bank statements, boarding passes ,fly tickets and our conversations about our traveling with dates. The only think we don't really have is passport stamps because we met in Canada a few times and I cannot prove I was in Canada because they don't stamp passports. I really hope what we provide will be enough. Thank you for your response.

Do any of your pictures together have any landmarks you can prove are in Canada? I think that could be taken as proof that you were there, you could write the city of the landmark on the back of the picture along with the date.

22 minutes ago, Silove said:

Do any of your pictures together have any landmarks you can prove are in Canada? I think that could be taken as proof that you were there, you could write the city of the landmark on the back of the picture along with the date.

We did. We made pictures at biodome in front of Olympic park in front of McGill University etc. This time we wrote the place and day we were there. I hope it will be ok. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thank you for this list. 

Question. Only legal documents should be translated right? I sent my package with all my conversations translated from Spanish to English . And it was not easy lol So for my interview ( still waiting for NOA2) I am wondering if it is necessary to translate my evidence. 

Also , I have been in my relationship with my fiancé for 1 year, travelled to Cuba 5 times  (4 times before submitting the application 3 months ago). Will that be a problem? Will they see it as "it's too soon" to even apply? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my opinion it’s not too early to apply. My fiancé has her interview on our 1 year anniversary....I’m not sure what should be translated, or not. I didn’t have a problem because my fiancé also speaks English.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.