Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kely&Jose said:

Oh really you as well recieved an RFE and your case was approved, !? And after how much of a wait to recieve a NOA 2? 

And yes right now i am getting all documents ready to reply to the RFE... 

HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET APPROVED. 

Yea I got RFE for my fiancé letter of intent of evidence of meeting within 2 years. My reply was received 5 days ago so I’m just waiting on approval hopefully. The wait can be as short as within a week or as long as months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
Just now, ashmed246 said:

Yea I got RFE for my fiancé letter of intent of evidence of meeting within 2 years. My reply was received 5 days ago so I’m just waiting on approval hopefully. The wait can be as short as within a week or as long as months.

Good luck and best wishes. Hopefully your RFE gets approved. 

Keep me updated. That way i have an idea how long its taking to approve RFE's

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kely&Jose said:

Good luck and best wishes. Hopefully your RFE gets approved. 

Keep me updated. That way i have an idea how long its taking to approve RFE's

Got you.

This might be a dumb question, but we got our RFE yesterday and we need to submit some documents from the courthouse.

Ive read a couple of topics and websites now and some people say you should think about sending other stuff in too. I kinda feel like I should send some more boarding passes etc to show that we have met 2 more times since we filed again. 

Do you think thats a good idea or should we just send what they told us on the RFE?

Timeline
8 hours ago, Toastbear said:

This might be a dumb question, but we got our RFE yesterday and we need to submit some documents from the courthouse.

Ive read a couple of topics and websites now and some people say you should think about sending other stuff in too. I kinda feel like I should send some more boarding passes etc to show that we have met 2 more times since we filed again. 

Do you think thats a good idea or should we just send what they told us on the RFE?

I’ll say only send in whatever is requested in the RFE. Save the boarding passes for the interview as evidence of ongoing relationship since you last filed. Goodluck to you.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

@ashmed246 it says in your timeline that you are already processing Adjustment of Status? But you are still processing your K1?

That was when I adjusted before I became a citizen. My timeline isn’t updated, I’ll need to take those off.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

That was when I adjusted before I became a citizen. My timeline isn’t updated, I’ll need to take those off.

Oh ok. Thanks. How’s your rfe going? I was just notified last Sept. 4 that CSC already received our rfe response.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Oh ok. Thanks. How’s your rfe going? I was just notified last Sept. 4 that CSC already received our rfe response.

I’m still waiting and hoping. Reply to my RFE was received August 30 on old and 31st on new site. It’s just another waiting game now. What were you RFE’d for?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

I’m still waiting and hoping. Reply to my RFE was received August 30 on old and 31st on new site. It’s just another waiting game now. What were you RFE’d for?

Just a box left unticked.🤦‍♀️ Took us almost 3 weeks to receive the rfe mail upon knowing we will be having one. Was letter of intent to marry your rfe?

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Just a box left unticked.🤦‍♀️ Took us almost 3 weeks to receive the rfe mail upon knowing we will be having one. Was letter of intent to marry your rfe?

Yes I only turned in one written by me and we both signed, only that it stated “I” and not “we”. I had to get a scanned copy of her letter of intent.

Edited by ashmed246

Timeline
7 hours ago, ashmed246 said:

Yes I only turned in one written by me and we both signed, only that it stated “I” and not “we”. I had to get a scanned copy of her letter of intent.

Hopefully we will be hearing something good next week. Others got lucky being approved 3days after CSC received their rfe response..

Timeline
Just now, Lucy&Jason said:

Hopefully we will be hearing something good next week. Others got lucky being approved 3days after CSC received their rfe response..

I really hope so too. Did you reply to your RFE yet?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

I really hope so too. Did you reply to your RFE yet?

Yes we did. They received it last Sept. 4. I am rooting for an approval hopefully by next week or if not, atleast this month. JayHouser who is also a January filer told us despite having only 1 letter of intent to marry, he didn’t receive RFE. So it’s really depends upon our adjudicator. 🤦‍♀️

Timeline
Just now, Lucy&Jason said:

Yes we did. They received it last Sept. 4. I am rooting for an approval hopefully by next week or if not, atleast this month. JayHouser who is also a January filer told us despite having only 1 letter of intent to marry, he didn’t receive RFE. So it’s really depends upon our adjudicator. 🤦‍♀️

Yea it depends. He got really lucky! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.