WokTheDog

Fiancee just got Denied

212 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just talked with my Fiancee, she just had her interview (daughter was there too) and the guy that was interviewing was very judgmental and rude.   He accused her in the end of just wanting to come to the USA to get VISA.  Based on that he said he DENIES her.   She also said he was focusing on a picture Me, her, and a few of her friends at the local disco club.   Kept saying what is this?   Like you shouldn't be in a bar or something.  Basically we all went out because I wanted to meet her friends.  He said I also only came once which he said was a problem, even though we talk everyday since December 2016 on Whatsapp.   I had work obligations that kept me from going a second time.  He also said the age difference was to great (her 26 and me 57).   I don't typically date young girls, but what attracted me to her was her humor and maturity.   I love her child too.  We hit it off immediately.    He told her she will need me to fly back and marry her in the Philippines, then refile as married for a visa.   The thing that really gets me is how rude she said the guy was (in front of her child too).   I never thought they would judge us on how they felt, but more if we satisfied all the criteria.   I'm very disappointed, because I'm thinking This whole thing could take another year, since the K1 took almost a year.   Any thoughts?  

Bob

Timeline

I see what you are saying.   I visited her back in August of 2017 and stayed for 3 weeks.   I wanted to visit again, but projects at work kept me from going.   I am still amazed how rude the guy was.  why couldn't he just say, "I just don't see evidence of a real relationship"   and leave it at that?   My fiancee's child has been crying non stop since the interview.   

It looks more and more like I will just have to go back and marry her.    I'm just sick to know that this whole process will take another 10-12 months.

Timeline

I just read somewhere where you can go to the embassy to ask for a review of your case by the embassy's consulate general or a supervisory officer.   Has anyone ever had any luck with that? or wasting my time?

Bob

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
22 minutes ago, WokTheDog said:

I just read somewhere where you can go to the embassy to ask for a review of your case by the embassy's consulate general or a supervisory officer.   Has anyone ever had any luck with that? or wasting my time?

Bob

Where did you read this?

Link?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

She went back to the Embassy and was told to send an email.  Unfortunately it gets routed to the same consular officer that reviewed the case.   hopeless

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, WokTheDog said:

I see what you are saying.   I visited her back in August of 2017 and stayed for 3 weeks.   I wanted to visit again, but projects at work kept me from going.   I am still amazed how rude the guy was.  why couldn't he just say, "I just don't see evidence of a real relationship"   and leave it at that?   My fiancee's child has been crying non stop since the interview.   

It looks more and more like I will just have to go back and marry her.    I'm just sick to know that this whole process will take another 10-12 months.

What some may perceive as rude may just be our insecurities. IO's are not there to have social tea and laugh, they are there to grill you and to report if any red flags come up for fraud. Unfortunately your case throws many red flags not just 1 and yes, the length of time to wait is cruel sometimes.  You may want to regroup and take a different approach. Also, K1 Fiance visas that are denied by USCIS can be appealed. Once denied, USCIS will provide you with a written notice of denial and instructions for filing an appeal. If you chose to file an appeal, you will have 30 days to do so. Unfortunately, filing an appeal is expensive.

Good luck to you both.

6 hours ago, WokTheDog said:

She went back to the Embassy and was told to send an email.  Unfortunately it gets routed to the same consular officer that reviewed the case.   hopeless

Yes, the same CO is responsible for her case. You can't get a different CO.

Every refusal goes through a review before a final determination and the I-129F being sent back (where it will sit to expire).

What evidence of a relationship did you provide with the I-129F? What relationship evidence was brought to the interview?

It's pretty uncommon to be denied due to an age difference, only 1 visit, etc. in the Philippines.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

K1's in these circumstances are returned and allowed to die.

Pretty rare from PI, even very weak cases seem to pass.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is this the first time your fiancee has filed for immigration benefits?

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

From the inside we personally feel all is well but I have seen pictures of fake arrangements and you can tell there is no love there at all.  Maybe the OP has emotions and feelings but the other person might not show it well in pictures and then add in the age difference and maybe that is why the CO questioned your fiance's integrity

The COs do this on a daily basis and question a lot of people.  They have plenty of experience.

Edited by chi6488

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.