WokTheDog

Fiancee just got Denied

212 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
28 minutes ago, web2nala said:

One must also remember that the interview process is a cumulative thing.  It probably was not a single issue, such as the age gap, that caused the rejection as many with large age gaps are approved.  But just given the brief scenario given by the OP, red flags are there.  Large Age gap, single visit, and even the 1 3/4 years since visiting are all red flags.  Then combine it with the ill advised bar photo and other possible red flags not mentioned (large income or educational gaps, prior history with USCIS... etc can all be flags) and the CO chose to deny.  It is a subjective opinion, not an objective one.  However, as others have stated,  the K1 is dead, its best to move on and begin the CR1 route while building a strong body of evidence.

Well this is the Philippines so you can remove the age gap and the one visit as a red flag. 

3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Honestly after reading your post and rereading the OP's post again I honestly think the mix up is that the CO MIGHT have thought she was a bar girl due to the lack of evidence, age, and picture in a bar. But like I said that is just my thoughts so don't go be getting mad at me.

That was immediately my reaction too. Wondering if the CO believed her to be a bar girl or club hostess. 

There was no answer to the question regarding whether she had been petitioned before. Especially with the CO’s claim of her just wanting to get into the USA anyway she can. 

How old is the child? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the only thing he asked her is if she had any pictures.  I had sent her probably 60-80 pictures.   various events, with her family, with her daughter, and pictures with her friends.    Unfortunately they didn't like the ones in the hotel room and disco for some reason.   He really kept pointing at the disco picture saying "What is this?"   He then told her it wasn't appropriate to stay in the hotel with me.   I also sent all my receipts,  several whatsapp conversations (4 pages per month), documentation of support for her and her child.   I think I had plenty of documentation to show an ongoing relationship.   I kind of wished I attended the interview, because she may have said something that triggered this reaction from the officer.   I just don't know.   I  really didn't realize I could be there with her during the interview.    This whole thing has been both costly and tiring.  

Timeline

No, she has never been petitioned before.   She had a previous fiance, but broke it off because she found him cheating on her.    She has never been a hostess or bargirl.   

3 minutes ago, WokTheDog said:

the only thing he asked her is if she had any pictures.  I had sent her probably 60-80 pictures.   various events, with her family, with her daughter, and pictures with her friends.    Unfortunately they didn't like the ones in the hotel room and disco for some reason.   He really kept pointing at the disco picture saying "What is this?"   He then told her it wasn't appropriate to stay in the hotel with me.   I also sent all my receipts,  several whatsapp conversations (4 pages per month), documentation of support for her and her child.   I think I had plenty of documentation to show an ongoing relationship.   I kind of wished I attended the interview, because she may have said something that triggered this reaction from the officer.   I just don't know.   I  really didn't realize I could be there with her during the interview.    This whole thing has been both costly and tiring.  

The CO making comments like this is inappropriate to say the least.  I have a feeling your fiance misunderstood or misinterpreted something here.  I mean, I have never heard of CO's making moral judgements in the Manila embassy.  Just sayin.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, WokTheDog said:

So let met get this straight...you had 60-80 pictures you sent her...and she chose to show him the disco/bar ones and of you 2 in a hotel room...and you had pictures with family, daughter and other events? After reading lots about what pictures to send I was under the impression that pictures are kinda just secondary evidence...but if he got hung up on those then it must have been some other conversation going on that your not aware of.....why would she choose those to show him? That was very inappropriate for him to make a judgmental statement to her, it's none of his business if your staying together in a hotel! I don't agree with showing documentation of supporting her and her daughter, that really wasn't necessary at this stage..and it could be construed as her using you for income.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

my first visit with my fiance and her family i spent every minute with her and family and that was 4 months ago for 3 weeks i miss her so much and used the only 3 weeks i get per year for vacation but asked my boss if i could take some time to go visit my fiance again and she said yes allowing me to take a trip next month for 2 weeks. 2nd make sure your quizing your fiance ask her the questions they will be asking her at the interview me and my fiance study all the time any question i ask my fiance about me or my job or my family she knows based on what i have been reading it seems either your fiance didnt have the right answers or the photos you sent didnt look like you 2 are in a serious relationship these C.O are trained to read people its their job something made him question your fiance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Might be an idea to wait until you work allows you to spend some quality time with her.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

based on what I am hearing, if their perception is that she is using me for a visa and there is a huge age difference, how would I ever get approved with her?    Why would being married to her change any of those perception's.   My luck is that I would get the same officer for the interview.   He is already biased based on what my fiancee said.

Timeline
1 hour ago, javadown2 said:

So let met get this straight...you had 60-80 pictures you sent her...and she chose to show him the disco/bar ones and of you 2 in a hotel room...and you had pictures with family, daughter and other events? After reading lots about what pictures to send I was under the impression that pictures are kinda just secondary evidence...but if he got hung up on those then it must have been some other conversation going on that your not aware of.....why would she choose those to show him? That was very inappropriate for him to make a judgmental statement to her, it's none of his business if your staying together in a hotel! I don't agree with showing documentation of supporting her and her daughter, that really wasn't necessary at this stage..and it could be construed as her using you for income.

She gave him all the pictures not just a couple.  He just happened to stop at those two and made some rude comments about them.

1 minute ago, WokTheDog said:

based on what I am hearing, if their perception is that she is using me for a visa and there is a huge age difference, how would I ever get approved with her?    Why would being married to her change any of those perception's.   My luck is that I would get the same officer for the interview.   He is already biased based on what my fiancee said.

I believe that many have said to spend more time in person with her.  The marriage part might show that you are serious and so is she.  A CR-1 is not guaranteed but I think at this point it is your only choice other than to throw your hands up in the air and surrender.  I would also HIGHLY RECOMMEND being with her at the Manila Embassy when she interviews.  Take photos on these additional visits with her family and friends anywhere but in a bar or hotel room.  Highly unlikely that you will get the same CO...they have 75 windows there.  But even if you do everything might be different based on at least one additional meeting and your marriage.  Good luck and God Bless,  david 

8 minutes ago, WokTheDog said:

Has she been petitioned for before? 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.