Daymellow

Breakup... Days before K-1 Interview. What should I do?

58 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Daymellow said:

Waited 9 months for NOA2.

Even pre-COVID, it was taking close to that.

Immigration is fraught with delays.  It just is.  And those delays can put additional stress on an already precarious relationship.

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Breakup... Days before K-1 Interview. What should I do?
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Consider yourself lucky you found out now.  It doesn't even really matter who is at fault.  If you can't hang through the K1 process, then you probably have no business putting yourself through a massive culture shock and he has no business uprooting someone unless you both are 100% dedicated to the mission.  Its not easy, its not for the weak.  You have to go through ALL this, and STILL make the marriage work and half the people in this country cant even seem to do that.

Fortunately, we were lucky.  My wife and I are 100% cool with each other.   I understand everyone doesn't have the same experience.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:13 PM, Daymellow said:

What happens when he decides to break up with you right before the whole interview? 😰 Oh lord :(

Sorry to hear about this. Ask him if thats what he really wanted because its hard to go back and fourth with the process that you guys are in right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 6/18/2021 at 11:13 PM, Daymellow said:

What happens when he decides to break up with you right before the whole interview? 😰 Oh lord :(

What you do is you cancel the appointment and leave it open incase you patch things up. 

On 6/19/2021 at 2:13 AM, Daymellow said:

Just be patience. Time heals the situation. Don’t break up unless you absolutely have to. You should think about it twist after all this wait. 

10 hours ago, Daymellow said:

We had a couple of setbacks.

Waited 9 months for NOA2. Then had an error on the name so that needed to be changed.

I had to move back to my home country as well but the NVC sent our petition to the wrong embassy in the country that I was residing in.

Everything has been really stressful.. and I spoke to him about it. It has been overwhelming.

I guess in the end all I can do is wait and see if the love is strong enough to go ahead with everything. 

💞

I'm so sorry to hear this. What is meant to be will be. Positivethoughts sent your way.  Regarding the error in the name. Was the error in the beneficiary name or the petitioner? Also,  did USCIS make the error or was the error on your end?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 1:13 AM, Daymellow said:

Go to the interview.  You may get back together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 6:13 PM, Daymellow said:

I am SO sorry, this is really sad. I wanted to comment on this because I feel as though I can relate about the excitement and overwhelming your partner at times.

I'm just really sorry and I'm praying for you that your life will take you to better places than with someone who would pull the plug last minute.

God just has a different path for you, all the best for whatever he has in store for you next,

Josh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you think it’s temporary breakup I’d try to reschedule the interview out a few weeks or a month.  You won’t be able to start the process back up if you stop it.  

Sorry this happened to you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For us it took from July 14 2010 to a March 30 2011 interview. That 8 months 2 weeks and 2 days so it hasn't changed much in 10 years.

Like J Clark says reschedule if you can.

The whole process is very stressful. It is also frustrating at times after arrival as USCIS often is slower than a glacier.   

Pray and hope for the best outcome.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Daymellow said:

Thank you.

It was and wasn't. I am just trying to stay positive and praying that it will work out. I do love him very much and I hope that the situation will become better.

🙏

Thank you everyone for the comments. 

I pray and will stay positive that things work out.

🙏

I would honestly do the interview, and then afterwards if you decide to stay together or not,  at least that stage would be complete.  Having to go through all that and not make it that far.  No pressure, but just my opinion.  Hopefully things do work out between you two! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two abusive posts have been removed, along with a quoting reply.

Administrative action has been applied.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.